1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glad to be here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Cadzillac
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to be here!

Happy owner of an '06 Pepper White S. I traded in my '99 DeVille which was a fantastic car (32-valve Northstar...) when I lived in Charm City and had to barrel around the beltway. Now, back in 'Jersey, a 7-mile commute made the Caddy less than practical and boyfriends never knew what to make of it. So in June I got the Mini. Didn't even test drive it. Just had faith. The evening I picked her up I transferred what little I had from the Caddy to the Mini. The only mili-second of Buyer's Remorse occurred as I suddenly realized my umbrella would not fit in the trunk. Too long (the voice in my head screamed 'WHAT HAVE YOU JUST DONE!!!!'). The minute I got behind the wheel and shifted off into the sunset all was forgiven. What a terrifically fun car! Today I mounted a Thule roof rack for my Trek road bike and can't be happier.

One other thing...the Mini is fantastic in the city BUT...I have lost some serious negotiating power when it comes to merging into that Lincoln Tunnel mess. Never had trouble with the Caddy because it was just too massive to challenge. With the Mini...a whole lot more strategy is involved.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:50 AM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Another estatic Mini owner. Brings a tear to my eye

Congrats on your mini and welcome to NAM

Old 08-12-2006, 11:06 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WOW...what a switch!!! Don't worry, you'll adjust to your new MCS before long.........oh, yes, you'll have a long list of strategies I'm sure!!!

As for buying w/o a test drive.........you are my new hero!!

Old 08-12-2006, 01:32 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Welcome, and don't worry you'll figure out soon enough how to get the MINI in and out of traffic and you'll be grinning the entire time!
Come check out the link in the bottom of my sig.
Annette

Old 08-12-2006, 01:40 PM
gizzer777
5th Gear
No you haven't

Originally Posted by Cadzillac
One other thing...the Mini is fantastic in the city BUT...I have lost some serious negotiating power when it comes to merging into that Lincoln Tunnel mess. Never had trouble with the Caddy because it was just too massive to challenge. With the Mini...a whole lot more strategy is involved.
I remember the Lincoln tunnel well(I moved to reno 30 yrs ago....)

You have not lost any negotiating power! You do not have to negotiate....If they are not polite (in New York City...Ha!)

The others can't react as fast as you can! Just pick your spot and you're in!!!

They even try that stuff out here..using F-350's, Hummers, and Caddy Pickups (now that's a laugh)...NO CHANCE! Before they realize what happened...I am in front of them! Some try to get on your tail...until they realize they can't catch you either...just a little goose on the Supercharger! Then they sheepeshly surrender (minus a bunch of gas!!!)

Welcome and enjoy! BTW: YOUR CHOICE OF COLOR DENOTES EXCELLENT TASTE!!!

Old 08-12-2006, 05:27 PM
MiniMaxx
5th Gear
Strategy formula: Time to make a move + Drop down a gear = squirtin' thru traffic