1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting into a MINI Soon...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 03:27 PM
PhysicsGeek
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting into a MINI Soon...

Hey Hey,

I'm looking to get into a '05 or '06 Mini in the near future. My daily driver is getting up there and worn out. It is a '97 Ford Probe GTS and served me well. Plus I got the okay from the Wife, much to my suprise.

I test drove a MCS last friday and it was a blast, even though the roads were a little damp. Many of my Cobra Replica buddies have a MCS as a daily driver, so I had to give it look.

I'm currently looking for a low miles '05, '06 Hyper Blue MCS. I have a few leads, but still looking around. Looking for option packs #1,2,3, chrono, LSD, blue dash, convience package, rear fog (easy install later). I've also seen a few checkmate's out there that are pretty nice, although I'm not sure about that interior.

Quick ? for you guys, is it worth finding a MCS with a LSD, or not that big of deal?

Hope to find what I'm looking for soon.

Later and see you around,

Joe

Old 12-27-2006, 03:51 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hello Joe -

I looked around for over a year before finding my '04 MCS in Indi Blue. I was originally trying to find an '05-'06 in either Hyper Blue or Space Blue with most of the options you listed. I didn't want the chrono, navigation, or the rain sensing wipers, but everything else was a go for me.

I really wanted an LSD, but it seems cars equipped with the LSD are even harder to find. I'm not sure about you, but I certainly had a hard time finding any decent MCS's in either Hyper Blue or Space Blue - let along one with LSD or all the other options I wanted. In all honesty, I dont think I really *need* the LSD since I won't be auto crossing it or anything like that. I came from a 4x4/Jeep backgrond, so the LSD was just more 'cool factor' to me than anything. So I kept my eyes open for Minis that came close to what I wanted...

I finally came across an '04 on craigslist.org that had almost every option I wanted (except cold weather pkg., and LSD - not avail. in '04). The car was in such great shape, was in my price range, and meticulously maintained...so I just had to buy it despite it not having the lower ratio '05-newer gearbox.

I hope you find a car with all the options you want! Maybe w/ the '07s arriving soon, you'll have better luck finding exactly what you want. I made a compromise w/ my '04, but I love it nonetheless!

Old 12-27-2006, 04:00 PM
ChrisW
6th Gear
I just got an 05 a few weeks ago i had to look around for 3 months to find everything i wanted at a price i liked. I didn't get the LSD but i wish i would have but the nice thing is you can always add it later.

Old 12-27-2006, 04:17 PM
jeffc
7th Gear
I must have test drove and looked at 10 MC and MCS before buying mine. Just be patient when looking and flexible on all of the options you want.

Good luck and welcome to NAM.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:53 AM
R56MCS
Banned
I'd be less concerned over the LSD than the other options you want. As mentioned above LSD can be added afterwards (but will cost). The MCS can be a little twictchy under full power from slow speeds. An LSD may also help if you drive in snow a lot.

Welcome to NAM by the way!

Old 12-29-2006, 02:07 AM
dix
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM. Good luck on finding your perfect MINI.