1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Countryman Photos

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 03:25 PM
markbriggs1
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KiwiRob
Now that's a super looking CM, just needs to be lowered like all CM do.
+1

Old 06-08-2011, 08:04 PM
itsmeagain
1st Gear
Originally Posted by critterz
Thanks, Its the stealth CM, almost impossible to really catch the silver color in a photo!
How come the front seat cushions do not match the rear? The front has the pleats on the thigh part and the rear has the pleats on the butt part. Is all the Countryman with lounge leather like that?

Old 06-08-2011, 10:15 PM
critterz
2nd Gear
The pleats on the front seat are the thicker thigh pads, you really sink into the front seats, they fit like a glove... the rear seats are alot flatter, still pretty comfy, though! guess they would be too tall if they were as thick as the front seats.

The lounge leather seats were literally my deciding factor, there were 2 all4s to choose from, basically the same price....I kept sitting in the one with the regular seats (and lots more gadgets!) then going back to this one, my picky back really appreciated the extra cushion and the lumbar support the basic seats didn't have.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:36 PM
itsmeagain
1st Gear
Originally Posted by critterz
The pleats on the front seat are the thicker thigh pads, you really sink into the front seats, they fit like a glove... the rear seats are alot flatter, still pretty comfy, though! guess they would be too tall if they were as thick as the front seats.

The lounge leather seats were literally my deciding factor, there were 2 all4s to choose from, basically the same price....I kept sitting in the one with the regular seats (and lots more gadgets!) then going back to this one, my picky back really appreciated the extra cushion and the lumbar support the basic seats didn't have.
I like the lounge leather seats and I understand the difference between the thicker thigh support on the front seats vs. the others; but that is not a reason to put pleats on the front thigh support area and not on the back. I just find it odd that the seats look like they came from two different cars. I see no reason why they could not have put pleats on the thigh support on the rears or put pleats on the butt part on the front. The amount or density of foam under the leather cover does not dictate smooth or pleated leather on the surface

Old 06-09-2011, 05:20 AM
Koopah
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Photo Request...

I've searched the photos in this thread to try to find a Cooper Countryman (non-S) with the driving lamps in either black or chrome and have not found one. We'll be ordering a 2012 and would like to see how the lights look against the silver horizontal grille bars.

TIA,

Theo

Old 06-09-2011, 06:11 AM
andre2p
Neutral
opinions needed

Hello:

I test drove an All4 and really liked it. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find an automatic in our area that has the features we want. I know I can order but ... well I rather buy one sooner than later ... Anyway, I found this one that has white wheels, and I just don't know if I can live with that. What do you guys think of this combo? Thanks!

AC

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...2891038943.jpg

Old 06-09-2011, 07:28 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LC and white is ok but I really like LC w/ brm and the standard wheels. If I lived in the southern part of the US I would go for it, but up north no way.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by andre2p
What do you guys think of this combo? Thanks!
Well, it would not be my first choice. But, if you don't have problems with people teasing you now and you are secure in your identity - it may work.

Honestly, it's a good color, but the white wheels are the question. I thought I liked them, until I saw them in person. Take a couple of days to really consider it.

Sealy - Who will tell you up front that a Pure Orange person may not give the best advice on colors.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:54 AM
days-like-this
4th Gear
Paint the wheels or pick up another set! If it has everything you want go for it! Ask the dealer for a discount in order to take the wheels

Old 06-09-2011, 09:12 AM
critterz
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by itsmeagain
but that is not a reason to put pleats on the front thigh support area and not on the back.....
now you're getting into dangerous territory trying to make sense out of any aspect of the design of a MINI.

i think its just besause the edges are too narrow for pleats in the back and it would look too plain if it were flat all the way across. Or then again maybe someone put the template on backwards and no one noticed till they had made thousands of seats

Old 06-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Miniblue2
4th Gear
I bet you could talk the dealer into painting the wheels. They may look great matching the body color, but ever black or anthracite will hid a lot of brake dust and road grime. It's not cosmic blue, but, I do like the combo.

Bill

Old 06-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Flyer53
5th Gear
New NE Eng. 19" Wheels…Gunmetal thru Fastmini look Super
Thanks to Dan Mach V/Fastmini for all there support. Wheels came packaged and wrapped like a glass chandelier. Quality is Great… Mount them to Continentals Conti Contac3 235/40/19's Only (4) to choose from..Either these or the Pirelli's. Picture in my gallery…more to come later Everything from the 17" Tunnels Spokes..lugs/center caps all transferred over no problem…no spacers…nuttin!

Old 06-09-2011, 11:57 AM
MINIATURIZE
2nd Gear
Hello:

I test drove an All4 and really liked it. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find an automatic in our area that has the features we want. I know I can order but ... well I rather buy one sooner than later ... Anyway, I found this one that has white wheels, and I just don't know if I can live with that. What do you guys think of this combo? Thanks!

AC

IMHO, the white wheels tie in great with the white top & bonnet stripes!
Go ahead & ask your MA/SM to consider swapping the wheels for what you would rather have. I don't see why it would be a problem to close the deal.
BTW, what wheels do you like better for this CM-S? curious.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:02 PM
andre2p
Neutral
Originally Posted by MINIATURIZE
IMHO, the white wheels tie in great with the white top & bonnet stripes!
Go ahead & ask your MA/SM to consider swapping the wheels for what you would rather have. I don't see why it would be a problem to close the deal.
Thanks everybody for the opinions. I actually asked the MA to swap the wheels but that was a no go. They actually kind of grow on you after a while.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:48 PM
BMW13
2nd Gear
You will regret getting white because you literally will have to clean them every day. I can't keep silver wheels looking clean and will order black when I place an order. Even if I loved white the cleaning would keep me from ever pulling the trigger.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:45 PM
AWD_Rally

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
I like the white.

It's what you're going to live with... So if you don't mind a bit more attention in cleaning the wheels, then go for it.

When I finally sell me car and get a countryman, I'm going to get white wheels, but a aftermarket brand.

Edit: I have gold wheels (STI owner), those are a pain too, they show everything too. I don't mind it because I like it... And it looks like the rally car

Old 06-09-2011, 08:45 PM
bradrulz
3rd Gear
Hello:

AC

I have the Light Coffee with white bonnet stripes and roof, but I have the silver turbo fan wheels. I personally don't think I could live with the white wheels.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:44 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
See if you can get the dealer to swap out the wheels. Someone would want them for their CM . They just don't belong with LC.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:07 AM
KiwiRob
4th Gear
Hello:

AC

I could not live with the wheels, it would always make me doubt my purchase, so if you don't like them ask the dealer to swap them or don't buy the car. White wheels are hideous, I can't understand why MINI allows people to build combos which aren't tasteful, I could imagine anyone specking them, although there is someone in my town with a yellow and white CM, makes me cringe everythime I see it.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:14 AM
KiwiRob
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Flyer53
New NE Eng. 19" Wheels…Gunmetal thru Fastmini look Super
Thanks to Dan Mach V/Fastmini for all there support. Wheels came packaged and wrapped like a glass chandelier. Quality is Great… Mount them to Continentals Conti Contac3 235/40/19's Only (4) to choose from..Either these or the Pirelli's. Picture in my gallery…more to come later Everything from the 17" Tunnels Spokes..lugs/center caps all transferred over no problem…no spacers…nuttin!
everyone needs a set of these, best looking wheel (besides a BBS CH) that I could imagine putting on a MINI, next year when my bonus comes around I'm ordering. Or maybe for Christmas. Much better than any pimping white wheel.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:21 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
everyone needs a set of these, best looking wheel (besides a BBS CH) that I could imagine putting on a MINI, next year when my bonus comes around I'm ordering. Or maybe for Christmas. Much better than any pimping white wheel.
You forgot to add the IMHO.

Sealy - Who's quite happy and staying with the 18" anthracites.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:29 AM
KiwiRob
4th Gear
You got me there, must admit I was pretty happy with my 18's until I saw these, they are amazing looking, with a 2 inch drop it would really make the CM look pretty special.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:13 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
. . . with a 2 inch drop it would really make the CM look pretty special.
What's with you upside down people wanting to drop things?

Sealy - Who thinks I'd look pretty special with a 2 inch drop, as well.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:21 AM
Flyer53
5th Gear
Thanks guys…I think I'm going to hold off on the drop
Waiting for VIP to release the exhaust for the CM.
Still trying to get the interior buttoned up…coat the calibers, then exhaust..back bumper protector, roof rack…wait to hear about the long lost cradle and that's it for the summer…Money Tree…starting to wilt..

Old 06-10-2011, 05:47 AM
days-like-this
4th Gear
Koopah: Here you go non S Countryman with chrome driving lamps and chrome grill...saw this image somewhere on the internet (not mine). Hope this helps

Countryman Photos-new_image_1.jpg

Originally Posted by Koopah
I've searched the photos in this thread to try to find a Cooper Countryman (non-S) with the driving lamps in either black or chrome and have not found one. We'll be ordering a 2012 and would like to see how the lights look against the silver horizontal grille bars.

TIA,

Theo

Quick Reply: R60 Countryman Photos