1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Servicing MINI?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 08:27 AM
miniYJ
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Servicing MINI?

Wasn't sure where to post this, but here it is anyway.
I am planning to go look at a MINI sitting in a used car lot. While I have been thinking of going to test drive it I started to wonder where can you actually get the MINI serviced? Can you take it to a BMW dealership since they make the care or do you have to go to a MINI dealer? Just wondering, since I don't really know alot about them yet.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:57 AM
enologuy
2nd Gear
Since you have not listed where you live it is hard to say. Out here in California, you cannot take a MINI to any BMW dealership for maintenance/warranty issues. You have to take it to a certified MINI dealer. These are often associated with a BMW dealership but not always. I have to drive almost 150 miles for servicing at a MINI authorized BMW dealer/service center.
However, if it is outside the warranty, take it to someone who is familiar with and has experience with the MINI.
Hope this helps...a little.

Cheers, Doug.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:59 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by enologuy
Since you have not listed where you live it is hard to say. Out here in California, you cannot take a MINI to any BMW dealership for maintenance/warranty issues. You have to take it to a certified MINI dealer. These are often associated with a BMW dealership but not always. I have to drive almost 150 miles for servicing at a MINI authorized BMW dealer/service center.
However, if it is outside the warranty, take it to someone who is familiar with and has experience with the MINI.
Hope this helps...a little.

Cheers, Doug.
+1

Old 12-14-2006, 08:42 AM
miniYJ
Neutral
I was kind of assuming that would be the case. The closet MINI dealer to me is about an hour away. Not as bad as your 150 miles drive to get serviced, but still is an inconvenience when it does need it. I am actually gong to contact the dealership to see if there is any other place closer to have it serviced.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:56 AM
ChrisW
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniYJ
I was kind of assuming that would be the case. The closet MINI dealer to me is about an hour away. Not as bad as your 150 miles drive to get serviced, but still is an inconvenience when it does need it. I am actually gong to contact the dealership to see if there is any other place closer to have it serviced.
Good luck with that. But mini wont cover it. sorry