1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Countryman Photos

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 03:23 PM
metroman68
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by makaveliks
They are not OEM. I think they are OEM size though. I don't remember the OEM tires... They are 205/55/R17 Michelin Primacy Alpin. They grip much better in the snow. And we left them on all summer. There not too bad on dry pavement, and seem very good on gravel/dirt, wet pavement and even after 15k miles on them they do not show much wear.
I have run flats OEM Bridgestone H/P Duelers on my new 2013. First snow, almost killed myself! Wanted some feedback from others...Mini should be held responsible for how they are outfitting these tires on new country mans sold with the ALL4 option in the Midwest. Thanks.

Old 12-21-2013, 03:36 PM
makaveliks
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by metroman68
I have run flats OEM Bridgestone H/P Duelers on my new 2013. First snow, almost killed myself! Wanted some feedback from others...Mini should be held responsible for how they are outfitting these tires on new country mans sold with the ALL4 option in the Midwest. Thanks.

Well OEM are all season.... All season do ok in everything, but don't excel at anything. The Michelin tires on mine are "winter tires" with a snowflake on the sidewall... From my experience compared to the OEM tires they do great in winter all around, probably similar or a little worse in summer on dry pavement, great in wet weather, and great on gravel/dirt. We were planning to take them off for summer, but they did so good on any loose surface we kept them on and were very surprised by how little wear they showed after the summer.

We have Blizzaks on another Mini Roadster S, and they seem to do a tiny bit better than the Michelins in winter, but on any pavement they are noticably worse handling than even the OEM all seasons. In my opinion for ultimate winter ONLY tire, Blizzaks win. But if you want something you won't need to change the Michelins are where it's at.

Last edited by makaveliks; 12-21-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:43 AM
MY4thMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dgator39
nice 4th MINI.. considering that type of color scheme for me next time. Tell us more about the LED lights in those front scoops.....
http://www.outmotoring.com/led-drivi...t-r60-r61.html

Dealer wired them in to be always on driving lights ... I love the way they look

Old 12-23-2013, 06:34 AM
Brian Mangold
1st Gear
little snow action in the all 4

Attached Thumbnails Countryman Photos-imgsnow.jpg  
Old 12-23-2013, 06:35 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,873 Posts
Nice shot ! I re-posted the pic for you so its easier to see.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 12-23-2013, 07:45 AM
metroman68
1st Gear
Well OEM are all season.... All season do ok in everything, but don't excel at anything. The Michelin tires on mine are "winter tires" with a snowflake on the sidewall... From my experience compared to the OEM tires they do great in winter all around, probably similar or a little worse in summer on dry pavement, great in wet weather, and great on gravel/dirt. We were planning to take them off for summer, but they did so good on any loose surface we kept them on and were very surprised by how little wear they showed after the summer. We have Blizzaks on another Mini Roadster S, and they seem to do a tiny bit better than the Michelins in winter, but on any pavement they are noticably worse handling than even the OEM all seasons. In my opinion for ultimate winter ONLY tire, Blizzaks win. But if you want something you won't need to change the Michelins are where it's at.
that's just my issue...the OEM run flat Bridgestone duelers not only don't excel at anything but are down right dangerous. My issue with Mini of NA is how they can sell a ALL4 countryman with a summer only tire (not to used below 32 degrees) to a Midwest buyer who is obviously going to experience some snow conditions. As far as I'm concerned , entirely unacceptable.

Old 12-24-2013, 06:08 AM
makaveliks
2nd Gear
that's just my issue...the OEM run flat Bridgestone duelers not only don't excel at anything but are down right dangerous. My issue with Mini of NA is how they can sell a ALL4 countryman with a summer only tire (not to used below 32 degrees) to a Midwest buyer who is obviously going to experience some snow conditions. As far as I'm concerned , entirely unacceptable.
Well any tire is dangerous in these conditions... Even the ones which I say are great. Just some others geared more specifically to snow are a bit better. No vehicle comes with snow tires. Even my 4x4 pickup came from the factory with all seasons that required 4WD just to drive up a slope in wet grass. Obviously I said these are junk and replaced them too with better tires for the conditions I would be driving in. Now I rarely need 4WD when driving it.

It's not the dealers responsibility to ensure the tires will suit your needs. That's why they put on All seasons. Not exceptionally great, but CAN do everything. This way they will be acceptable and suitable for most vehicle buyers needs. They'll be better in snow than actual summer tires, better off road than highway tires, and still ok on the highway.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:37 AM
metroman68
1st Gear
Well any tire is dangerous in these conditions... Even the ones which I say are great. Just some others geared more specifically to snow are a bit better. No vehicle comes with snow tires. Even my 4x4 pickup came from the factory with all seasons that required 4WD just to drive up a slope in wet grass. Obviously I said these are junk and replaced them too with better tires for the conditions I would be driving in. Now I rarely need 4WD when driving it. It's not the dealers responsibility to ensure the tires will suit your needs. That's why they put on All seasons. Not exceptionally great, but CAN do everything. This way they will be acceptable and suitable for most vehicle buyers needs. They'll be better in snow than actual summer tires, better off road than highway tires, and still ok on the highway.
the duelers are NOT rated as all season, that is my point. If they had put on an "all season tire" that basically performed poorly I wouldn't be upset but they sell cars with a one season only tire (sport or non sport), so basically they are telling me when I drive off the lot to park my car for 6 months and don't drive it! That is unacceptable since there are several other "all-season" run flats on the market that perform adequately not exceptional year round. This is mini's responsibility to its customer as far as I'm concerned. I have written a letter to mini, let's we what they say about this.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:02 AM
VRRUUMM
2nd Gear
the duelers are NOT rated as all season, that is my point. If they had put on an "all season tire" that basically performed poorly I wouldn't be upset but they sell cars with a one season only tire (sport or non sport), so basically they are telling me when I drive off the lot to park my car for 6 months and don't drive it! That is unacceptable since there are several other "all-season" run flats on the market that perform adequately not exceptional year round. This is mini's responsibility to its customer as far as I'm concerned. I have written a letter to mini, let's we what they say about this.
Did you not look at the tires when you purchased the vehicle? Did you order it that way or purchase off the lot? I was under the impression it was your responsibility to determine your specific needs when purchasing a vehicle.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:06 AM
jessicaledw
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Metroman86, I hate to break it to you but all season tires are a free option on the MINI. I'm sure that if you had spoken with your dealership when you bought the car about swapping the tires for all seasons they would have been happy to do that for you. If you haven't put too many miles on yours, you might try calling them to see if they would be willing to do a swap or give you a discount on winter tires or all seasons. Some of us prefer the summer tires because they perform so well in warmer weather and in wet conditions and have dedicated snow tires to handle the snow and ice. Good luck this winter and don't forget to post some pics of your Countryman!

Old 12-24-2013, 11:35 AM
makaveliks
2nd Gear
O I get it, you got high performance summer tires on yours... Sorry... I got mine at Motorwerks MINI in Minneapolis and they sell them all with all season tires. I assumed those were the tires you were talking about. I didn't even realize Mini sold them with other tires and assumed those were the tires that came on S models unless you got one of the optional wheel choices. They even sell the hardtops and other models with all seasons too. I'd have to check, but I'm 99% sure all seasons came on my Roadster too... I know they said they did so I never actually checked and they also said they only order all S's(regardless of model) with cold weather package as well because most people order it anyway.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:56 PM
metroman68
1st Gear
O I get it, you got high performance summer tires on yours... Sorry... I got mine at Motorwerks MINI in Minneapolis and they sell them all with all season tires. I assumed those were the tires you were talking about. I didn't even realize Mini sold them with other tires and assumed those were the tires that came on S models unless you got one of the optional wheel choices. They even sell the hardtops and other models with all seasons too. I'd have to check, but I'm 99% sure all seasons came on my Roadster too... I know they said they did so I never actually checked and they also said they only order all S's(regardless of model) with cold weather package as well because most people order it anyway.
TY! Now u got what I've been saying. I mean really, I hv an ALL4 with the cold weather package, I did get the sport option but the 18" rims could have better outfitted for the Midwest. I'm not sure thats exactly my fault! My salesperson never mentioned anything and why exactly would I need to look up the technical specs of a tire prior to a purchase? All Im saying is that Mini should make sure they provide a reasonable all season tire on vehicles that are intending on being used on 4 season climates. That should not be my concern!!! As I said earlier, I almost killed myself!! The Bridgestone are not to used in freezing temps! it's not like there aren't other options out there...

Old 12-24-2013, 07:18 PM
makaveliks
2nd Gear
Well you got the sport option for bigger wheels... Ours still has the 17's that come on an S. I would expect those to come with high performance tires. Also I know I asked about the tires before I get any car because I was wondering if I would need snow tires and they said they all have all season tires unless we get the larger wheels or JCW wheels and then we could choose the tires for them because we are paying for them anyways.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:57 AM
sbdubya
3rd Gear
Isn't this the Countryman Photos thread?? What's up with all the tire talk?
You can always start a new thread (just saying).

Old 12-29-2013, 11:01 AM
packimocity
2nd Gear

2014 Countryman All4, "Wexford"

Attached Thumbnails Countryman Photos-wexford1-small.jpg   Countryman Photos-wexford2-small.jpg  
Old 12-29-2013, 01:41 PM
FiremanMike
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
With all due respect...are you kidding me? Mini is at fault because you did not check the type of tires your All4 came with? Where a vehicle is sold is not an issue, how many do you think make the snow bird trip each winter? This is why Tire Rack sells winter wheel/tire packages, I had rims and Blizzaks for my 02S for years. My All4 , from Naperville, came with Conti all seasons as OEM, they are to be replaced this spring as they are worn out. You, as owner, buyer and operator are the responsible party.
Mike

Old 12-30-2013, 12:23 PM
metroman68
1st Gear
Originally Posted by FiremanMike
With all due respect...are you kidding me? Mini is at fault because you did not check the type of tires your All4 came with? Where a vehicle is sold is not an issue, how many do you think make the snow bird trip each winter? This is why Tire Rack sells winter wheel/tire packages, I had rims and Blizzaks for my 02S for years. My All4 , from Naperville, came with Conti all seasons as OEM, they are to be replaced this spring as they are worn out. You, as owner, buyer and operator are the responsible party. Mike
sorry, u r incorrect. Not my responsibility. All mini all4 cold weather package cars sold to buyers in the Midwest, sport option or not, should be equipped with ALL SEASON tires. I think what everyone is missing in my issue is the car is equipped with a one season tire and there are such as yours, all season equipped options. I never asked for a snow season tire. I'm not stupid, I understand that if we live in the Midwest and in severe winter conditions a snow tire is warranted. What I'm upset about is the fact that the dealer did not inform us of the single season only OEM Bridgestone duelers on our mini that could not be used in temperatures below 32 degrees!. Let me put it another way, if what you and some others say is correct, that mini is somehow not responsible, then the vehicle I purchased theoretically cannot be driven off the lot or sold between Nov-Mar or so and if I did drive off and got injured, there would be a lawsuit in play. I happened to be involved in the purchase of this vehicle, however it is my wife's car. No sexist comment her, but let's face it I don't think my wife if she was solely involved in the purchase was going to look up tire specs before purchasing a car. Come on! Mini or the dealer will be taking care of this, I assure you.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:16 PM
pidge1114
Banned
sorry, u r incorrect. Not my responsibility. All mini all4 cold weather package cars sold to buyers in the Midwest, sport option or not, should be equipped with ALL SEASON tires. I think what everyone is missing in my issue is the car is equipped with a one season tire and there are such as yours, all season equipped options. I never asked for a snow season tire. I'm not stupid, I understand that if we live in the Midwest and in severe winter conditions a snow tire is warranted. What I'm upset about is the fact that the dealer did not inform us of the single season only OEM Bridgestone duelers on our mini that could not be used in temperatures below 32 degrees!. Let me put it another way, if what you and some others say is correct, that mini is somehow not responsible, then the vehicle I purchased theoretically cannot be driven off the lot or sold between Nov-Mar or so and if I did drive off and got injured, there would be a lawsuit in play. I happened to be involved in the purchase of this vehicle, however it is my wife's car. No sexist comment her, but let's face it I don't think my wife if she was solely involved in the purchase was going to look up tire specs before purchasing a car. Come on! Mini or the dealer will be taking care of this, I assure you.
I'm pretty sure you're going to have a hard time convincing Mini corporate or the dealer to make good on this after your sale. Many have made their dealer switch out the tires prior to taking delivery. Your argument is valid but after driving off the lot is going to be your problem.

Do yourself a favor and sell the wheel/tire set together and buy a new set off of Tire Rack...price difference will be small, and you won't have to deal with Mini.

This really should have been worked out prior - you're obviously aware of the difference in tires, so that concern should have been there at the time of purchase.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:28 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by sbdubya
Isn't this the Countryman Photos thread?? What's up with all the tire talk?
You can always start a new thread (just saying).
+1 - this is for things you did to or with your mini. There is a whole really cool section on tires and wheels.

Last edited by MIminiclubman; 12-30-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:15 AM
Danooch
1st Gear
My new 2014 CM All4 I up this past weekend.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Danooch; 01-02-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:45 PM
xenor
4th Gear
I like the black/white contrast. Good stuff! I smell a dechroming and black beltline in your future. hehe

Old 12-31-2013, 03:06 PM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
Really nice! Good pics. (I also enjoyed all the tire talk!)

Old 12-31-2013, 03:59 PM
PureWorks
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice looking Mini!

Old 01-01-2014, 07:35 AM
Danooch
1st Gear
Thanks for the compliments! I will have to post pictures of my new mini with my wife's 2012 red CM all4. I liked hers so much I had to get my own. I only wish I could have gotten the rear bucket seats like hers. I had the rear buckets on a previous Mercedes and I really liked it. @ xenor possible dechroming and black belt line in the future. However, I will keep it as is for now because I like how the chrome body trim compliments the wheels.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Danooch
1st Gear
Talking His and hers mini countryman

Here is some additional photos of my 2014 light white CM along side my wife's 2012 red CM

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: R60 Countryman Photos