1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am placing ordrer tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 06:50 AM
clarkdr81
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CAP'N CRUNCH
I do not want to step on anybodies feet but I prefer a supercharger and I prefer the looks of the body and headlights in the 06.
Yea, you might wanna be careful, any statement of preference for the 06 MINIs can get your head ripped off around here... Even if you like the 07 or haven't made a final verdict on the 07 because you want to drive it first, you'll still get ripped if you even suggest that you'd rather have an 06...

Old 09-29-2006, 07:09 AM
Annewithane
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anthracite headliner. Are you getting it? Have you thought about it? Check other threads. Lots of people are kicking themselves over not getting it.

A/C. I didn't get the automatic climate control and I am glad I didn't. My husband's car has it and it drives me crazy. If I want it warmer, I don't want to think of what temp I want, I just want to turn a know for instantaneous gratification. But if you do decide to get it, you might as well get the Premium Package as it includes the HK and the MFSW, as well as the climate control. I think it works out cheaper that way.

Cupholder. Don't order it. As far as I have heard, everyone gets one free in the 2006 models.

Other add ons. Check eBay. You can get some items much cheaper there.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:27 AM
El_Jefe
6th Gear
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by clarkdr81
Yea, you might wanna be careful, any statement of preference for the 06 MINIs can get your head ripped off around here... Even if you like the 07 or haven't made a final verdict on the 07 because you want to drive it first, you'll still get ripped if you even suggest that you'd rather have an 06...
07's look cheaper

Old 09-29-2006, 08:56 AM
CAP'N CRUNCH
2nd Gear
I am going to delay ordering the car till next week. There are a few things like the wheels that I have to sort out yet.

I am off to take my teepee camping this weekend with my family and a bunch of friends. See you guys in a couple days.

Old 09-29-2006, 09:25 AM
mini_dreams
5th Gear
another vote for the anthracite headliner... i ordered it because many of the cars I test drove had it and I liked it alot. as long as you like a darker look.

Old 09-29-2006, 09:51 AM
eenieMini
5th Gear
The HK is not part of the premium package. PP does contain the Sunroof though.

Old 09-29-2006, 02:15 PM
COOPED UP
1st Gear
Ditto on the Auto AC. I just picked up my MCS 3 days ago and the auto ac is worth every penny. I test drove one without and the ac controls felt cheap and not precise as far as position detents. I found myself adjusting them alot to stay comfortable I.M.O. Hope that helps you. - "Cooped Up"

Old 10-02-2006, 05:43 PM
CAP'N CRUNCH
2nd Gear
It sounds like the strut tower reinforcement plates by M7 Tuning will solve the problem. They look much stronger than the JCW plates.

Old 10-02-2006, 06:02 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Cap'n, I love the auto a/c! I had the manual a/c in my first Cooper, but got all the goodies when I spec'd my 2003 MCS.

I have the PIAA rally lights, which are larger than the OEMs, and paid about $230 for them in a group buy here on NAM back in 2004, and $100 to an independent mechanic in Birmingham, AL for the installation when I was on a road trip. I'd suggest that you do a little research on various rally light options, checking out PIAAs, Hella, Cibas, etc., before ordering the OEMs.

The anthracite headliner was not available when I ordered Wanda, or I would have gotten that, for sure. It is very attractive.

It is my understanding that the cupholder is standard equipment in the US, so don't order one.

Have fun ordering...you are likely to change your mind several times (very normal), especially regarding color!

Old 10-02-2006, 07:22 PM
homerwest
5th Gear
Howdy Cap'n,

My Basil is still a few days from delivery, but my soon to be former SUV has auto climate control, and I love it. I liked it even more when we lived in Colorado in the winter. With the auto system, the fan doesn't start to blow in heating mode until the coolant is warmed up, so you avoid the blast of cold air. You do have to fiddle with it a bit at times, but I liked it enough to order it for Basil.

I'm going to have to look into that euro shelf....

Old 10-02-2006, 08:08 PM
CAP'N CRUNCH
2nd Gear
My GM SUV has auto AC as well and it is nothing short of miraculous. So I agree with you 100%. It was just the number of people that said the MINI unit did not work well that prompted my question.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:58 PM
CAP'N CRUNCH
2nd Gear
2007 2007 2007 2007 2007 2007 2007

I just put a deposit down on a 2007 MINI. Otto's said I could spec out the car in November and they will put in the order then. The price will be MSRP. Options wise it will be pretty close to the one I posted above. Now I have to wait and wait and wait and . . .

Old 10-09-2006, 05:35 PM
CAP'N CRUNCH
2nd Gear
Oh and just for the record, I think from the limited pictures of the 07 that I have seen, the 06 is better looking in the headlights but the 07 is better looking in the in the grill. The 06 is better looking with narrow black plastic trim but the 07 is sharper with it's higher waist and smaller windows. I could go on all day but I bet you get my perspective.

Overall as a newcomer and one who has loved the look of the MINI since 2002, I am happy they did not change the style of the car in any significant way. To me and to the general public, it is still small and retro in its general look. I am sure that was the BMW goal.

Where did everybody go? I switch over to the 07 and it gets so quiet in here now. Wow. . .thinking . . . it must be that when a new car comes out all the current owners get stopped thinking they no longer have the coolest thing! Well let me put in my $.02, you still have the coolest thing. No, I am not talking about a 06 or an 02 or even a 2011, I am talking about a MINI. Yea MINI, remember? They are one of the coolest karts on the road and most people just love them. Just the sight of a Cooper brings a smile to the other people at the stop light.

You guys, you guys . . . have fun.

Old 10-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Rawhyde
5th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CAP'N CRUNCH
Where did everybody go? I switch over to the 07 and it gets so quiet in here now. Wow. . .thinking . . . it must be that when a new car comes out all the current owners get stopped thinking they no longer have the coolest thing! Well let me put in my $.02, you still have the coolest thing. No, I am not talking about a 06 or an 02 or even a 2011, I am talking about a MINI. Yea MINI, remember? They are one of the coolest karts on the road and most people just love them. Just the sight of a Cooper brings a smile to the other people at the stop light.

You guys, you guys . . . have fun.
Dude, gimme a chance to drive home and eat supper before I hit the boards!

From what I've seen of the '07, there are some definate improvements, some definate non-improvements, and definately some questions.

Likes: Improved interior lighting, LEDs etc, Overhead Toggle Panel, tilt up rear sunroof (should reduce buffeting). Don't miss Comfort Access! True keyless operation. Sit down, mash the START button, shut up, and HOLD ON! (As long as the transmitter is in your pocket)

Dislikes: Those halogen headlights are beyond horrible looking. Go xenon or don't go at all. Even on the S, you have to make sure to order the "Sport Suspension"....

Questions: What is the power delivery like? Is it nice and linear like the current S, or is it peaky and jerky like the VW turbos and Honda S2000? Only a test drive will answer that one, and that'll determine whether I get another MINI or just keep rebuilding the one I have now. After driving the 335i Coupe, I've seen first hand that BMW can build a turbocharged engine that you'd never guess was turbocharged! (Please forgive my concerns here, I'm an old musclecar fan who swore regularly that I'd never ever buy a 4 cylinder. One drive in a JCW MINI cured that prejudice! Even still, I like seamless power delivery.)

Congrats on the new car. Make sure to post a really detailed review after it comes in!

Rawhyde

Old 10-09-2006, 06:11 PM
CAP'N CRUNCH
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Rawhyde
Dude, gimme a chance to drive home and eat supper before I hit the boards!

. . . Go xenon or don't go at all. . . .
I agree 100%.

Old 10-09-2006, 06:34 PM
pqw5uQ3r
2nd Gear
Congrats on ordering. I hope your wrong about the lack of response being about your ordering a 2007. But if it is, just remember this will be your Mini. If you love it that's enough. You will find plenty of folks to chat with once the 2007's roll out. I have seen pictures and videos of the 2007's and they look really sharp and more importantly, they still look like a Mini.

Old 10-09-2006, 06:36 PM
chopperace
2nd Gear
I was about to order my 06 this last week also until I started to read some better reviews of the new 07. I'm still not sure the 07 is the right choice. I am afraid the "new" MINI is going to loss some of its unique characteristics
that make it special. I like more power & torque, but hate....hate! the fake hood scoop. And the move to a more quite and comfortable MINI.

Old 10-09-2006, 06:38 PM
aiiee
3rd Gear
Wait a little while longer and you won't have to make up your mind

Old 10-09-2006, 06:54 PM
chopperace
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by aiiee
Wait a little while longer and you won't have to make up your mind
At least I can find many used ones......and maybe some good deals once the 07's come out.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:12 PM
CAP'N CRUNCH
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by chopperace
. . .I am afraid the "new" MINI is going to loss some of its unique characteristics that make it special . . .
Then get the 06, there is no wrong decision.

If your dealer is like mine you can order your 06, put down the $500.00 and decide if you want it when it comes in. BTW, that is straight from the mouth of my dealer.