1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you choose your color?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Jeremy1026
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
my color choice was simple...i bought used, and being as my budget was very tight, the BRG/W was the 1st MINI that was anywhere close to my price range

Old 10-14-2006, 06:34 AM
erickvonzipper
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's the thing about these cars. They look good in so many colors that it's hard to choose between them, when you do have a choice. I love the BRG/W combo. That was seriously considered when I was buying mine.

Old 10-14-2006, 06:47 AM
royal4mac
4th Gear
Being part of the "over 50" crowd, I still remember getting my tail kicked at autocrosses in the '70's by whatever Mini showed up. I had to go with a classic color and CR/W was it. I wouldn't let my wife get a convertible b/c it wasn't "classic" Also

I am a Buckeyes fan, so now I am color coordinated on Saturdays
It is the fastest color.
It is a classic Mini color.
With 3-4 coats of Zainos on it, it is gorgeous.

Go BUCKEYES

Old 10-14-2006, 09:12 AM
MedicMan55
3rd Gear
I chose BRG/W because its classic. I would never buy a green car, but since it has historical value, I made an exception.

Medic

Old 10-14-2006, 10:28 AM
MY4thMINI
6th Gear
no choice really

When i went in to the local Mini dealership in May 2006 to check out the trade in value on my then current car....
(a 2006 liquid yellow Cooper )
I was looking to get the cabrio...
at the time it was the only Cooper soft top non "s" they had in inventory.

it had all the options i wanted so i said i can live with Chili red

my trade in value was on the money so i said you got a deal

thus that is how i ended up with my current chili red

Old 10-14-2006, 11:10 AM
MINIBee
6th Gear
I chose Liquid Yellow because I read on NAM that it would give me a 20bhp gain.

OK, it's not a "physical" gain in horsepower but mentally it feels a lot faster.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:15 PM
jjbug
3rd Gear
I knew I didn't want gray or silver (too many of those on the road). Didn't want black (my husband has had several black vehicles). I don't like white cars (but, since getting active in the MINI world, I've seen several PW that look really great). I was selling my green Honda to get the MINI and I wanted a change. Yellow? No way! And, like someone else posted, I'm not a "red car person."

So, that basically left Hyper Blue, and Space Blue.....THAT was a tough decision! Decided on the HB/S.....and LOVE it!!

Old 10-14-2006, 08:55 PM
MINIBee
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jjbug
So, that basically left Hyper Blue, and Space Blue.....THAT was a tough decision! Decided on the HB/S.....and LOVE it!!
I love the silver roof! Just saw a few at the local dealership for the first time. Very nice look and not as common. Great choice!

Old 10-14-2006, 09:08 PM
ma78
Coordinator :: Super Secret Orange County MINI Cooper Club
My fist choice was always PW/B. I really had my heart set on it when I wen to the dealership to order it...and then I saw the HB/W. Wow. Everything changed at that point and I've been seeing blue ever sense.

Old 10-14-2006, 09:12 PM
AeroJammin
5th Gear
Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally, my wife and I were going for the Hot Orange, but we were afraid that we'd get over the orange after a few years so we went with the 2nd choice of Dark Silver! It was a close call between that and Chili Red, but I prefer the stealth look.

Old 10-15-2006, 07:08 AM
AggieMini
4th Gear
CR...it matched my fingernail polish.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:34 PM
PKAT
2nd Gear
I used the most fool proof and saftest method in picking out the color on the exterior.
My dear wife!
I would of prefered BRG/W, but she preferred PW/B. Both of us prefered the Cordoba Beige interior.

If she is happy, I am very happy.........

Old 10-23-2006, 05:15 PM
BECOKA
4th Gear
I would have been happy with just about any color. My dealer had 3 BRG cars, MC, MCS and MCSa. It looked great in all configurations. The other colors were so, so. Anyhow I picked BRG. I could have fallen for Astro Black with the Grey roof as well. Maybe next time around.

Old 10-24-2006, 11:22 AM
comport
2nd Gear
i went with the royal grey, silver roof, silver bonet stripes... i ordered about a month ago (and will hopefully be driving off the lot towards the end of next week)- i'll let you know how much i love it when it comes in. :D

Since i've started looking into minis, i've seen tons of red, green, dark silver, and pepper white... and a bit of blue- but i don't think i've ever seen royal grey on the road. i'm hoping that RG will stand out just a tiny bit more against other minis.

that, and my wife says it matches my hazel eyes. :D

Old 10-24-2006, 12:47 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
MINI number 1 was BRG, it just happened to catch our eye...

MINI number 2 we were torn between Indy Blue and CR, unfortunately IB was discontinued with the 2005 model year so it was ruled out...

The final decision was actually made on the floor of the assembly hall... We were on a tour of Plant Oxford and noticed two things. First we really liked the Hyper Blue, and second there weren't a lot of them going by on the assembly line at the time, so we decided on Hyper Blue.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:16 AM
chickencoop
2nd Gear
I just contacted my MINI dealer and told them to change my color from CR/W to HP/W. I was also considering BRG/W but i don't know. BRG seems very sophisticated and i'm not mature enough yet....maybe some day. The color i wanted since i first saw MINIs was Liquid Yellow, but i don't think they make 06 in LY. Do they?? Because i couldn't find that option on MINIUSA site. Is it hidden or something? Another thing that confused me was Longbeachmini.com has a new 06 MC in Liquid Yellow.
So i don't know if it is still available or not. If you ask them will they let you order LY? Thanks.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:21 AM
DOPAMINE
5th Gear
how did i choose my color?

i wanted a solid jet black 03 mcs. one day i drove past it and there it was in a dealer lot and that was that.

Old 10-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Max'sMomma
1st Gear
[quote=comport;1192687]i went with the royal grey, silver roof, silver bonet stripes... i ordered about a month ago (and will hopefully be driving off the lot towards the end of next week)- i'll let you know how much i love it when it comes in. :D

Since i've started looking into minis, i've seen tons of red, green, dark silver, and pepper white... and a bit of blue- but i don't think i've ever seen royal grey on the road. i'm hoping that RG will stand out just a tiny bit more against other minis.

Aaah HaaaH! Finally, someone else diggin the RG. I just picked mine up last Friday and had reservations, fell in love with it at first sight. It's a really nice color and not too metallic. I'm a brown, earthy tones kind of person, so this was my choice. You will love it. I think I'm the only one in my town.

Old 12-23-2006, 10:01 AM
lilcoopr
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by COOP310
They say geniuses pick green, so...

I picked Indi Blue! (and I love it!)
Hahahha!

I knew that I wanted a pink and black MINI for about 5 years now. I've wanted a MINI since I was 11 and when the BMW MINI debuted in 2002, I worked out a CR/checkered roof/mirrors because I thought I would be getting a Cooper classic for money reasons, even though my dream was an S, and red was my favourite out of the classic colours.

I saved for years and bought my MCS with my own money and got the AB. I love the metallic. I mean the JB has a nice gloss to it and it looks like a mirror but I love the way the metallic black looks against the pink and white bonnet stripes in the sun At first I was pretty torn as to what to do when they got rid of JB... But now I couldn't be happier. So there you go - that's her story. Although I almost got PW when I went to pick up my Stella... but I'm glad I didn't because black and pink is something I've wanted for years!

Old 12-23-2006, 04:43 PM
jim dewolf
Neutral
I was attracted to a mini for the performance and the nostagia of the design. " old british" ? that to me means BRG. I ordered BRD with a white top caps and stripes. The oem driving lights make the perfect modern throwback vichicle. I don't delieve I have seen an ugly color combination but BRG/W/W/W is perfect. I realize that the metallic isn't authentic BRG but it looks great. There are no ugly mini its just that the BRGs are prettier than the rest

Old 12-23-2006, 04:54 PM
mininutz
2nd Gear
I live in a very conservative town where SUVs, Pickups and squirrel-eating are the norm.

I was honestly concerned that some lunatic would take a key to my Electric Blue MINI (the color I really wanted) to show me a thang or two. To avoid annoying my conservative brethren, I picked a relatively conservative MINI color: BRG. Dark silver would probably have been an even more conservative choice, but I liked green better.

It's also hot here, so I picked white as the contrasting color to reflect the heat.

This was my exact thought process...

If you live in a warm place, I think that lighter colors will be easier on the paint...

Old 12-23-2006, 05:11 PM
JohnBLZ
5th Gear
I went w/ Chili Red honestly because I'm tired of blending in and having larger cars merge into me (I have a dark red car currently)...figured at least this way there's no way they couldn't claim to not see me

The fact I could use that $500 for a different color on LSD didn't hurt either!!

Old 12-23-2006, 05:42 PM
millerd2
3rd Gear
My wife initially wanted Pepper White but when we visited our local MINI dealer there was a dark silver MCS on the floor - she was a smitten kitten from that moment on. Suffice to say we've got a dark silver MCS with a black roof sitting in our garage.

Old 12-23-2006, 06:48 PM
iceckid
3rd Gear
At first I was torn and had intended on ordering royal grey/silver as per my wifes guideance. At the last moment I changed to SpaceBlue/Silver as I just never see any on the road. I love the contast and am happy. Ive seen one other (a checkmate) & silver just plain rocks.

That light green is very cool also. :-)

Old 12-23-2006, 07:04 PM
JustJAY
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used the game Twister

Quick Reply: How did you choose your color?