1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 12:29 PM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually, there might be an inverse proportion, tied to the cost of fuel.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:24 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK. I might have gotten caught, but I should really challenge this in court. I was within eyesight of the "40" speed zone sign (1/2 a block away), when this motorcycle city policeman snagged me from a side alley. So I was only going 6 miles over the nearest posted speed limit. I think he wanted to check out Minx. However, I'm still recovering from my shoulder surgery (just 2 weeks ago) and just don't have the energy or patience. So I'm doing traffic school "on-line." I'm a good girl I am...

Old 04-21-2007, 02:23 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Just a little bit naughty .

Old 04-21-2007, 03:20 AM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Online?

What, on your Xbox 360?

That seems so..... wrong.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:02 PM
sky9capt
1st Gear
The car looks fast even when you are being mostly good! Motor cops are notorious for expecting you to be fast.

Also...try to check your speedo for accuracy against another "trusted" vehicle or GPS. Mine actually reads, on average, 2.5 mph slow so I guess it is trying to save me a ticket.

Have fun with the driving school. I have been through that. It's better than taking the points!

Old 04-21-2007, 01:20 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
I hope she's going to Phil Wicks(?) Driving Acadamey. Now that would be cool.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:25 PM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Me! Me! Me! More about Me! Because that's all y'all care about! Me!

Sorry. Been feeling a little insecure lately.

Anyway - I got pullied and one-balled today.

And my MINI had some mods done also.

That's as good as the jokes get, folks. You might as well laugh.

Craven 15% pulley and One-Ball mod, plus NGK JCW plugs, courtesy of GrassRoots Garage - lots of details on my blog!

Awesome - this is what the car SHOULD HAVE been like from the factory. Power, sound, suspension, the works. I'm a happy camper. But I'm still getting the MTH tuner file to top it all off...

Mods are an addiction.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:12 PM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
And today I flipped 10,000 miles on Blimey... wow - I don't think I've ever driven that many miles in one car in 6 months before... it's amazing how the MINI makes me find reasons to rack up the miles... Fly to Atlanta? Nah, I'll just drive... and I've already figured the routes to and from just about anywhere in the Southeast I need to go. And all those routes go through Fontana, NC.

Funny how that works...

Old 04-27-2007, 02:19 PM
kaszeta
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BlimeyCabrio
And today I flipped 10,000 miles on Blimey... wow - I don't think I've ever driven that many miles in one car in 6 months before... it's amazing how the MINI makes me find reasons to rack up the miles... Fly to Atlanta? Nah, I'll just drive... and I've already figured the routes to and from just about anywhere in the Southeast I need to go. And all those routes go through Fontana, NC.
We've got the same problem. Motor has hit 10,000 as well, since, well, it's just that much fun to drive.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:23 AM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Was coming home from the airport last night (spent the week in Bucharest for work -- nice) and hit a long stretch of construction on the autobahn. It was all 100 km/h.

Yeah, about 60 mph.

How do you people do it? I was ready to pull out my eye lashes, it was so painful.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:23 AM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Name:  laught16.gif
Views: 63
Size:  14.3 KB

You poor, poor baby.

Can daddy put something on that boo boo and make it feel better?

Old 04-28-2007, 05:33 AM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Actually, I started the healing process last night with some ice cream. A second session tonight, maybe with a good German beer, will help.

So, how does it feel to be a one-baller? Or is that the wrong description?

One-ball-less?

Or do you just call it "going commando"?

And how is Heather with all of this? I saw her quote -- "It's amazing how a thin piece of plastic can really heighten your sensitivity" -- I bet there are some good quotes in this, too....

Old 04-28-2007, 12:26 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Are we off topic or are we talking about driving without a seatbelt? Or changing oil without latex gloves? Or...........................?????

Old 04-28-2007, 12:27 PM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
One-ballin it feels footloose and fancy free. I feel twenty pounds lighter with that humungus dead weight ball cut off. The remaining ball just has to work a little harder. I can run much faster now. And, surprisingly, Blimey's voice is deeper... who'da thunk it?

Old 04-28-2007, 01:15 PM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Somehow, I don't think a thin piece of plastic would really heighten the sensitivity.....

Old 04-28-2007, 05:56 PM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Originally Posted by abuzavi
Somehow, I don't think a thin piece of plastic would really heighten the sensitivity.....
Exactly. You had to be there... Heather said this referring to the effect of the "plastic baggie method" of determining if you're paint needs to be clayed. But, of course, I immediately pounced on the other implications of that particular quote...

Old 04-29-2007, 12:25 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Wer'e going to have to V chip this thread.

Old 04-29-2007, 02:48 PM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JJ Blue
Wer'e going to have to V chip this thread.
Well, you know, when we go days and days without grownup posts from other adult types, boys will be boys and me and abuzavi, left to entertain ourselves, will stumble into the bars with the flashing pink neon...

Old 04-29-2007, 08:55 PM
abuzavi
6th Gear
WHat sort of HP gain would be get from this "v chip" thing?

Old 04-29-2007, 09:06 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mini_dreams

hey ML... did you have the oil changed before the clock told you to? just curious. I had mine changed at 3,000 and have since put on another 4,500 with my cross-country roadtrip. so it is due again, although the MINI counter says i'll get a free one in about 4,000.

i know this is a touchy topic.
Man, sorry for my slowness to respond...I just now caught this post.

Yes, I changed the oil myself somewhere around 5k. I was glad I did because there was obvious material from break-in left in the oil that I drained.

I was supposed to get it done again before AMVIV, but two days after I made my appointment, they called to tell me the policy had changed and they now couldn't do it til the counter was at 0 or negative. So I changed the appointment for after AMVIV and of course after that road trip it was quite a ways into the negative.

So I just plan to keep doing it myself at every 5k (it's like, $25 worth of oil...and super easy) and collecting my free services as I go along.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:09 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BlimeyCabrio
You are racking up some miles there. I'm only at about 9200 so far...
I'm now at a little over 15000. Another drive to Vegas and back this weekend helped. I am just really really enjoying driving places instead of flying...even if I have to spend two hours after I get home washing off all the bugs...

Old 04-30-2007, 06:51 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Abuvazi posted
WHat sort of HP gain would be get from this "v chip" thing?
The V chip itself does not add horsepower. It only assists in keeping children from viewing how many ***** if any your MINI exhaust system has. It also prevents children from being exposed to MINIs wearing low cut bras.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:30 PM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Well, here's to hoping it's not effective againt the clear bras!

Took the Mini on the road today. OBC told me, when I left, that I was good for about 85 miles -- not enough for a round trip. Drove to my meeting, and afterwards, pointed the GPS to the nearest gas station.

After that, I hit the autobahn and really opened it up. Not wholly floored, but damn close.

Gotta say, on days like today, I am reminded why I love German roads, and I am reminded of why I love the MCS so much. There is little that is comparable to holding a steady 130 mph.

Took the Mini tonight, when the son and I went to see Bob Dylan in concert. The post-concert mad dash to get out of there, it was the perfect car -- small, reponsive, and zippy enough to let me maneuver away from the idiots. I would have dreaded the same exodus in anything larger than the Mini.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:42 PM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Originally Posted by abuzavi
Well, here's to hoping it's not effective againt the clear bras!

Took the Mini on the road today. OBC told me, when I left, that I was good for about 85 miles -- not enough for a round trip. Drove to my meeting, and afterwards, pointed the GPS to the nearest gas station.

After that, I hit the autobahn and really opened it up. Not wholly floored, but damn close.

Gotta say, on days like today, I am reminded why I love German roads, and I am reminded of why I love the MCS so much. There is little that is comparable to holding a steady 130 mph.

Took the Mini tonight, when the son and I went to see Bob Dylan in concert. The post-concert mad dash to get out of there, it was the perfect car -- small, reponsive, and zippy enough to let me maneuver away from the idiots. I would have dreaded the same exodus in anything larger than the Mini.
This post made me smille. I'm not even going to lash out in jealousy. Amen to everything but the 130mph part - I wouldn't know. But I hit triple digits today.... for me that's a victory... and, yeah, the MCS rocketh. Especially with the pulley and one-ball and intake. The thing does 60-90mph like a bat outta hell... with lots of headroom beyond that.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:16 AM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Well, today I got around to washing Tess. Been a couple of weeks -- a couple of weeks that included runs through the Black Forest and some wide-open autobahn time.

Bugs, splatted at 130 mph, can be damn stubborn to come off of the windshield.

Have a good weekend.

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)