1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you choose your color?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Boneman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How did you choose your color?

I'm just curious because I changed my mind so many times. I quite liked a CR cabrio which I saw at my local club, but when I saw a BRG/S JCW there that's when I really got the fever . You know how when you get the bug for something you seem to notice it more and more - so as I started to see more and more BRG's it looked difficult to keep clean. I rented an AB/AB for a week before making my purchase decision at that stayed very clean despite morning fog and afternoon dust where I live so that's what I ordered. But that was only the beginning:impatient :impatient . I must have gone through AB to HB to CR three times before finally deciding on the CR/W that Polly is now (sitting quietly at the docks waiting patiently for a ride ), and am very happy with my choice . How about you folks?

Old 09-02-2006, 01:10 PM
indimini
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first mini it was an easy decision. I wanted Indi blue + white top and wheels. When I ordered the cabrio, the decision was much harder. On any given day, there was one color combination that I liked more than any other. The wife and daughter vetoed anything too dark (I was leaning toward dark silver or black + tan interior). I couldn't do HB becuase it was too close to IB. We have a red van, so the CR would have clashed. I ultimately decided to go with one of the two 'vert only colors and went with Cool Blue. A decision I don't regret.

Now if PW was available when I ordered, I would be driving a PW/B cabrio.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:15 PM
chows4us
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very simple

Sports cars only come in red, white, black (and sometimes yellow). That narrowed it way down

Traditonally MINIs are CR/W. No brainer ... all the other colors are mistakes Just think about all the colors MINI has tried and gotten rid of ... mistakes

Old 09-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Methman
3rd Gear
My college colors! SDSU

Old 09-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Since they eliminated all the good colors over the past couple of years, we settled on the one we disliked the least. Bavarian Racing Green. Make no mistake, it is NOT a real BRG. Someday, when Gromit needs a new paint-job, he'll get a real BRG.

Bring back the real sports/racing colors! Orange, Yellow, Red, Light Blue, BRG, and KILL those awful metallics!

Old 09-02-2006, 02:01 PM
machineguncharley
4th Gear
I don't really know...for some reason, Pepper White just really appeals to me. The first time I saw it on the lot, it was one of those "no time for deliberations, I've got to have that car" moments. And although the Mini Cooper is an incredible car mechanically, the color really sealed it for me. That's not to say that the other colors aren't great...most of them are.

Chuck

Old 09-02-2006, 02:09 PM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
I looked at the color of nail polish on my toes... and said "a MINI would look good in that color!"

(wait I dont count do I?)

Old 09-02-2006, 02:19 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
i have astro black becuse they took Jet black off the menu and AB was the next blackest thing.

I love black!

Old 09-02-2006, 03:17 PM
erikr
1st Gear
I chose cool blue for my mcsc. My final choices cool blue, and dark silver both with black bonnet stripes. I spent litteraly hours at the dealer looking back and forth between those colors. Dark silver was more sparkly but there was something about cool blue, it is a very moody. it also changes colors slightly in different lights from an groovy blue to a steel blue grey color. The final nail was the fact that I could get a body colored dash in cool blue and that looked FANTASTIC!

Old 09-02-2006, 03:24 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
I wanted Silk Green.

Discontinued.

I wanted Solid Gold.

Discontinued.

So I said to hell with it and got Pepper White, thinking it looked "sophisticated" and that I could maybe have it painted Silk Green in the future

Old 09-02-2006, 03:32 PM
BBmexican0725
1st Gear
Fave colors always been Blue so i got it HB
peace Mexi

Old 09-02-2006, 03:37 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
I liked silk green , electric blue, indie blue, hyper blue, CR and dark silver. EB was my first choice. Discontinued x 3. So... I started to order a HB/B, but ordered CR/B, then changed my order to DS/B the next day. Now I am thinking I should have gone DS/DS with JCW. ::smacking self on head::: what was I thinking? my DS/B MCS is still sitting in the body shop, waiting to come to her mama who will love her just the same. But, I think I will be voiding that warrenty with some after market mods!

Old 09-02-2006, 03:39 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Lucky for me, the total lexicon of MINI colors was somewhat more limited in '02 when I ordered. I decided, since there were few MINIs about, not to get a color that screamed, "look at me!" At the same time, I had been eyeing a classic Mini in blue. So, add all that up and I got......yup, an Indi Blue MINI. Again, I went w/ a classic look w/ a white roof. IB also looks great w/ all that chrome. As you can see, it was a composite decision.

My friends "see me" getting a CR/W MINI in '08 ....so here we go again!!

Old 09-02-2006, 03:45 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Pepper White/B the first time because it seemed to look good and I saved $450.00 with a non-metallic paint, BRG/S the second time because Downtown MINI had it on the showroom floor, it was an "S" had H/K, LSD, and without one of those awful Sun Roofs and other undesirable packages.

SOLD, right then and there, picked it up 3 weeks later when the insurance adjustor settled the first MINI.

Old 09-02-2006, 04:12 PM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Methman
My college colors! SDSU

Hey, Me too except I opted for DS

Old 09-02-2006, 04:14 PM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by climbergirl
then changed my order to DS/B the next day.
Great minds think alike.

Old 09-02-2006, 04:26 PM
MiniMaxx
5th Gear
Originally Posted by wikedgolf
i have astro black becuse they took Jet black off the menu and AB was the next blackest thing.

I love black!
Black is Beautiful, Baby!

Old 09-02-2006, 04:51 PM
MiniMaxx
5th Gear
My S was a PW/B......very classy and.... It wasn't enough, though, I needed a faster car so I got Red.....everyone knows a red car is faster!

Old 09-02-2006, 04:54 PM
katherine
4th Gear
Hyper Blue was a no brainer for me. If something comes in blue, I get in in blue. I'm a very blue kind of gal.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:07 PM
TwOMINIs
6th Gear
I walked in the show room, Saw my car and bought it. It had the right set of options....and my wife had just bought an Electric Blue one 2 wks prior ....and she wasnt interested in Mods.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:10 PM
TABASKO
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Since Chili Red was no extra charge, and the best looking color, and I was on a SERIOUS budget, it was easy for me.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:10 PM
homerwest
5th Gear
Basil the blue mini

I waffled a lot before placing the order, finally settling on cool blue with blue roof in my MCSC. The blue reminds me of the first car I had (66 Mustang GT), and I was afraid to get the cliche "red sports car" for my mid life crisis car (hoping Basil will arrive before my 50th birthday in a couple of months). I sitll like the hyper blue a lot, and the pepper white - is it too late to change colors?

Old 09-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Methman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by foomanchu
Hey, Me too except I opted for DS
Go Aztecs!

Too bad they lost last night...

Old 09-02-2006, 05:45 PM
COOP310
5th Gear
They say geniuses pick green, so...

I picked Indi Blue! (and I love it!)

Old 09-02-2006, 06:08 PM
doodlez
5th Gear
I picked AB because I think it has such a unique look and is a very "complex" color. Of course, I waivered through the entire MC color palette before coming back to AB for my final order. Even though I hadn't really considered it before deciding to order, I test drove a HB/S and almost jumped on the HB ship, but I just see so many of them around this area, I wanted to be different. MINIs just seem to look great in any combo, it's so hard to choose!

Quick Reply: How did you choose your color?