1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Now or 2007 and wait

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:56 PM
glangford
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with lava (Greg). Almost all reviews of the new R56 mini I have found are positive (from magazines and people who have actually driven them), in terms of build quality, performance, style etc. Occasionaly you'll get a review complaining about loss of character with the R56, but even that is said while complimenting the attributes of the new Mini. BMW obviously decided a long time ago, they wanted to evolve the Mini and from what I read they succeeded. Not to say the previous version isn't nice as well, I've driven a few and love them as well, it was just time to move on. If they hadn't 5 years from now people would be complaining about a stagnant brand that was behind the times technologically. BMW injected some needed technology and refined the model, I hope they keep it up, so when my R56 I've ordered is old, I'll have a new model to look forward to all over again. Thanks BMW!!

Old 12-31-2006, 01:10 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well that's really cool, designer. I know we've got lots of different opinions around NAM (especially since only a few of us have actually seen an '07) but if it were me...based on the additional info I've seen since this thread started...I'd definitely get an '07. The '06s are great, but the improvements (big and small) on the '07 would just be too hard to pass up. Besides, I bought my early '03 not just because it was no-risk-rock-solid-sure-thing (which it has been...great warranty to back that up) but because I had to motor in a MINI. Yup, it was about love....and the best automotive money I've ever spent (that would include the Spitfire).

Old 12-31-2006, 05:24 PM
lava
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A Spitfire! Wow. Well, I might as well reveal that my first foray into sports cars was an italian job. A 76 Fiat X19, bright yellow, with a black Starsky stripe! Egad! But it was a blast to drive. I suffered through a bunch of other uninspired cars until I got an Acura Integra which has been a great car, but I'm looking forward to fun driving in the Mini.

Old 01-01-2007, 05:01 AM
ZIG
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good choice designerMINI, I went to my dealer in September thinking the 2007 model would be on sale then. That was dissapointing when it wasn't available until Feb., but after driving the 06, which is a great car, and fortunately there was a lot of info available on the R56, I too decided to wait and get the new model, with the engine being the major deciding factor to wait.

Happy New Year and welcome to NAM.

SS/B COOPER