1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 08:13 PM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kissmys
I just heard from Blair and he said they were detailing Minx as we spoke. I'm assuming if your car and mine have come this long way together on Pegasus, it is likely that yours is likely at EBM too. They were due tomorrow. SO it is a day ahead of schedule. Blair is good about returning calls... hopefully it is good news and you'll be picking up your MINI by this weekend!
ah man he didn't even call me back.... I HOPE I get a call tomorrow. I hope I'm not on a different truck.. dang I ordered before you and MLW... ok enough whining.. I worry too much. it can't be too much longer. I told him I am carless now so to push me thorugh.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:42 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Handn
Man I like that MINI of yours. The chrome with silver and the curved stripe. That is a classic presentation.
Merlin is stripless but he is going to be badged (very discretely) over the next few months. He will gain some power with a 15% pulley, CAI and rear sway bar at first. Maybe a catback next year and possibly an ECU upgrade. Like all wizards, Merlin intends to be a sleeper, there will be more under the surface than expected.
This group is so great I'm thinking of starting a W3606 or a Mystic MINI thread under the MINI Talk forum, so we do not lose track of each other. I want to wait till all of the Pegusus Leader MINIs come home. What do you all think?

Old 10-20-2006, 07:42 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Mystic MINI thread...

Originally Posted by JJ Blue
Merlin is stripless but he is going to be badged (very discretely) over the next few months.
This group is so great I'm thinking of starting a W3606 or a Mystic MINI thread under the MINI Talk forum, so we do not lose track of each other. I want to wait till all of the Pegusus Leader MINIs come home. What do you all think?
Hi JJ — I'm all for keeping in touch! We still have so much to share, all along our MINI ways! How about we just simplify it to the Mystic 36? And if older W36ers happen on to the thread and stay awhile, we might learn a thing or two from their more experienced wisdom too...

On the stripeless/but badged note... I'm going to be rotating 6 different ones discreetly, but the day I finally meet Minx, the first thing that I'm applying (after a kiss ) will be the a sticker on the back passenger window (behind the driver) that says "Yes it's fast, no you can't drive." I'm assuming the tint is applied on the inside?

CG — where does the parcel shelf come from? I'm thinking I need to order one, or do they have those at the dealer? I bought over $100 in detailing supplies yesterday and I still only have 1/2 of the stuff on that list. Sheesh! As you are my idol professional shopper I thought I'd ask you first .

I had an opportunity to share my secret with someone this morning that made the fact that I'm getting Minx soon, become so real! I often wait in a drive through line for my morning soy latte fix (the place is called "The Deaf Dog" — named after their deaf Aussie) and they know exactly what I order when they see my car coming. So when I finally got to the front of the line, I told my favorite latte maker guy "next week you'll start seeing me coming in a different car." He replied, "Oh, that'll throw me off for about a month." To which I replied, "I think you'll remember me after the very first time, because I'm going to be driving a MINI COOPER! !"

Old 10-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds great to me - I'm in

Old 10-20-2006, 08:54 AM
yonahleyah
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Boneman
Sounds great to me - I'm in
Do they oust our thread eventually? I'm in, because you know I'll be emailing here when it comes time to first check-up and I'm unsure about something... The wait would have been so boring without everyone else.

Old 10-20-2006, 09:09 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by handn

That is saaa-weet! There was a used SB/PS on the lot when I picked up Clara, and I sort of wish I'd thought of that combination! SO pretty, especially with the chrome!

Old 10-20-2006, 09:32 AM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Dealer said MOE WILL arrive today... so since I have no installs it could be I get him right away. I begged. LOL

Old 10-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
Originally Posted by aiiee
Ultra Slick Poly Wipe Spray Detailer - Anti-Static #425

This is the slickest stuff I've ever used and it is very shiny too! Maker claims "Reduced dust attraction" Get it here: http://www.fk1usa.com/products-consumer.htm
Thanks for the tip! Nice looking line of products. I'll have to try this out.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:58 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Yaaaay!

Originally Posted by eenieMini
Dealer said MOE WILL arrive today... so since I have no installs it could be I get him right away. I begged. LOL

I knew it! Congratulations!!! Let me know when you get Moe!

Old 10-20-2006, 02:04 PM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Thanks..I was such a grouch! I'm hoping it will be this weekend as planned... sooner the better. The buyer of my Z3 just drove off with it and I'm hitching a ride home from work with a coworker.... time for MOE

Old 10-20-2006, 04:22 PM
homerwest
5th Gear
Congrats Eenie! There will be a party this weekend!

Old 10-20-2006, 04:49 PM
yonahleyah
2nd Gear
Ok, I pestered my MA for an exact breakdown, tell me what you guys think:
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]sale price 20,850*[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]license fee 200[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]ca tire fee 8.75[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]smog/weight fee's 983[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]doc fee 45[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]tax@7.75% 1,619.36[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]total 22,751.11[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]agreed on 22,729[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]and of course this includes your stripes.

*Here's where I'm confused - my car on the web is 20,200, so plus their 500 mark-up, it should be sale price 20,700, NOT 20,850. I'll ask him about this.
Also, per Kissmys, I went ahead and bought my personalized plates ahead of time. Does the $90 I already paid for them come off of the licensing fee? I will ask my MA, and I did the breakdown ahead of time so I wouldn't get confused in the finance office, but I'm just wondering if you guys had any thoughts on these fees.

...Don't be offended, but I'm going to post this on the regular forum as well. I still love you guys best!!!
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 10-20-2006, 06:28 PM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Lucky you... my tax is 8.25%... ugh!

Old 10-20-2006, 07:21 PM
yonahleyah
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by eenieMini
Lucky you... my tax is 8.25%... ugh!
Technically, mine is too... but shhh... I'm registering the car in my name at my parents address. 7.75% San Diego County.

Old 10-20-2006, 09:43 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by handn
Been out of town all week, but it's been fun seeing all the new pics! Managed to sneak away from work and get at least one more shot of my new baby:

can't wait to see it in person on sunday!!! And get a ride on your Koni's. The stock shocks have been beating the crap out of me the last couple days!

Old 10-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Urban Elf
1st Gear
Congratulations, MINI. Now you're a man.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:42 PM
Urban Elf
1st Gear
Yes! It's a good idea!

Old 10-21-2006, 06:11 AM
abuzavi
6th Gear
The group discussions need to continue. Is there some reason to move from here, other than the eventuality, next year, of future W36'ers stomping on our lillies? That it continues is important, moreso than where it continues, as I see it.

And taxes. You know, there is a way around all that. Just enlist in the military and get stationed overseas and someplace where you can get one delivered, and your Mini is a tax-free purchase! Gosh, doesn't that just make it all sound so grand?

Here's to hoping I don't have to put the car in the garage to go back for yet another tour.....

~ Art

Old 10-21-2006, 09:04 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
abuzavi posted
Is there some reason to move from here, other than the eventuality, next year, of future W36'ers stomping on our lillies?

I would imagine that after a small period of time they will delete this thread. In viewing other production year threads it appeares they are only for the current year and disappear a month or so after the last cars are delivered.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:19 AM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Well, that makes sense. Let's do it!

Old 10-21-2006, 10:38 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by yonahleyah
Also, per Kissmys, I went ahead and bought my personalized plates ahead of time. Does the $90 I already paid for them come off of the licensing fee? I will ask my MA, and I did the breakdown ahead of time so I wouldn't get confused in the finance office, but I'm just wondering if you guys had any thoughts on these fees.
If you bring the print-out from your plate purchase, they'll send it in with the DMV paperwork. I *don't* think it gets you out of the fees though. I'm pretty sure the fee you pay when you order the plate is just the personalized plate fee, not the actual normal DMV plate fee. I could be wrong though, but that's how it was explained to me at the dealership.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:53 AM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
If you bring the print-out from your plate purchase, they'll send it in with the DMV paperwork. I *don't* think it gets you out of the fees though. I'm pretty sure the fee you pay when you order the plate is just the personalized plate fee, not the actual normal DMV plate fee. I could be wrong though, but that's how it was explained to me at the dealership.
You are correct.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:56 AM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
Does this apply if you've already purchased the plates or if only if you are ordering at purchase of the MINI?

Old 10-21-2006, 10:58 AM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Well, I was misinformed... Blair was off and Kristina had looked up the info... he said she gave me unupdated info...Moe is due Sunday, no service dept on Sundays so more likely to get him late Monday or Early Tuesday. He did say if by chance the truck comes today they might can get him processed for me and I'd be driving tomorrow but its not likely....

Looks like we might actually meet after all! If I go Monday afternoon I'll be sure to look for Minx!

Old 10-21-2006, 11:04 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Konis

Originally Posted by climbergirl
can't wait to see it in person on sunday!!! And get a ride on your Koni's. The stock shocks have been beating the crap out of me the last couple days!
I'm thinking more and more that Koni shocks will be my next major mod along with the 15% pulley and CAI. I drive to a ranch 3x's a week on a really crude road that will no doubt test my kidneys over time!

Hey Eenie! Let us know when you pick up Moe. And sneak a peek at Minx if she's in the show room (although she is probably being fitted for the ultimate clear bra today.)

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)