1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got production number!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 06:25 PM
chickencoop
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got production number!!!!!

So i get a call today from LB MINI and they went over my specs and everything. Made some last minute decisions and finally...........They placed the order and gave me with a production number; if only i were able to drive that number!! But oh well. That is my MINI now....I'm going to tuck the little piece of paper i wrote it on every night before bed.
Just kidding, Im not but as you can see IM EXCITED.
I ordered on sept. 26 by the way.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CONGRATULATIONS! I'm happy for you. It must be a great feeling placing that order for your MINI. Makes me jealous! BTW, what did you order (MC or MCS, color, etc.)? Whatever you get I have no doubt that you'll love it! After all, it's a MINI!

Old 10-04-2006, 10:44 AM
allenski
4th Gear
Excellent! I picked up my new MINI at Long Beach last Saturday. They will treat you well when it's time to pick it up.

One suggestion on tracking your MINI, the Owner's Lounge will help you know where it's at in the production, but it's not very detailed. The MA's can give you more details by calling and asking them.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:48 AM
chickencoop
2nd Gear
Hi, i got a Chili Red with white roof MCS, premium pkg and aux input. I didn't want to go overboard with everything because this is my first new car i ever buy, plus i barely got out of high school like a year ago so college is another issue, but im fine with just the premium. Plus i was originally going to go for the MC but my mom told me i should just go ahead and spend a little more for the S. And moms are always right

So you are waiting for 2008 eh? I wouldn't be able to wait that long:impatient
But im sure it'll pay off.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:49 AM
chickencoop
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by allenski
Excellent! I picked up my new MINI at Long Beach last Saturday. They will treat you well when it's time to pick it up.

One suggestion on tracking your MINI, the Owner's Lounge will help you know where it's at in the production, but it's not very detailed. The MA's can give you more details by calling and asking them.
Yeah, i noticed that the info. is still wrong in the owners lounge, but ive been reading on the forums about it so ill wait a while for it to correct itself.
When did you place your order?

Old 10-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
Originally Posted by chickencoop
Hi, i got a Chili Red with white roof MCS, premium pkg and aux input. I didn't want to go overboard with everything because this is my first new car i ever buy, plus i barely got out of high school like a year ago so college is another issue, but im fine with just the premium. Plus i was originally going to go for the MC but my mom told me i should just go ahead and spend a little more for the S. And moms are always right

So you are waiting for 2008 eh? I wouldn't be able to wait that long:impatient
But im sure it'll pay off.

I see you opted for the classic look (CR/W). You sir, have excellent taste! I'm sure your new MCS will do you proudly. You always remember your 1st car and if that car happens to be a MINI, well then it will be a very happy milestone in your life. Enjoy it!

As for me... I'm just marking time waiting for a 2008 R56. The way I figure it, the 2008 R56 should have any early production bugs worked out by that time. In the meantime, I hope that the wait doesn't kill me. :impatient I wish that I could have gotten a 2006 R53 MCS but right now finances don't allow for such a move so I'll try to be patient and wait for 2008.

On the plus side, I got plenty of time to decide on color, options, etc. but I'm definitely sure that it will be a Cooper S model. Till then I'll just keep repeating my daily mantra, "Your day will come!"

Old 10-04-2006, 11:16 AM
allenski
4th Gear
edit: When did you place your order?
place order - last week of July
production number - first week in August
picked up MINI at dealer - last Saturday, Oct.1

Old 10-04-2006, 11:17 AM
homerwest
5th Gear
Excellent, Chickencoop! There are quite a few of us OC Mini owners (or soon to be owners) out here! Congrats!

Old 10-04-2006, 11:39 AM
chickencoop
2nd Gear
Yeah, the CR/W is cool, i was going to go with black top and black stripes so that it could look tougher, but i went with the white because i prefer that color combo.

allenski: hopefully i get it within the time frame that you got it. If i did the math right, it was like 2 months since production #. So my MA was right, has anyone heard of their MINI being ready a bit earlier than the estimated time?

Old 10-04-2006, 11:42 AM
allenski
4th Gear
has anyone heard of their MINI being ready a bit earlier than the estimated time? I know that was what you were hoping for....

Old 10-04-2006, 11:42 AM
chickencoop
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by homerwest
Excellent, Chickencoop! There are quite a few of us OC Mini owners (or soon to be owners) out here! Congrats!
Man!! That is such a cool color! How did you get it. It isn't on the MINIUSA website.
Is it a special edition or something?

Old 10-04-2006, 01:26 PM
crazypoet
2nd Gear
Congratulations!

I remember getting my production number, and being able to set up my account in the Owner's Lounge as the first indication that my years of waiting were over...

Have fun! Enjoy the process of tracking your new baby as it transitions from idea into reality...

Old 10-04-2006, 05:45 PM
tc4653
4th Gear
You should definitely be pumped, but be careful.
I tracked an incorrect Production number (as given by my MA) and was then given an incorrect VIN by ASKMINI (not a cabrio). This was only caught when my MA gave me conflicting information (versus ASKMINI) on the shipment status. My MA finally came back with the correct information, I had been tracking the incorrect car for 6 weeks. It arrives in the US tonight and should be in my driveway in less than 10 days.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:41 PM
chickencoop
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tc4653
You should definitely be pumped, but be careful.
I tracked an incorrect Production number (as given by my MA) and was then given an incorrect VIN by ASKMINI (not a cabrio). This was only caught when my MA gave me conflicting information (versus ASKMINI) on the shipment status. My MA finally came back with the correct information, I had been tracking the incorrect car for 6 weeks. It arrives in the US tonight and should be in my driveway in less than 10 days.
I'll keep that in mind. Congrats on your newborn.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:40 AM
tc4653
4th Gear
Originally Posted by chickencoop
I'll keep that in mind. Congrats on your newborn.
Spoke to my MA this morning, he said my prod # and VIN changed due to the fact that the original was damaged during manufacturing and had to be destroyed! So the one I am receiving now, was it's late arrival twin. Kind of freaky! Silver Bean is schedule to be on his lot next week and I will pick up on Friday.

Old 10-05-2006, 11:32 AM
chickencoop
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tc4653
Spoke to my MA this morning, he said my prod # and VIN changed due to the fact that the original was damaged during manufacturing and had to be destroyed! So the one I am receiving now, was it's late arrival twin. Kind of freaky! Silver Bean is schedule to be on his lot next week and I will pick up on Friday.
that sucks......miscarriage
At least the new one will come out good, hopefully.