1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 04:39 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had never seen a U stripe on a MINI before and one just passed me yesterday. A real head turner. Love your classy MINI LadyMini! 6 more days...

Old 10-17-2006, 04:44 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
JJ — As I write this I imagine you are motoring in Merlin, a grin a mile wide (of course, your lovely wife let you drive most of the trip home because she could just feel you itching to get your hands on the wheel!) and you're wishin' you could close the studio for the next few days and head for the hills! Pictures! We want pictures!

Old 10-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ladymini
ok...here she is...i decided to take her pics anyway since there's not enough dirt to show up on the pics

she's space blue with silver u-stripe...

congrats to those of you who've taken delivery and for those who are still waiting...hopefully it won't be much longer...hang in there!
Beautiful!

Old 10-17-2006, 08:21 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
2 MINI experiences, no waves.. nice smile from a "too cool for school" kid.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:23 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
ladymini... I like your's almost as much as my own. Nice color combo!!!

Old 10-17-2006, 09:10 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Pictures please...

Originally Posted by climbergirl
ladymini... I like your's almost as much as my own. Nice color combo!!!
Let's see more pictures of "Sassy" soon! I'm so glad you went with that name. It just seemed so perfect (not that I know that you're necessarily sassy, but your true posting colors seem to be, well... )

Old 10-17-2006, 09:56 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
Let's see more pictures of "Sassy" soon! I'm so glad you went with that name. It just seemed so perfect (not that I know that you're necessarily sassy, but your true posting colors seem to be, well... )
Here are a few photo's of both sassy girls!!

Old 10-17-2006, 10:05 PM
homerwest
5th Gear
Mighty fine ride, CG!

Old 10-17-2006, 10:21 PM
yonahleyah
2nd Gear
You're like a sister... obviously, after going through this together, I'm happy for you.... but a wee wil part of me wants to throttle you for having your car already, and such a big grin to go with. But that's just a wee part. Congrats!

Old 10-17-2006, 10:23 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by yonahleyah
You're like a sister... obviously, after going through this together, I'm happy for you.... but a wee wil part of me wants to throttle you for having your car already, and such a big grin to go with. But that's just a wee part. Congrats!
Soon...soon... you will be smiling too!!

Old 10-17-2006, 10:49 PM
ladymini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by climbergirl
2 MINI experiences, no waves.. nice smile from a "too cool for school" kid.
CG,

i love your pictures especially the one in the BK parking lot with 2 big trucks! they look amazingly huge when parked along side with a cute "sassy" MINI i swear the first time i saw my baby in a parking with other cars i seriously thought that she's the cutest little "kid" there!

yeps no waves on my end either! i literally stuck my left hand out the window and did the big wave to the first MINI i saw...i got the "you're weird" look in return...great! so the second time around i was a little more timid and no wave nor a smile back... i think those ppl that are not very enthusiastic seeing another MINI is because they bought theirs off the lot and that they didn't have to go through the process of waiting so they're not as excited as we all are! bummer!

Old 10-17-2006, 11:02 PM
ladymini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
I had never seen a U stripe on a MINI before and one just passed me yesterday. A real head turner. Love your classy MINI LadyMini! 6 more days...
thanks kissmys! i was fantacizing of getting a space blue with white roof/mirror and white stripes for the longest time before i actually placed the order...but when the day came i spotted a space blue at my dealer's lot and i immediately fell in love with the color and i changed my mind right away...i didn't even notice that silver stripe is only available in U-shape until later on...i guess it looks pretty cool i really love how she turns out to be!

you hang in there for Minx! the day will come before you know it!

Old 10-17-2006, 11:10 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Merlin came home tonight in a great big sloppy wet Colorado snowstorm. And yes my wife left me drive home but when the storm passed out we went again and this time she stayed firmly planted in the drivers seat. A little to icey dicey to play very hard though.
Not really great picture weather but as soon as I clean Merlin up (he realy got filthy on the 12 mile ride home) I'l be posting pics of Merlin, me and my Lady Fair.
Oh by the way. The key to the chin thing does work.

Thanks for the photos CG and ladymini.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:26 PM
ladymini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by JJ Blue
Merlin came home tonight in a great big sloppy wet Colorado snowstorm. And yes my wife left me drive home but when the storm passed out we went again and this time she stayed firmly planted in the drivers seat. A little to icey dicey to play very hard though.
Not really great picture weather but as soon as I clean Merlin up (he realy got filthy on the 12 mile ride home) I'l be posting pics of Merlin, me and my Lady Fair.

JJ,

congrats on your delivery! i bet you've been religiously studying the manual and playing with Merlin since you got home that's why you're still up! hahhahhahaa

Old 10-18-2006, 03:11 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Here is a quick shot of Merlin upon delivery. The weather outside was bad and I was to excited to take many shots. More to come later.

Old 10-18-2006, 04:24 AM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CG, how many weeks until that grins comes off your face? Has that betting pool started yet?

Old 10-18-2006, 06:30 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Merlin, Sassy

Here is a quick shot of Merlin upon delivery. The weather outside was bad and I was to excited to take many shots. More to come later.

Merlin, OMG — what a gorgeous stud! I can see why Minx was (is) so distracted! Very beautiful color. Can't wait to see some taken outside (after he's been properly, bathed and fussed over, of course!)

[Here are a few photo's of both sassy girls!!]

Sassy! ClimberGirl, the look on your face looks like the cat that swallowed the canary... You and your Sassy are struttin' those pinstripes like no other! What a jewel! You must be havin' a ball!

Attached Thumbnails R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)-steph_az_mini2.jpg  
Old 10-18-2006, 07:32 AM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by uscfan
Just instsalled my M7 STB this weekend. Can't believe how easy of an install it was, even for someone with no mechanical ability! It literally took me 5 mins to install. Thanks risquiscott for all of your help. I also got my windows tinted at Tint Plus. My car has changed so much since I first got it, I can't believe its the same car! And everyone else's car looks great! I hope you guys are having as much fun as I am.
SC'

How was your experience with tint plus and if you don't mind, how much did they charge. I'm probably only tinting the sunroof.

Thanks

Old 10-18-2006, 07:51 AM
uscfan
3rd Gear
The people at Tint Plus were great and I am happy with the results. I got all windows done, and it cost me $220.

Originally Posted by foomanchu
SC'

How was your experience with tint plus and if you don't mind, how much did they charge. I'm probably only tinting the sunroof.

Thanks

Old 10-18-2006, 08:13 AM
unfrostedpoptart
1st Gear
Hi all.

Still loving my new car. It's been over 12 years since I drove a stick, but I haven't stalled or miss-shifted once!

A little heads-up for people getting their Minis: they recently changed the default settings so that holding the unlock button on the key does not lower the windows. I'm sitting at Crevier service right now while they change it on my car (create waiting room, with WIFI, phones, a coffee shop).

Just wanted people to know - I use this feature all the time to cool off the car as I'm walking to it.

Later,

David

Old 10-18-2006, 09:05 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
My windshield chip is being fixed as we speak, and we go to Clear Armor for clear bra in a couple of hours. I can't wait til that's done so I can put the stripes on and give her a good detail

Old 10-18-2006, 06:31 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Okay, finally - pictures! Clear bra and stripes got done today. I still have to do the boot stripes but that's cool

Old 10-18-2006, 07:22 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
MLWagner's ride...

Oh my, but that is a hot looking car! Are those pin stripes silver? I may just have to succumb one day for the stripe thing. At least it is always an option I can exercise if I am overcome with "need to have them" angst, after my first real motoring gig and exposure to all you sporty motorists! They just look so good!!!

Old 10-18-2006, 07:55 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
They are - they're black with chrome pinstripes. I had Mike at Aesthetic Creations make them for me and they are so hot! And I did them myself. It took me almost an hour to get them lined up right, but the actual application was a piece of cake. I can't wait to get the boot done too!

The guy at Clear Armor told me to wait 2 or 3 days before I wash her again. So I just Speed Shined and did the windows tonight. Looks like I should have done the wheels, too! Eeek...

Old 10-18-2006, 08:46 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear

Congratulations JJBlue. I see Colorado welcomed Merlin in the most Colorado way! I love snow!

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)