R60 Connected/Nav: Audio,Video,Telephony

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 12:05 PM
cgingras
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyberwoozle
I grabbed a still from about 3/4 of the way through:

which clearly shows Mission Control, but avoids talking about it, and then goes on to demo Dynamic Music - which doesn't appear to be included in my Week 3 build car...
I don't see the PlugIn option with MINI Connected and an iPhone 4 (with the right Y cable). I have a Canadian MINI. Is this normal?

Christian

Old 03-08-2011, 04:11 PM
cyberwoozle
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by cgingras
I don't see the PlugIn option with MINI Connected and an iPhone 4 (with the right Y cable). I have a Canadian MINI. Is this normal?

Christian
um. it's right at the bottom of the scroll list - you don't even have to have Connected up and running on the iPhone, it should just appear.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:21 PM
cgingras
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cyberwoozle
um. it's right at the bottom of the scroll list - you don't even have to have Connected up and running on the iPhone, it should just appear.
Don't see it. Do you think it's possible it's not available yet in Canada?

Old 03-09-2011, 09:04 AM
pimmy
1st Gear
Mission control and dynamic music will come with an iphone app update.
This update will come in the summer...
http://www.minispace.com/en_us/artic...d/456/?eid=456

Old 03-09-2011, 10:09 AM
cgingras
1st Gear
Originally Posted by pimmy
Mission control and dynamic music will come with an iphone app update.
This update will come in the summer...
http://www.minispace.com/en_us/artic...d/456/?eid=456
I know Mission Control and Dynamic Music will be coming this summer in an update.

But what about the PlugIn option (last one in the menu)? Since it doesn't have a MINI Connected icon in front of the name, I'm thinking it should be there anyway. And I don't see it on my screen, that's why I asked. Thank you.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:22 PM
cyberwoozle
3rd Gear
But what about the PlugIn option (last one in the menu)? Since it doesn't have a MINI Connected icon in front of the name, I'm thinking it should be there anyway. And I don't see it on my screen, that's why I asked. Thank you.
"Plugin" should be there. can you take a picture of the connected submenu and post it?

also, when was your Countryman delivered? I will try to look up the software version in my car later today and post it.

is there anyone else Motoring in Canada with Connected?

Old 03-09-2011, 02:29 PM
cgingras
1st Gear
My Clubman was delivered a week ago, on March 1st. I'll go in and take a picture of the screen and post it here. Where can I get the software version?

I admit that even though I'm a pretty geeky guy, all this confusion about what's supposed to be there and what's supposed to work is killing me. The options and option packages are so different from one country to another that it's very difficult to get concise and clear information on anything MINI-related...

Thanks for your help.

Christian

Old 03-09-2011, 03:08 PM
cgingras
1st Gear
Here's the picture. One other thing: I don't see a USB port in the small storage compartment over the glove box on the passenger side. Is this where it's supposed to be? If I don't see it there, how will I be able to do my software updates for the car's software?

Attached Thumbnails Connected/Nav: Audio,Video,Telephony-noplugin.jpg  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:58 AM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I ordered my cradle for my iphone4 today. I am supposed to have it by the end of the week or early next. $225 plus tax(uuuuggghhhh)! Here's the parts numbers, I'm not sure why the hell they are offering anything other than the last one.

Basic: Only charges. Part-number: 84212199389
Music: Only players music (no cover art support). Part-number: 84212199390
Media: Shows coverart and plays video. Part-number: 84212199392

I of course ordered the last one.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Aneurotic
1st Gear
Here's the picture. One other thing: I don't see a USB port in the small storage compartment over the glove box on the passenger side. Is this where it's supposed to be? If I don't see it there, how will I be able to do my software updates for the car's software?

I have the USB connection in the glove compartment it is pretty much dead center towards the top. BTW, if anyone is interested there is enough power out of the port to charge devices. If you are using connected though, turn off any USB storage mode on your device, it will conflict with your iPod.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:36 AM
asindc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GeoffreyM
I ordered my cradle for my iphone4 today. I am supposed to have it by the end of the week or early next. $225 plus tax(uuuuggghhhh)! Here's the parts numbers, I'm not sure why the hell they are offering anything other than the last one.

Did you order it through your MA or some other way?

Old 03-15-2011, 12:49 PM
lindseybp
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GeoffreyM

So there are three different iphone 4 cradles? I wonder which one the parts guy ordered for me last week.....

Old 03-15-2011, 06:21 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I never go through my MA. I go straight to my BMW parts dept.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Ted U
1st Gear
I am just using the Apple USB charger cord and a cupholder mount for my iPhone 4. Since I need to switch back and forth from Pandora, Connected, and text messages, it works best for me.

No. I don't have video, but I have cover art, it charges, and it's convenient. It's also $20 instead of over $200.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:57 AM
Nimrandir
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Ted U
I am just using the Apple USB charger cord and a cupholder mount for my iPhone 4. Since I need to switch back and forth from Pandora, Connected, and text messages, it works best for me.

No. I don't have video, but I have cover art, it charges, and it's convenient. It's also $20 instead of over $200.
So u have the full bluetooth optional?

Old 03-16-2011, 02:25 AM
Ted U
1st Gear
Bluetooth for Phone Only, not audio.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:40 AM
docfink
2nd Gear
Question Text messages?!

Hey Ted,
How do I read text messages through the connected screen?

Old 03-16-2011, 06:11 AM
lindseybp
5th Gear
Originally Posted by docfink
Hey Ted,
How do I read text messages through the connected screen?
You can do that?

Old 03-16-2011, 07:40 AM
asindc
2nd Gear
Here is some information about the USB interface and its use with mp3 players and mobile phones. It is more than a year old, but probably still relevant.: http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=14

Old 03-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Ted U
1st Gear
Sorry for the confusion. I can't read the texts thru connected, but I have my iPhone in a convenient viewing position so I can easily switch back and forth thru apps if needed. It's a PITA to have to open the armrest to view the iPhone screen if needed.

Unfortunately there is no Pandora and Connected integration so both apps can be opened at the same time.

I can't wait until I can actually use the Office function to view texts, email, etc. We need a software update!

Old 03-17-2011, 10:24 AM
punkrockdoc
2nd Gear
Has anyone else had any issues with displaying artwork from an iPod or iPhone? It doesn't seem to work for every album. Sometimes I get a picture, sometimes I get a black box, sometimes I get nothing. I thought it might be due to some picture resolutions not being supported, but I have tracks that I bought from iTunes that work and some that don't. Any ideas?

Old 03-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Ted U
1st Gear
Very few of my cover art graphics from iPhone 4 don't show right away...eventually do. It's likely transfer rate dependent. I haven't had any not show at all (if they are available on iTunes/iPhone). All of the Pandora cover art seems to be working fine.

I did have to reload my Connected and Pandora apps after my 4.3 OS upgrade...

Last edited by Ted U; 03-17-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: addendum
Old 03-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Nimrandir
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by punkrockdoc
Has anyone else had any issues with displaying artwork from an iPod or iPhone? It doesn't seem to work for every album. Sometimes I get a picture, sometimes I get a black box, sometimes I get nothing. I thought it might be due to some picture resolutions not being supported, but I have tracks that I bought from iTunes that work and some that don't. Any ideas?
i've no artwork :( and the "623" audio/video cable :(

Old 03-19-2011, 09:55 AM
punkrockdoc
2nd Gear
So it took me a week, but I figured out that the "Plugin" oprion will allow to access the iPod out feature that iOs 4 supports. In other words, you get the exact iPod menu system on the car's LCD screen (prior to this, I was accessing my iPod by using the external devices option, which has a much more cumbersome menu system). However, the resolution using the IPod out feature is TERRIBLE compared to the external device menu syste
. Anyone else notice this?

Old 03-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Popcult
1st Gear
They mystery of why the display shows some cover art but not others is driving me crazy. I don't think it's a transfer rate problem. As an experiment, I tried overwriting an album's art with lower-rez versions in iTunes but this album still wouldn't show up on the car display. The only pattern I've seen is that albums that have been on my iPad for a long time appear on the display just fine while newly added music's artwork does not. This is probably a software bug that I'm pessimistically saying will never be addressed in any future system software update.

Very few of my cover art graphics from iPhone 4 don't show right away...eventually do. It's likely transfer rate dependent. I haven't had any not show at all (if they are available on iTunes/iPhone). All of the Pandora cover art seems to be working fine.

Quick Reply: R60 Connected/Nav: Audio,Video,Telephony