1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you choose your color?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 07:53 PM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Methman
Go Aztecs!

Too bad they lost last night...
Boo, hey at least my kids High School team won, (we beat Fallbrook 49-21), and I was there to cheer them on.

Old 09-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
JB chose me. Went through the spec out and order process a few times and the deal kept falling through, then went into the dealer a few weeks later (after looking at a Black used camaro) Went it in

MA "so what are you looking for?"
Me "MCS"
MA "auto or manual?"
Me "Manual"
MA "We have 2 an EB and JB";
he listed the options, the JB had the ones that matched (I wanted center tach not Nav, which was the big option decider)

Drove off the lot 45 min after the dealer was offically closed that night. And my opinons on colors have changed quite a bit since then.

Old 09-02-2006, 08:31 PM
O'MalleyMini
Neutral
When choosing my color, I looked at every option possible, in every combo available. I actually choose my EB totally by accident - it wasn't one I was considering. But on a whim, I paired that color with the black roof and bonnet stripes, and right then, I knew that would be my color! I love it. The only drawback is when I pass a police car and I'm going a "little" too fast...there's no such thing as "blending into traffic" in my EB Mini!

Old 09-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by O'MalleyMini
The only drawback is when I pass a police car and I'm going a "little" too fast...there's no such thing as "blending into traffic" in my EB Mini!
Psst....It's not possible in any MINI

Old 09-02-2006, 09:01 PM
kyriian
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ds... it's always been DS when i was building my MINI, however, as the year rolled on, it started to change... but i still love my DS... especially after a good zaino

Old 09-02-2006, 10:14 PM
bumble's angel
6th Gear
The first Mini(Classic in 2000) I bought they had three on the lot and the red was the cheapest.
The Second MINI, first New MINI,(in 2005) it was used on a dealers lot and was well below blue book cause it had been sitting there for a few months, so I got a Liquid Yellow.
The Third MINI,(in 2006) it was on the show room floor and exacly like the wife had built on MINIUSA.COM and since I crashed the other we needed a new on. She said we are getting that one, so we now have a Pepper White.

Old 09-02-2006, 11:13 PM
purplefreak60
3rd Gear
Purple Haze was an easy choice for me...Purple has been my favorite color as long as I can remember AND Purple Haze just sounds cool!!

Old 09-03-2006, 06:06 AM
creseida
4th Gear
My first choice was Cool Blue. Really loved that colour. But I needed a hardtop as my daily driver and cool blue was not available for the hardtop no matter how much I whined and pouted. Space Blue was nice and subtle and I liked it almost as much as I liked the Cool Blue so I went with it.

I liked Purple Haze, especially once I saw it in person, but it was discontinued when I went to place my order. :(

EB was too bright, I don't need to draw attention to myself with a red car, and greys and whites are just. not. me.

Yellow? Uh why would I want to encourage a car to be a lemon by painting it the colour of one?

While I love a black car, I don't like metalflake blacks; the colour isn't deep enough and always looks like it has a film of dust on it.

I do like green, but I've seen a few of the BRG minis on the road and they look almost black. It just didn't do it for me as a green colour.

So Space Blue it is. No regrets

Old 09-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Scouser
6th Gear
I saw a LY/LY in the showroom and thought it looked really cool. That is until my wife told me that "Yellow is a bit young for you"

As I am the boss in our house I went right ahead and ordered a DS/DS..

Never mind. I love the car and my wife (Not in that particular order...I think).

Old 09-03-2006, 11:08 AM
pqw5uQ3r
2nd Gear
All right. Another DS/DS. I was starting to feel lonely. I think the have my picture up at the dealership and throw darts at it because I changed the color of my order so much. First I wanted Purple Haze. I love purple. That color was gone, then I wanted Jet Black. Gone. Then my all time favorite color Electric Blue. Yeah, Gone. So then I placed my order for HB/Blk. Changed it to PS/Blk, then DS/Blk, then back to HB/Blk and finally DS/DS.

Now my baby is on some cruise ship apparently. Must be nice. I have never been on a cruise. It is not fair. She is only 1 week old and already on a cruise.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:19 AM
buzzs06s
1st Gear
Wife always wanted a Blue car. After 4 new cars my way, we had to get the Mini in Blue!!! I am glad that we did

Old 09-03-2006, 11:30 AM
SS Mini
2nd Gear
I had 2-3 colors in mind CR/W, DS/B, EB/W or B. Buying an 'experienced' mini I got my CR/W with the sports package. Great classic color combo and a great price!

Old 09-03-2006, 12:53 PM
erickvonzipper
6th Gear
The short answer is, 'with great difficulty.' =o)

I had so many changes of mind regarding the color my MINI was to be that I am surprised I actually ordered the car.

Originally, I wanted silver with a black roof, and then I saw one in person, and it left me kinda flat (it was blah).

After that I was considering both blacks, the dark blue (which wasn't as nice as an earlier dark blue, and the british (bavarian?) racing green. I also considered, although not as seriously, red and yellow. And then there were the roof combo choices. Oy gavult!

It finally boiled down to two factors: 1) I like 'low-key,' and 2) I had never had a black car and really wanted one. So jet black it was (and is).

Old 09-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Red Scooter
5th Gear
Well, I don't believe you could have made a BETTER CHOICE!

I never once swayed from CR/B. From pre-order to order and through order reivisions. And when Jake was delivered, it was even BETTER than I could have imagined. Even the "standard" bonnet stripes are PERFECT. He makes me smile!

Now, if I were to get ANOTHER MINI some of my favorite combos are:

HB/S (even though Silver is no longer available...or soon to be) Love the Checkmate U stripe for the bonnet.

PW/B - VERY classy looking! With bonnets and matching boots, of course.

I really love yellow but that wasn't an option. I still would have chosen Chili Red! I like the LY/Bs I've seen, esp. with race or checkered bonnets!

Old 09-03-2006, 05:39 PM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Having had a dark green minivan, then a jet black Jeep Wrangler, then the Dakar Yellow Z3... I knew I wanted a new color.... I was very much wanting the Orange but its not available in S hardtop... so then I was really liking the red/white combo... until I went to test drive... and fell in love with the HB/W on the lot. If I could have swung that sale the way I wanted I'd have that car now.. instead I ordered an identical one from a dif dealer.. so with the choices available for S coup I wen tiht the nice bright blue, with the Yellow Z I fell in love with "Fun" colors!

Old 09-03-2006, 05:54 PM
boolean_bones
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by thefuturequeenofnebraska
I looked at the color of nail polish on my toes... and said "a MINI would look good in that color!"

(wait I dont count do I?)
I think you do.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:24 PM
laurel
1st Gear
I thought I wanted Solar Red, but when I went to order, found out it wasn't available until late 05 or early 06. That was okay, because when I saw a CR/W in the showroom, that was it!! Never waffled after that.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Morris9982
4th Gear
Choosing colors was easy for me. I wanted an MC40 and they only come in one color combination.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:33 PM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
Originally Posted by boolean_bones
I think you do.
Thanks
How's Kirby?

Old 09-05-2006, 06:22 AM
HHFD633
4th Gear
chose my color based on price. i know it sounds petty but i chose chile red because i didnt have to pay extra... i wanted drk silver or blue..

Old 09-05-2006, 11:17 AM
StuandJoy
1st Gear
I really wanted black, the wife was torn between Space and Hyper blue. I really wanted black.

After test driving a black one she fell in love with it. We got Hyper blue.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:27 PM
miniGarfield
2nd Gear
no choice

Originally Posted by Boneman
I'm just curious because I changed my mind so many times. I quite liked a CR cabrio which I saw at my local club, but when I saw a BRG/S JCW there that's when I really got the fever . You know how when you get the bug for something you seem to notice it more and more - so as I started to see more and more BRG's it looked difficult to keep clean. I rented an AB/AB for a week before making my purchase decision at that stayed very clean despite morning fog and afternoon dust where I live so that's what I ordered. But that was only the beginning:impatient :impatient . I must have gone through AB to HB to CR three times before finally deciding on the CR/W that Polly is now (sitting quietly at the docks waiting patiently for a ride ), and am very happy with my choice . How about you folks?
I didn't have a choice, I adopted mine from the dealership.
But my boyfriend...he ordered his and he changed his mind so many times!
Maybe everyone goes thru that...If I had ordered, I probably had changed my mind a millions times as well...

Old 09-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
I picked solid PW/PW because white is the easiest to keep clean, its cooler in the heat than darker colors, (especially having a white roof) and anything goes with white. I can pick any color stripes/wheels and it will go with white. Also because my roof is the same as the body color i do not have to get inverted roof stripes.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Toowiley
2nd Gear
Got mine the day after Labor Day in 2002, only color--well only MINI--they had period....well unless I wanted to wait 10 months. But in retrospect I really like the electric blue and white color combo and doubt I'd switch if given the chance.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:43 PM
agranger
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I started wanting CR/W and quickly migrated to EB/W. I held that for a few months, then switched to wanting DS/B. That choice made it a few months until I saw a picture of a PW with the arches (and almost everything else painted) PW as well... I kept that choice for well over a year while waiting for finances to come into place and I knew it was the right choice for me! I'm still loving the color and figure that, should I get bored in a few years, I can always have vinyl fun in any color in the rainbow as I have a neutral base to start with.

Quick Reply: How did you choose your color?