1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Connected/Nav: Audio,Video,Telephony

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Cosmic Blue Conspiracy
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get up to everything until you click "Send". I get a "Send" box, but the only option is email. There is no car option. Tried both with Firefox and Chrome.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:31 AM
cyberwoozle
3rd Gear
this is what the dialog looks like after I click on "more"

Old 03-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Cosmic Blue Conspiracy
2nd Gear
Weird. Mine literally just has "Email" as the only option.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:34 AM
cyberwoozle
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Sealy
One answer from me. If it is set up like most BMWs - when the nice lady is telling you where to go, turn up the volume (while she is talking). This should correct it and become the default.
Sealy, thank you so much for pointing this out. I was going NUTS with the nice lady whispering to me until I remembered you had posted this.

It really needs to be on the list of things the MA should tell you when they go through the in-car demo.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Cosmic Blue Conspiracy
2nd Gear
Okay. A Google search yielded the answer. You can only do this from a search result in Google Maps. Once you save a destination, the only option available is "Email."

Old 03-06-2011, 02:50 PM
RS11
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GeoffreyM
Try this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymLQR8sYfqQ

I dis my countryman and my wifes Clubbie. Makes a world of difference. You just need to make sure you have the torx bits(looks like six pointed sun).

Oh, and the plug that goes into the mic is VERY snug. As long as you pull the plug, not the wires directly out it'll come out. It's just difficult.
The panel on the inside of my CM doesn't come off any where as easily as in the video. I stopped trying to remove it for fear of breaking something. How hard is it to pull the panel off?

Old 03-06-2011, 02:52 PM
RS11
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Cosmic Blue Conspiracy
Okay. A Google search yielded the answer. You can only do this from a search result in Google Maps. Once you save a destination, the only option available is "Email."
I can send to car from Google on my PC, but not on my iPhone or iPad. If I click on the little bubble there is an option labeled "more" where I can click send to car.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:20 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[QUOTE=RS11;3229002]The panel on the inside of my CM doesn't come off any where as easily as in the video. I stopped trying to remove it for fear of breaking something. How hard is it to pull the panel off?[/

It'll pop off without breaking anything so long as you pry at the edge. Just put a putty knife or butter knife under the edge and give it a little muscle. As long as you dont get it further than about 1/4" under the cover you'll be fine.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:52 PM
jmdor
4th Gear
Has anyone tried using an ipod to get music to the mini while using an iPhone through bluetooth? I'm planning on a strategy of leaving an ipod nano in the center rail for music....

Old 03-07-2011, 09:02 AM
asindc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jmdor
Has anyone tried using an ipod to get music to the mini while using an iPhone through bluetooth? I'm planning on a strategy of leaving an ipod nano in the center rail for music....
That's exactly what I'm considering, or better yet, having all the iPhone functions operate through MINI Connected while the iPod is doing its thing in the same system. That would be very nice if it could be done.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:21 AM
arrested_cloud
2nd Gear
@RS11 or @GeoffreyM

As shown in the owners manual, I thought there were microphones on both sides but apparently there is only one and that can be moved. Is that accurate??

I do not want to mess with the trim unless i really have to.

Thanks.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:39 AM
cyberwoozle
3rd Gear
MINI posts YouTube video ad for Connected

as seen elsewhere, MINI have posted a YouTube video that shows some of the details of Connected.

What is MINI Connected?

I grabbed a still from about 3/4 of the way through:

which clearly shows Mission Control, but avoids talking about it, and then goes on to demo Dynamic Music - which doesn't appear to be included in my Week 3 build car...

(also, love the dark speedo surround of the JCW package!)

Last edited by cyberwoozle; 03-07-2011 at 09:39 AM. Reason: fixed URL
Old 03-07-2011, 10:24 AM
lindseybp
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Both Mission Control and Dynamic Music are coming this summer.

At the end of the video there is a website: www.minispace.com/connected

If you read that article it references these two items are coming "Summer 2011". The ** below references the bottom of the webpage which says coming Summer 2011.

Vehicle Interaction: Coming this summer the Mission Control** module will give you the ability to interact directly with your car. Your MINI will let you know outside air temperatures, or give you a friendly reminder to fasten your seatbelt and other situation-dependent messages. You can finally give your MINI the character and personality you always knew it had with options like, a choice of language versions and driving modes.

Music: MINI Connected can also use your iPhone to stream webradio stations from anywhere in the world - utilizing the familiar controls of the MINI audio system - giving you a prime opportunity to get acquainted with the four pre-programmed MINI Sounds Webradio stations. You can download the app and use it for webradio even if you don't have a MINI. US drivers will be able to customize their favorite Pandora* stations by directly controling the Pandora iPhone app. This summer you'll be able to rock out with an innovative new feature called Dynamic Music**. Taking the audio interactivity of MINI Connected one step further: specialized songs will allow the music coming out of your car stereo to respond directly to your driving style, so you can mix your own soundtrack as you drive. Step on it to kick up the BPM, or relax your driving style to hear more chilled-out beats.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:57 AM
OregonMountainMan
2nd Gear
will be nice to have the other features this summer

Old 03-07-2011, 11:00 AM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
As they say in the islands.....Soon come mon.

Along with the iphone 4 cradle, the software upgrade to fix the window issue etc. etc.

I am hoping that the releases become more frequent as Connected ends up on more Mini vehicles.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:38 AM
lindseybp
5th Gear
Speaking of Iphone 4 I was just at my dealer Saturday and the parts guy told me that they have started to get the Iphone 4 cradles in. The only problem is that they get them in very small batches, he said only 4-5 at a time and they are gone super fast. He was nice enough to order one for me so as soon as the next batch comes in I will have one. This was the first person in parts that told me they were even available.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:47 AM
cyberwoozle
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by lindseybp
Both Mission Control and Dynamic Music are coming this summer.
thanks for the awesome summary, I really should have looked up the site before I got all whiny.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:01 PM
lindseybp
5th Gear
Originally Posted by cyberwoozle
thanks for the awesome summary, I really should have looked up the site before I got all whiny.
It's all good! I'm just pumped that we will be getting it.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:21 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Originally Posted by arrested_cloud
@RS11 or @GeoffreyM

As shown in the owners manual, I thought there were microphones on both sides but apparently there is only one and that can be moved. Is that accurate??

I do not want to mess with the trim unless i really have to.

Thanks.
There is most definitely only one mic. It does make a world of difference if you move it and it only takes about 5 minutes if you have enough wire. If not it's about 10-15 minutes. I think it is a worthy investment of time. It makes voice commands work almost every time and the BT phone interface sounds much better.

Her is the thread with details:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...icrophone.html

Last edited by GeoffreyM; 03-07-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:32 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Originally Posted by lindseybp
Speaking of Iphone 4 I was just at my dealer Saturday and the parts guy told me that they have started to get the Iphone 4 cradles in. The only problem is that they get them in very small batches, he said only 4-5 at a time and they are gone super fast. He was nice enough to order one for me so as soon as the next batch comes in I will have one. This was the first person in parts that told me they were even available.
I called my parts Dept today and was told that only the Music only or Contacts Only ones are available, not the one that does everything. What the f***!! We're gonna be on iPhone5.1 by the time this silly cradle comes out to complete the Connected system I was suckered into buying in two months ago!! It's like Apple holding back features, but we never got the first set of feature to begin with! Y-Cable that isn't long enough to do ANYTHING!!?! Cradle that doesn't exist?!?! I love my car, but the $1250 I spent on electronics that don't work is making me hate MINI(BMW).

Old 03-07-2011, 06:01 PM
RS11
2nd Gear
[QUOTE=GeoffreyM;3229079]
Originally Posted by RS11
The panel on the inside of my CM doesn't come off any where as easily as in the video. I stopped trying to remove it for fear of breaking something. How hard is it to pull the panel off?[/

It'll pop off without breaking anything so long as you pry at the edge. Just put a putty knife or butter knife under the edge and give it a little muscle. As long as you dont get it further than about 1/4" under the cover you'll be fine.
You were right. It came off with a little help. I did not have enough wire to just push the connector through the panel. I have to remove the 2 torque screws to remove the panel and shift the wire over. Even then, it only took about 10 minutes.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:05 PM
RS11
2nd Gear
I called my parts Dept today and was told that only the Music only or Contacts Only ones are available, not the one that does everything. What the f***!! We're gonna be on iPhone5.1 by the time this silly cradle comes out to complete the Connected system I was suckered into buying in two months ago!! It's like Apple holding back features, but we never got the first set of feature to begin with! Y-Cable that isn't long enough to do ANYTHING!!?! Cradle that doesn't exist?!?! I love my car, but the $1250 I spent on electronics that don't work is making me hate MINI(BMW).
I have to say that I think I might like the cable better. I just attach it to the phone and leave it in the rail. If I had the adapter I wouldn't be able to use my case. The armrest for the CM about what the dealer soaked me to install the armrest in my 05 MCS and this armrest is better quality.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:49 PM
mini_z
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Cosmic Blue Conspiracy
Anyone having trouble with their Y cable constantly disconnecting from their iPhone? It seems loose, although not. Possibly a flakey cable, but wanted to see if others have the issue.
My itouch keeps disconnecting every time I hit a bump on the road.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:59 AM
lindseybp
5th Gear
Wait a minute so there are three different iphone 4 snap in adapters? one for music, one for contacts and one for both?

Old 03-08-2011, 11:07 AM
RS11
2nd Gear
What does the snap-in adapter do that the Y-cable doesn't?

Quick Reply: R60 Connected/Nav: Audio,Video,Telephony