1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to MINI

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 03:25 PM
EmThree
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to MINI

Hello everyone, im new to the forums, and currently shopping for a Mini Cooper S to replace my M3 due to my job closing down and big changes coming.

The Mini is really the only car i can find that seems to have the Fun Factor of the M3 though they are really different, cars they both have a bit of BMWness that i love. Especially where handling comes into play.
After driving a few cars in my price range (GTI, Mazda Speed, and the Mini: the Mini is the only car that has the feel im looking for.

After searcing this forum for the past week im hoping to find alot of the answers im looking for.

One quick beginner question of course. What are the best Mini aftermarket online stores?!

Great forum! Hopin to soon be a CR owner.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:41 PM
royal4mac
4th Gear
You will find answers to ALL your questions right here.

I don't believe there is any one aftermarket store that everyone will agree is the best. Depends on what you are looking for. Stripes, chrome, wheels, audio, etc.

Have fun!!

Old 01-13-2007, 04:37 PM
designerMINI
5th Gear
Originally Posted by EmThree
they both have a bit of BMWness that i love. Especially where handling comes into play.
Welcome tot he of MINI -- I think you've got that a bit backwards --- stay here long enough and you will realize the the BMWs have a bit MINI in them especially he handling.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:04 PM
EmThree
1st Gear
Thanks

Some more quetions as im still shopping.

1. Where is the switch to turn on driving lights? They didnt have any at the dealer, but i want a set.

2. Limited slip. Good idea for this car?

3. Is English Leather seats retrofittable, and if so what kind of cost is it?

4. Aftermarket Chrome interior trim. They didnt have this either and will do it at a cost, but i see there are alot of kits out there alot cheaper. Is the original chrome better than most aftermarket kits or not?

Any answers are surely appreciated.

Old 01-14-2007, 06:39 AM
R56MCS
Banned
The driving lights com eon with main beam headlights so there is no separate switch.

LSD, yes if you intend to drive it hard or in the snow a lot.

Seats could be changed but it would be expensive.

I have the factory chrome trim so don't have experience of the aftermarket kits.

Welcome to NAM!

Old 01-14-2007, 07:06 AM
javelina1
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EmThree
Hello everyone, im new to the forums, and currently shopping for a Mini Cooper S to replace my M3 due to my job closing down and big changes coming.

The Mini is really the only car i can find that seems to have the Fun Factor of the M3 though they are really different, cars they both have a bit of BMWness that i love. Especially where handling comes into play.
After driving a few cars in my price range (GTI, Mazda Speed, and the Mini: the Mini is the only car that has the feel im looking for.

After searcing this forum for the past week im hoping to find alot of the answers im looking for.

One quick beginner question of course. What are the best Mini aftermarket online stores?!

Great forum! Hopin to soon be a CR owner.
after I bought my car, I couldn't believe the amount of mod's out there. Where do you begin????

welcome!

Old 01-14-2007, 11:59 PM
EmThree
1st Gear
Originally Posted by javelina1
after I bought my car, I couldn't believe the amount of mod's out there. Where do you begin????

welcome!

Yes, but the good news is they are so much cheaper than my M3 so there will be less waiting for each new mod.

Old 01-15-2007, 06:43 AM
machineguncharley
4th Gear
Welcome EmThree...you're really going to like this forum!

Chuck