Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Sealy
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MaybeMCSC
But regardless, the process has begun!
Congratulations! That pic reminds me of the opening to an old TV show - - -

More powerful than a locomotive, it's Super Orange!

Now you can go hang out in the weekly support groups.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:33 PM
MaybeMCSC
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sealy
Congratulations! That pic reminds me of the opening to an old TV show - - -

More powerful than a locomotive, it's Super Orange!

Able to leap small Juke's in a single bound!

Old 02-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Sealy
6th Gear
Able to leap small Juke's in a single bound!
Faster than a speeding juicer.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:59 PM
PDM-DC
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered a Pure Red car without seeing one in person first, and was...uh...surprised at how orange it was. I'd hoped for something closer to Chili Red. At first I was disappointed, but once I started thinking of the car as just being orange I got over it. As oranges go, it's very nice.

As for body/roof, I went with red/white with black leather and red (orange) color line, and really like the look.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:37 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PDM-DC
. . . but once I started thinking of the car as just being orange . . .
Just orange? No Pure Orange is just orange - it's the motorized condensation of sunshine and joy! It's good to see that you are embracing your inner orangeness.

Thanks for joining in! (Any pics?)

Old 02-03-2011, 11:54 AM
PDM-DC
2nd Gear
Just orange? No Pure Orange is just orange - it's the motorized condensation of sunshine and joy! It's good to see that you are embracing your inner orangeness.

Thanks for joining in! (Any pics?)
Here are some that aren't great. The blue R56 was a 2007 that has since gone to another good home.

Attached Thumbnails Pure Orange Support Group-countryman-front.jpg   Pure Orange Support Group-countryman-rear.jpg  
Old 02-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Sealy
6th Gear
Ooooh, nice. We'll be doing PO and white as well. Did not realize you were local - I'm working with Vinnie at Passport. Won't be long.

Enjoy!

Old 02-03-2011, 07:00 PM
days-like-this
4th Gear
Smile pure orange with silver stripes & white roof

My local dealer has a Pure Orange on the showroom floor...I liked the silver vinyl stripes on it they just added. Link to pic here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58840307@N03/5393497188/

Old 02-04-2011, 03:33 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
Doesn't look bad - goes with the silver in the grill. But, I'm not so sure with the white top. I'm also getting a little iffy on the center stripe. I don't want standard ('cause I'm a nonstandard kind of guy) and I know why it's split the way it is (can't put flat vinyl on a hump), but I need to see one in person. Luckily, I have time to ponder all these decisions.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:53 PM
MaybeMCSC
4th Gear
I was at the dealership today, and saw some of the more traditional reds on new and used MINIs - and perhaps I'm simply starting to drink my own kool-aid, but I'm thinking that I'm going to like the Pure Red more than these! They're perfectly nice reds, but... they aren't Pure Red!

Anyone else finding this?

Old 02-06-2011, 05:24 AM
FiremanMike
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
We have had our PR/PO? All4 since early December now, all I can say is we love the color! It is all lighting driven, depending upon natural or artificial light it does indeed change from Red to Orange. I feel that if you want to be MINI, be seen, and the Red/Orange will cause you to be seen!
The pix is of the 1st meeting of our All4 and my 02 S yesterday. The temp was warm enough for the 02 to come out of the garage for a meet & greet & sniff, then back under cover.

Attached Thumbnails Pure Orange Support Group-just-a-sniff-800x600-.jpg  
Old 02-06-2011, 05:35 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
They're perfectly nice reds, but... they aren't Pure Red!
Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a weak spot for a good, strong metallic red. Say a Mazda Velocity Red or Ford Firemist Red. But, that's comparing apples to oranges. Literally. Pure Red is a orange/red that is a perfectly wonderful color. You just have to judge it on its own merits.

Originally Posted by FiremanMike
. . . all I can say is we love the color!
. . . The temp was warm enough for the 02 to come out of the garage for a meet & greet & sniff, then back under cover.
Well said. And now I know where new MINIs come from.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:14 PM
MaybeMCSC
4th Gear
Have you happened to have noticed how the PO looks at night? If your car is in just the right lighting, it almost glows!

It's been 8 days - and absolutely no regrets!

Old 03-29-2011, 10:05 PM
maxdbunny
1st Gear
I'll be honest with you all, I didn't pick my PR/PO, it picked me

Was at the dealer on a sunday, had been looking and trying to decide between the CM or a regular Mini S. There were only 5-6 CM's on the lot a Black/Black/Black Rim Cooper S Manual with every option possible (well minus automatic transmission), a True Blue/White/Silver Rim Cooper, a Royal Gray/Black/anthracite Rim Cooper S with just the Premium package and paddle shifters, a all decked out White/Black/Black Rim All4, and then my "Oliver", a PR/PO with a white roof, white mirror caps and anthracite wheels. At that point i took the All4 and the Manual car out of the running. It was between the Light Coffee and Royal Gray...

I decided earlier that Oliver would just be simple. I didn't need a lot of options (thats what his older cousin is for, 2007 Mercedes E350) and if i really need to go off road i have access to Oliver's older brother, a 2008 Land Rover LR3. All i needed was bluetooth, Automatic (cause lets be honest, driving stick in LA is painful...a lesson i learned the hard way with a Audi TT for a week) and iPod/iPhone hook up. I am thinking about adding stripes and have ordered a center arm rest for him...oh and i did get the tissue box...thats another story for another time.

So back to the dealer, i looked around and Oliver was clearly 2-3k LESS then the other cars (INCLUDING a run of the mill Cooper, though it had the cold weather and premium package but was closer to 32k), and after thinking about it, I was going to go with the Royal Gray, but i kept going back to Oliver. I originally wanted green but found it WAY too dark, and that was pretty much that. I've always had dark cars or at least dullish color cars...a dark green Jeep Grand Cherokee, a maroon mercedes, a blueish gray mercedes...and for a stretch of time, a "Buckingham" blue Land Rover (my parents car when my mercedes was in the shop after a valet messed up the grill) and i wanted something brighter....

So there we have it, how Oliver found me.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:41 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by maxdbunny
I decided earlier that Oliver would just be simple.
So, basically, you're saying that you were looking for a cheap date that was a little flashy? And we all know, the best cheap dates are a little "simple".

That's pretty much mine on the outside - add the 18" anthracites and a couple of white stripes. I'm getting just a tad impatient. If the status doesn't soon change from "on order" I'm gonna have to hurt something/one.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:21 AM
maxdbunny
1st Gear
So, basically, you're saying that you were looking for a cheap date that was a little flashy? And we all know, the best cheap dates are a little "simple".

That's pretty much mine on the outside - add the 18" anthracites and a couple of white stripes. I'm getting just a tad impatient. If the status doesn't soon change from "on order" I'm gonna have to hurt something/one.
LOL Pretty much! Most fun i've had in a car in a long time...

Old 04-02-2011, 06:35 PM
FiremanMike
2nd Gear
I think I can settle the controversy between Red vs Orange quite easily. I took these pix today of my 05 Triumph Tiger next to the 11 Countryman. It is clear to anyone that the color of a Lucifer Orange Triumph is nothing like the beautiful Pure Red Countryman. Note the shading, the way the light shows the obvious Red tones of the MINI.
Orange?
I think not!

I am waiting for the hardware and will be mounting new rims from Tire Rack this week, black Motegi with the original tires. I plan on Blizzaks going on the original rims and being dedicated winter use only.
4 months of ALL4 and we are having a ball.
Mike

Attached Thumbnails Pure Orange Support Group-tiger-001-800x600-.jpg   Pure Orange Support Group-tiger-002-800x600-.jpg   Pure Orange Support Group-tiger-003-800x600-.jpg  
Old 04-02-2011, 07:20 PM
MaybeMCSC
4th Gear
For my fellow PR/PO afficionados... I think it's all about the bling!

Nothing sets off a nice PO like some chrome! I haven't seen many others who have opted for the glitz of the Chrome Line Exterior.

From the humble parking lot of a nearby Krogers, a freshly-washed Heathcliff. (He's not really keen on the name, so we may be filing the appropriate papers and reintroducing him.)

Old 04-02-2011, 07:29 PM
days-like-this
4th Gear
GREAT PICS...Heathcliff and BigMini both look sharp!

Mike: is that the CravenSpeed front license plate mount? Are you pretty happy with it?

Old 04-02-2011, 07:44 PM
MaybeMCSC
4th Gear
I forgot to call attention to my first mod - I swapped the stock antenna for the stubby model.

So proud - my first mod.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:25 AM
Hobie44610
3rd Gear
.............. - I swapped the stock antenna for the stubby model.
Not to hi-jack the thread but where'd you get the stubby ? TIA

Old 04-03-2011, 05:25 AM
FiremanMike
2nd Gear
The front plate bracket is from gominigo, I worked with them back in December right after we got the ALL4. It mounts in place of the tow hook and has been great.
Bling is good, I do like the chrome side marker light covers, real sharp. I had the car/bike pix done while applying 20% window film to the back 5 windows. We like the way the clear windows go away and the window/roof blend, kind of a MINI limo look.
Mike

Old 04-03-2011, 05:40 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
I think I can settle the controversy between Red vs Orange quite easily. I took these pix today of my 05 Triumph Tiger next to the 11 Countryman. It is clear to anyone that the color of a Lucifer Orange Triumph is nothing like the beautiful Pure Red Countryman. Note the shading, the way the light shows the obvious Red tones of the MINI.
Orange?
I think not!
Nice looking orange motorcycle and very nice looking red CM. The Pure Red, as you point out, has obvious red tones - which infers that the primary color is not red. For most of us out here, the car is red with overwhelming orange tones. I've come to really like it. Glad I ordered one and can't wait to get it. The original complaint was that MINI has some fantastic reds it could have used or, if they wanted to distinguish the CM, they could have used a any number of metallic reds. Well, for me, the "controversy" is over. It is distinguished and it is fab-u-lous. And mine will be wearing the chrome bling, as well.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:04 AM
MaybeMCSC
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Hobie44610
Not to hi-jack the thread but where'd you get the stubby ? TIA
Got it from the MINI parts department - for whatever reason, MINI carries both, the one that comes with the car, and the stubby version.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:35 AM
AWD_Rally

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
The front plate bracket is from gominigo, I worked with them back in December right after we got the ALL4. It mounts in place of the tow hook and has been great.
Bling is good, I do like the chrome side marker light covers, real sharp. I had the car/bike pix done while applying 20% window film to the back 5 windows. We like the way the clear windows go away and the window/roof blend, kind of a MINI limo look.
Mike
On a similar note of mounting a license plate; has anyone "mounted" one on the inside of the windshield, like the upper right of it as your sitting inside?

I was thinking if it can be mounted there then a dark tint is applied to the top of the windshield, but without cover the license plate. Then put a black vinyl or something on the back side of the license plate to help match it to the strip of tint.

Just a thought.

Quick Reply: R60 Pure Orange Support Group