1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crevier MINI Dealership Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 08:55 AM
llcoyote
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crevier MINI Dealership Question

Does anyone have a good or bad experience in dealing with the new Mini sales department at Creiver Mini in Orange County, Ca?

Old 09-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Rick-Anderson
6th Gear
Talk to Kirk. He's the man.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:04 AM
homerwest
5th Gear
I only contacted them via internet, and faxed over a printout of my order. They were very slow to respond, but they do offer free loaners while your car is in for repair. I was negotiating away from the extra on top of MSRP when I got tired of waiting, and ordered from Irvine Mini. Irvine is also closer to my work and home than Santa Ana....

Old 09-21-2006, 11:49 AM
allenski
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very friendly staff. All smiles. I would have bought from them, but the their markup was just way too high for me. If buyers want the "Nordstrom experience" (you'll pay for it too ) in buying cars, then CREIVER is the way to go.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:31 PM
dbwilldo
Coordinator :: Southern California MINI Maniacs
I have had great luck with Crevier. Kirk or Christian will totally hook you up!

Old 09-21-2006, 12:36 PM
CooperSS
4th Gear
I've had nothing but good experiences there.
180 loaner BMW 3 series cars when you take yours in for service.

If you don't like the markup, just negotiate & be persistent. They will deal.

Bill

Old 09-21-2006, 01:09 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
I just know the Tech guys that work fo the BMW side.. but they are always good to me since i know the insiders

Old 09-21-2006, 07:12 PM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
They, (Crevier), would not come down on the mark-up when I went to them several months ago. Nice staff, but they informed me that they would sell all of their Mini's over MSRP so I had better act fast. Irvine Mini at first wouldn't toss the mark-up but finally did.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:14 PM
foomanchu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by homerwest
I only contacted them via internet, and faxed over a printout of my order. They were very slow to respond, but they do offer free loaners while your car is in for repair. I was negotiating away from the extra on top of MSRP when I got tired of waiting, and ordered from Irvine Mini. Irvine is also closer to my work and home than Santa Ana....
Homey,

Did you get your car yet and have you had any experience with Irvine regarding service or loaner cars? Also does Crevier give you a loaner even if you did not purchase your Mini from them?

Thanks

Old 09-21-2006, 07:31 PM
astrochex
6th Gear
I got my car at Crevier thru Kirk. He answered whatever questions I had and bent over backwards in some instances. I did pay a markup but I was able to get exactly the car I wanted so it was worth it, level of service as they say. I heartily recommend at least a visit to them.

He recently sent me a note recently that other commitments to MINI are taking him away from MA duties. So he directed my fufture inquiries to Hollie Parajeckas, Crevier's new MINI Internet Manager. I have not had to deal with their Service Department yet.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:19 PM
Lexster05
3rd Gear
I've had better experiences at Crevier than Irvine MINI. We bought our first two MINIs at Irvine MINI - this time around we went through Crevier with Dana Eastman - he da man since Captn Kirk has branched out. We're paying sticker price - no markup. Crevier is the #1 MINI dealership in SoCal in turns of volume. I did have some issues with their service..but trust me, they are a lot better than Irvine MINI service (at least they know a little more on what they're doing). The bestest thing about Crevier - free car loaner....Irvine MINI offers no free loaner (Enterprise rent a huge car is on their lot). I can also tell you that Crevier is one of the few dealerships in SoCal to organize MINI events - Irvine nada.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:32 PM
allenski
4th Gear
foomanchu, Irvine tossed their mark up? ....very good dealing them down. When I talked to them, they were sticking to their $500 mark up which was way significantly less than Creiver. But then again timing was everything when I tried to deal with Irvine (middle of the month, etc.).

With CREIVER, I talked them down a couple thousand from their mark up, but their final mark up was still too high for me...and Irvine's for that matter. Really nice guys though, and lots of MINIS to look at on the lot.

I would have loved to have bought from Irvine since I live closer to them.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:53 PM
homerwest
5th Gear
Originally Posted by foomanchu
Homey,

Did you get your car yet and have you had any experience with Irvine regarding service or loaner cars? Also does Crevier give you a loaner even if you did not purchase your Mini from them?

Thanks
Howdy,

Basil is still on the boat, expected in Port Hueneme on 10/10, so no experience with service. They do no have loaner cars for us lowly mini buyers (only for the bmw people). I don't know about Crevier and their loaner program. Might be worth checking into though.... A free ride is much better than bugging the mrs for a ride or renting something....

Old 09-25-2006, 09:54 PM
homerwest
5th Gear
Originally Posted by allenski
foomanchu, Irvine tossed their mark up? ....very good dealing them down. When I talked to them, they were sticking to their $500 mark up which was way significantly less than Creiver. But then again timing was everything when I tried to deal with Irvine (middle of the month, etc.).

With CREIVER, I talked them down a couple thousand from their mark up, but their final mark up was still too high for me...and Irvine's for that matter. Really nice guys though, and lots of MINIS to look at on the lot.

I would have loved to have bought from Irvine since I live closer to them.
Allenski - who did you buy from?

Old 09-25-2006, 10:15 PM
JDPepper
2nd Gear
Car Salesmen

I'm a idiot. I bought my car at Irvine Mini, so none of this applies to Crevier. Crevier did seem to be silly with the markups though...

So, even though it's a Mini dealership, you are still dealing with car salesmen. My car was ordered with options I didn't request. That hasn't turned out to be such a huge deal, but they sure weren't very apologetic about it. Also, they insisted they had to drill holes in my new bumper. And I had to show the guy how the cruise control worked.

My friend had a much worse experience with them, mostly due to complete unresponsiveness in resolving issues.

All in all, they did get me my car, but they sure didn't leave me with the warm, fuzzy feeling I wanted. I have since moved away and am about to have my first experience (10K service) at my local dealer. Anyone have any strong feelings about Northwest Mini?

Last edited by JDPepper; 09-26-2006 at 06:42 AM. Reason: I'm a idiot...
Old 09-25-2006, 11:06 PM
allenski
4th Gear
Allenski - who did you buy from?
I bought from Long Beach MINI. No haggling, bought at MSRP. Not as nice as the guys in CREIVER, but nice enough for me at the right price.

Old 09-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Lexster05
3rd Gear
Wait...Homerwest..how do you know the ship transferring your MINI is arriving 10/10? I think we're both production week 37...

I thought it took about 21-24 days from Southhampton to Port Hueneme.

Old 09-25-2006, 11:14 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I bought from Long Beach MINI. No haggling, bought at MSRP. Not as nice as the guys in CREIVER, but nice enough for me at the right price.
Interesting, allenski. I found the people at Long Beach MINI incredibly nice. I have purchased two MINIs from them and have enthusiastically recommended them to others since 2002, as my car-buying experiences were the absolute best ever! They have always sold at MSRP, too.

Old 09-25-2006, 11:22 PM
allenski
4th Gear
Thanks for the thumbs up miniclo. I like Long Beach's showroom better than CREIVER 'cramped' show room.

How's the maintenance/service at Long Beach MINI?

Old 09-25-2006, 11:35 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for the thumbs up miniclo. I like Long Beach's showroom better than CREIVER 'cramped' show room.

How's the maintenance/service at Long Beach MINI?
Before they split off the MINI service from BMW's service, it was inconsistent, and really not up to par. Since the MINI service department was separated, it is excellent. I have had very good service since they revamped.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:49 PM
homerwest
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Lexster05
Wait...Homerwest..how do you know the ship transferring your MINI is arriving 10/10? I think we're both production week 37...

I thought it took about 21-24 days from Southhampton to Port Hueneme.
Mostly guessing and piecing together other people's rumors on the week 37 support group. Left Southampton on 9/18 on the Pegasus Leader (according to askmini live person), and 22 days would be the 10th. Others in the 37 group on west coast say that they have been told that the ship would be in on the 10th of October. I might be adding 2 and 2 = C for all I know

Old 09-26-2006, 01:30 PM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Mostly guessing and piecing together other people's rumors on the week 37 support group. Left Southampton on 9/18 on the Pegasus Leader (according to askmini live person), and 22 days would be the 10th. Others in the 37 group on west coast say that they have been told that the ship would be in on the 10th of October. I might be adding 2 and 2 = C for all I know
Guys, this IS confirmed by my MA.. I'm week 37... riding aboard the Pegasus Leader due to arrive in PH on 10/10... tada..

Old 09-26-2006, 07:07 PM
Lexster05
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by eenieMini
Guys, this IS confirmed by my MA.. I'm week 37... riding aboard the Pegasus Leader due to arrive in PH on 10/10... tada..
Ooh..do you guys know when the Pegasus Leader will arrive at the Panama Canal??

Old 09-28-2006, 01:02 PM
jason430
1st Gear
Originally Posted by foomanchu
They, (Crevier), would not come down on the mark-up when I went to them several months ago. Nice staff, but they informed me that they would sell all of their Mini's over MSRP so I had better act fast. Irvine Mini at first wouldn't toss the mark-up but finally did.
I had the same problem with the ppl in Crevier, so i went to the mini dealership in LA (Nick Alexander Imports). I ordered my AB/B MCS with no mark up

Old 05-31-2007, 05:08 PM
mars_nerd
Neutral
After looking elsewhere, I drove 75 miles and just bought a used CPO '04 MC40 from Crevier MINI (Jim Forbes). Got an unbelievable deal. Bought a previous MINI from Alexander, and there simply is no comparison! Crevier's customer service is above top notch. That is actually an understatement. Customer service seems to be at the center of their culture, because it permeates throughout every department. It is not just lip service from Sales in order to "move a car". Teresa in the Parts dept. floored me with her knowledge and enthusiasm.

In my mind, there simply IS NO OTHER DEALER.........

Quick Reply: Crevier MINI Dealership Question