1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:34 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Woohoo! We are rollin' along, guys!

Old 08-29-2006, 11:55 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm feeling sad. You week #36ers are all getting production dates and I can't get anything out of a live person at ASK MINI except that they have my order. I was told weeks ago that I'm in week #36 and it was confirmed by my MO again yesterday (isn't #36 Sept. 4th?) So are we all still in this together, or are your cars being made this week and finished next? I've been trying to follow Boneman's instructions on how to track my MINI, but I can't even get a VIN# yet. I keep thinking that due to East Bay MINI's extreme popularity (due to no markup), their allotment issues might be more complex. I don't know... I just want to see my blue dot move and get my VIN!:impatient

Old 08-29-2006, 12:05 PM
handn
3rd Gear
I know the feeling. It's exactly how I felt until I called this morning.

Hang in there. It seemed like forever until I got a response other than "Scheduled for production, with no confirmed date."

Old 08-29-2006, 12:07 PM
handn
3rd Gear
P.S. Call 866-ASK-MINI. They'll have the most recent info for you. My dot is still at "on order" even though I have a production end date.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:25 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Well, hallelujah... at least the ASK MINI robot no longer just says they've received my order. I am getting "Scheduled for production, with no confirmed date..." At least that's a start in the right direction (even though in the Owner's Lounge the blue dot hasn't moved at all.)

Old 08-29-2006, 12:27 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Hang tight Week 36ers. By September 8th we will all be dancing in the streets and checking out the shipping scheduals. By Halloween we will all be listening for rattles in the dash, moaning over dealer induced swirl marks, planning or installing our mods and generally motoring around with big grins on our faces.
Are there any other Coloradians in the Week 36ers?

Old 08-29-2006, 12:42 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by handn
I'd say completion date. Kinda like babies.
Oh my god, I haven't had any children yet. But I have been in on a few deliveries (a few in nursing school and my friends recent delivery) and let me tell you, it may be less pain giving birth to a MCS, but the hours of anticipation are just as bad!

Old 08-29-2006, 12:44 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
oooooh ohhohoohhooh.. I have a VIN!!

Old 08-29-2006, 01:03 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Did you JUST get it?!!! Should I keep checking today?

Old 08-29-2006, 01:17 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by climbergirl
oooooh ohhohoohhooh.. I have a VIN!!
Arrrgh... must... resist... calling... again...

Old 08-29-2006, 01:59 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kissmys
Did you JUST get it?!!! Should I keep checking today?
I found it in the OL. It shows up under your production number along with your dealers name. Go to the section where you can review your order, when you click on that, you will see your vin!! yeah.. do you see it?

Old 08-29-2006, 04:11 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Birth of a MINI

Getting the VIN is like conception, the production of the MINI and its Oceanic transport are the gestation. Time at the VDC and arrival at the dealership is the labor. Then of course we have the delivery! Yes our MINIs are babys in every sense, I hear when they get older they even develope an attitude.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:16 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
I guess because my MINI hasn't yet been assigned a production date, it hasn't yet been conceived. So perhaps it's still in the phallopian tube? In the OL I can see the Order no. and the dealer, but no VIN.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:00 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by JJ Blue
Getting the VIN is like conception, the production of the MINI and its Oceanic transport are the gestation. Time at the VDC and arrival at the dealership is the labor. Then of course we have the delivery! Yes our MINIs are babys in every sense, I hear when they get older they even develope an attitude.

great, my dogs have attitude, my man gets attitude, and now my car is going to have attitude?

Old 08-29-2006, 09:50 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Kissmys
Stay with us, don't give up. I'll bet your car is in production they just haven't updated the computer. Remember, in your delicate position, stress :impatient can be a very scarry thing. We don't want to do anything that will hurt the baby. Pretty soon Dr. Ask Mini will come out and pronounce that you have a VIN and you will have a glow about you and life will be good .
In the mean time practice your breathing exercises. You will need them when you get word that your baby is at the VDC for the next 5 days and will be at the dealership for about a week before can look into its bright little eyes and run your fingers over it's little silver head. Have you given your MINI a name yet?

Old 08-30-2006, 07:15 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Thanks for the pep talk JJ Blue. I needed it. I think one of the hardest things is my husband wants me to make this a secret/surprise for the rest of the family. So I am bursting with excitement that I can't talk about when the "so, what's new with you?" question is posed.:impatient

No I haven't named him/her yet. Will have to get inspired at some point. My license is on order ("NANOKAR") and for now I just use the NANO. But I'm sure a real name that fits the personality will come along. I also ordered a frame for the license that says "Supercharged" at the top and "Fun!!!" at the bottom.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:27 AM
powerband
3rd Gear
Oh pooh!... Do you think I've screwed up my karma more by talking to a living MINI rep?
I hear if you call them to ask for the production status of your MINI, they'll delay your car production a month and paint your roof the wrong color.

Just kidding.

When I called AskMINI again to talk to a live rep, she was very personable and told me exactly what the phone robot told me two days earlier. She sounded nice and patient, and gave indication of painting my roof diarrhea brown.

-

Old 08-30-2006, 09:37 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
I figured that part of MINI's poor lack of response to moi, was perhaps my "handle" being kissmys. Maybe they think I'm a smart-S. Hmmm, diarrhea brown. Is that the color of Royal Grey without the metallic sparklies?

Old 08-30-2006, 10:38 AM
powerband
3rd Gear
I figured that part of MINI's poor lack of response to moi, was perhaps my "handle" being kissmys. Maybe they think I'm a smart-S. Hmmm, diarrhea brown. Is that the color of Royal Grey without the metallic sparklies?

I think that, for the most part, customer service depends on whether the server is wearing his/her underwear normal or in a bunch. Bet ya talked to one who was suffering from a bunched-up wad that was also positioned in a painful wedgy.

As for the reference to diarrhea brown and Royal Grey... Let the record be known to the RGOC that:

I DIDN'T SAY IT! i DIDN'T SAY IT!

(But it is funny as... well, diarrhea.)

Old 08-30-2006, 10:45 AM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Don't believe for one minute that I don't LOVE Royal Grey. Note that my MINI will be such — a classy RG/S, chromed, fog lighted, Xenoned and generally the drooling object of Petaluma.

Oh, and sparkling...

Old 08-30-2006, 10:56 AM
powerband
3rd Gear
Coincidentally, Royal Grey was the other color I bounced back and forth with Dark Silver. Before I ordered mine, I initially saw a RG/B sporting Royal Grey 17-inch rims (Rota brand) and, let me tell you, it was HOT HOT HOT!

It was a tough decision between the two colors for me. You will have a hot-looking car.

(Shoot, did I order the wrong color? Should I have stuck with Royal Grey? Oh, no...)

Old 08-30-2006, 11:41 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Hey, have you guys checked your status today with a live person? Patrick told me that my MCS was speeding right through. Today my car is in the bodyshop. Originally my completion date was 9/5, but now he will be completed on 9/4. wooohooo.
Next step, paint shop, then assembly, then quality check, then to the docks!!

btw, RG is a nice color! But I loooove the way dark silver looks like hot liquid metal. Its shiny... oooh..

Old 08-30-2006, 11:48 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Kissmys
See, your glowing already . Unfortunatley during the gestation period there will be the occassional bout with the Cooper version of morning sickness. It is called MINI sickness but we will all deal with that as it comes. For now............Hurrah!!

Old 08-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by climbergirl
Hey, have you guys checked your status today with a live person? Patrick told me that my MCS was speeding right through. Today my car is in the bodyshop. Originally my completion date was 9/5, but now he will be completed on 9/4. wooohooo.
Next step, paint shop, then assembly, then quality check, then to the docks!!

btw, RG is a nice color! But I loooove the way dark silver looks like hot liquid metal. Its shiny... oooh..
Polly was in the body shop on Monday, is in the paint shop today (I didn't check yesterday and it was painful ), and is scheduled for completion tomorrow. Climbergirl, you might be pleasantly surprised by an early birthdate . Then we still have to wait for the boat on the 11th though

Old 08-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
hello from week 33!

Just droping in to see how things are going. Glad to see people getting VIN# and cars entering the bodyshop. I hope all is well, hang in there, great things come to those who wait!

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)