1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 02:46 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your MINI must be on a ship in the middle of the ocean right now.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
Actully its in NY.

it should leave NY next and arrive in SC on 9/5.

I expect to get my mini somewhere close to 9/12

Old 08-30-2006, 03:01 PM
kissmys
3rd Gear
No, Powerband, you did not order the wrong color... you know how sexy you'll look in the liquid DS. The main reason I went to RG is because my youngest daughter is always commenting on how all of my cars haven't had color (the last two being light silver — prior to that she has no memory). Ergo the RG. I swear there is color in there... and I'd seen one once that turned my head around. As it is an '06 color addition and the last of the "Supercharged", I figured I'd add to its "collectible" value. But let's face it... I've never seen a MINI color I didn't like. They are a handsome bunch, they are!

Old 08-30-2006, 03:50 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Boneman
Polly was in the body shop on Monday, is in the paint shop today (I didn't check yesterday and it was painful ), and is scheduled for completion tomorrow. Climbergirl, you might be pleasantly surprised by an early birthdate . Then we still have to wait for the boat on the 11th though
zzzzrooom.... and you thought were goina leave me behind... My un-named MCS is quick, like a lighting bolt... I am only 2-4 days behind you.

Old 08-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by climbergirl
zzzzrooom.... and you thought were goina leave me behind... My un-named MCS is quick, like a lighting bolt... I am only 2-4 days behind you.
....just being polite and waiting for un-named to catch up... Sassy might be a good name....

Old 08-30-2006, 04:18 PM
rfhcpa
1st Gear
I hope ASKUSAMINI is correct. They say I'm week 36. Going to the MINIUSA site and getting a response of " On Order" is getting old. Ordered 7-31-06.
Softtop season is getting short in Ohio.

Anyone interested in a 1988 Mazda "88 RX7 Convertible? 56K Miles.
Need to sell before delivery of MCSC.

Old 08-30-2006, 04:49 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Boneman
....just being polite and waiting for un-named to catch up... Sassy might be a good name....
Hmm.... Sassy would make it a girl. Don't ya think DS seems more boy like? But I do like Sassy!! Suits me just fine! Thanks for waiting.... Hey, maybe we will even end up taking delivery on the same day! Then we could caravan to the 405. But, I would have to leave you at the 10 W. Sorry.

Old 08-30-2006, 04:55 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm.... Sassy would make it a girl. Don't ya think DS seems more boy like? But I do like Sassy!! Suits me just fine! Thanks for waiting.... Hey, maybe we will even end up taking delivery on the same day! Then we could caravan to the 405. But, I would have to leave you at the 10 W. Sorry.
It would be fun

Old 08-30-2006, 08:06 PM
handn
3rd Gear
Hurray, checked the order tracking website tonight, I've got a VIN! So exciting.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:07 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by handn
Hurray, checked the order tracking website tonight, I've got a VIN! So exciting.
I am doing the happy VIN dance for you.... now if I could just find happy dancing smileys!

Old 08-30-2006, 08:16 PM
handn
3rd Gear
I am doing the happy VIN dance for you.... now if I could just find happy dancing smileys!

I feel so much more legit now.

I wasn't expecting much, but for kicks I ran my VIN through the BMW/MINI VIN decoder and it comes up as a Rolls Royce Phantom.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:39 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
I wasn't expecting much, but for kicks I ran my VIN through the BMW/MINI VIN decoder and it comes up as a Rolls Royce Phantom.
You are getting a great deal! I wouldn't let them back out of it. Turn around and trade it in for seven MINIs, one for each day of the week.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:54 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Just for fun I checked mine out. It's a Rolls Royce Phantom Saloon manufactured in August of 2002. I guess I'm going to have to rebadge Merlin when I get him.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:57 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear

I feel so much more legit now.

nice.... wonder if we are all getting phantoms?

Old 08-30-2006, 10:50 PM
powerband
3rd Gear
Phantom here, too. This Rolls Royce will be a very nice saloon car but, dang it, I wanted the manual tranny!

Old 08-30-2006, 11:13 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by powerband
Phantom here, too. This Rolls Royce will be a very nice saloon car but, dang it, I wanted the manual tranny!
give the man his Stick!! It's ok, I like the manuel too!

Old 08-31-2006, 03:09 AM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
The first mod I'm doing to my Phantom is a grey haired English chauffeur in a Royal Silver suit with English Panther driving gloves. I wonder if Alta makes Austrian crystal dome lights?

Old 08-31-2006, 10:21 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by JJ Blue
The first mod I'm doing to my Phantom is a grey haired English chauffeur in a Royal Silver suit with English Panther driving gloves. I wonder if Alta makes Austrian crystal dome lights?
sweet.. I want a ride!

Old 08-31-2006, 10:23 AM
ladymini
1st Gear
36 or 37??!!??

Hello everybody!

i just joined NAM last night and this is my first post! was so excited to run into a support group that's this supportive! hahaha...

i ordered my MCSa on 8/21/06 and i was given a production number right away and my MA got back to me the next day to let me know that i am scheduled for week 36 but when i called ASK-MINI i was told that i'm a week 37...i'm still getting the same answers from both parties as of today...can anyone help this miserable 36er (or 37er) clarify the uncertainty?

ordered on 8/21/06: MCSa SB/S, silver bonnet stripes, premium, sport, cold weather, convenience, rear fog, gray leatherette, H/K, anthracite interior

Old 08-31-2006, 10:30 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ladymini
Hello everybody!

i just joined NAM last night and this is my first post! was so excited to run into a support group that's this supportive! hahaha...

i ordered my MCSa on 8/21/06 and i was given a production number right away and my MA got back to me the next day to let me know that i am scheduled for week 36 but when i called ASK-MINI i was told that i'm a week 37...i'm still getting the same answers from both parties as of today...can anyone help this miserable 36er (or 37er) clarify the uncertainty?

ordered on 8/21/06: MCSa SB/S, silver bonnet stripes, premium, sport, cold weather, convenience, rear fog, gray leatherette, H/K, anthracite interior
Well, I ordered on 8/1 didn't have a production number for 3 wks, but then I received the number, found out my production week was 36 and wahhla. There is it. I use 866 ask mini and I speak to a live person. Some are more helpful than others. They way it is happening to me is that I was giving a production start date of sept 4th, then for some strange reason, my car started production early. So, instead of starting production, my car will be finish by sept 4th. I guess that really makes several of us wk 35 instead of 36. But, we will just stay here. Just keep calling. Things can change quite fast. Good luck and congratulations!!

Old 08-31-2006, 10:40 AM
ladymini
1st Gear
thanks a lot climbergirl! i hope i'll get a good news like you did too! after finding out about this thread, i asked the folks at ask-mini if the current schedule is being ahead of time or delayed and they kinda said that their schedule is usually on time...but i'm an optomist ...i'll keep you guys posted!

Old 08-31-2006, 10:56 AM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ladymini
thanks a lot climbergirl! i hope i'll get a good news like you did too! after finding out about this thread, i asked the folks at ask-mini if the current schedule is being ahead of time or delayed and they kinda said that their schedule is usually on time...but i'm an optomist ...i'll keep you guys posted!
Always good to talk to a human at 866-ASK-MINI. Though some are, as someone said, "more informative" than others. Just talked to Sal who was very helpful.

Who knows, they may rush you through so our cars get painted together.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:37 AM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I called today (Aug 31) and 'ASK mini' said it appeared that my car would be built next week (36), but they had no additional info. Is this normal that I can get so close to production and they still don't know anything?

YD

Old 08-31-2006, 11:49 AM
handn
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Yo'sDad
I called today (Aug 31) and 'ASK mini' said it appeared that my car would be built next week (36), but they had no additional info. Is this normal that I can get so close to production and they still don't know anything?

YD
Seems to be. Things can jump around a bit until you are actually "in production." Hang in there... it can be frustrating to always get the same response.

And welcome to the PW36SG!

Old 08-31-2006, 12:36 PM
ladymini
1st Gear
Always good to talk to a human at 866-ASK-MINI. Though some are, as someone said, "more informative" than others. Just talked to Sal who was very helpful.

Who knows, they may rush you through so our cars get painted together.
called my MA and i was told that my car didn't make it through the production that was supposed to be week 36 which appeared to be ahead of schedule (that's more along the same line of what we see in here ) he said that his screen shows him that i am in wk 37 but then he said that my car should be in there any day now and it shouldn't matter coz most likely my car will be floating in the same boat as a lot of the 36ers! hahaha...i hope it's true...

so, hadn, our cars might not get painted together but mine can appear to be your twin sister (without the shiny chromy stuff) and may end up crossing the pond in the same boat

-------------------------------------------------------------------
ordered 8/21/06: MCSa SB/S, silver bonnet stripes, premium, sport, cold weather, convenience, rear fog, gray leatherette, H/K, anthracite interior, arm rest

Quick Reply: R53 Production Week 36 (9/4/06)