1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat - defect?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 06:00 AM
katherine
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seat - defect?

Hey guys,

I just took delivery of my new MINI last night. Only one problem - the seat. On the side where the lever is to pop the seat forward so someone can get in the back seat, on the bottom, there is a little spot where the leatherette isn't tucked all the way into the plastic. There is a raw piece of leatherette that refuses to get tucked back in. Is this a big deal? I'm afraid that since it's the driver's seat, which will get the most wear and tear, that the problem will only get worse. I apologize for not having a picture, Ernesto is keeping me from snapping any shots (and I have no garage).

Thanks for any and all advice!!

EDIT: I did already email my MA to see what my options were in terms of getting this issue fixed (no answer yet); I'm just wondering what you guys think.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:44 AM
SpringMinifan
2nd Gear
Katherine,
If it were mine, I'd insist on the dealer fixing it immediately..Afterall, it's a brand new car and it sounds like a bit of workmanship is lacking here. Stay Dry.....

Old 09-01-2006, 07:55 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like a warranty fix to me...

Donna

Old 09-01-2006, 09:25 AM
katherine
4th Gear
Thanks guys I'll post a picture as soon as I can get to it - I just talked to my MA and she said she'd have to get with the general manager to consider options. She wasn't sure what they could do short of putting a brand new seat in the car.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:31 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by katherine
Hey guys,

I just took delivery of my new MINI last night. Only one problem - the seat. On the side where the lever is to pop the seat forward so someone can get in the back seat, on the bottom, there is a little spot where the leatherette isn't tucked all the way into the plastic. There is a raw piece of leatherette that refuses to get tucked back in. Is this a big deal? I'm afraid that since it's the driver's seat, which will get the most wear and tear, that the problem will only get worse. I apologize for not having a picture, Ernesto is keeping me from snapping any shots (and I have no garage).

Thanks for any and all advice!!

EDIT: I did already email my MA to see what my options were in terms of getting this issue fixed (no answer yet); I'm just wondering what you guys think.

Stella is home now??????? Yeah!! congrats on taking delivery. As for the seat, I would make the dealer fix it. It's a new car. Everything should be perfect. If not, they should make it so!

Old 09-01-2006, 09:33 AM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on Stella's delivery - I hope it was all you thought it would be and then some

The dealer should fix this without issue - the important thing is that you e-mailed your MA right away so there can be no claiming that you did it yourself.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:51 AM
katherine
4th Gear
Thanks guys! It was an issue I spotted immediately, both my MA and the manager looked at it the night of delivery. They said all the cars were like that - and yes, the leather is cut that way, but on the other cars they showed me, it was all tucked neatly in! :(

And yes, Stella is fabulous - pictures coming soon!

Old 09-02-2006, 02:17 PM
katherine
4th Gear
Ok guys, now that Ernesto is gone and I can take my camera outside, I took a pic of the seat - what do you guys think? Am I freaking out over something minor, or is this a legitimate concern?

Old 09-02-2006, 02:51 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
make them fix that. Ask them if they would like to buy a brand spankin new pair of expensive shoes with the seams unfinished? And if its no big deal, then if there are other cars on the lot with out the blemish, it shouldn't be a big deal for them switch the seat out with one of the other cars.. .you know, in the name of customer satisfaction. Remember CSR. Bmw/MINI have it. If you don't give them a good review, it can end up costing the dealership money.