1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Sport Stripes - Need Quick Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Mrs. Chapiko
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport Stripes - Need Quick Feedback

When I ordered my CMS, I configured it with the sport stripes (the trident on the hood and the double stripes on the back). When it arrived - it didn't have them and the dealer told me they would have to install them later. Fine.

Now three weeks in they've finally picked up my CMS to put the stripes on. Lets just say my MA isn't extremely on the ball and my spidey senses were telling me I'd better remind them of exactly what I wanted so I sent pictures of other CMs with the sport stripes.

Sure enough, twenty minutes after my car is picked up I get a call telling me that what I want is not the sport stripes (I think when they're calling sport stripes are the regular bonnet stripes) and what I want will have to be special ordered from a third party.

So, just to make sure I'm not crazy, I went back to the configurator on MINI USA and what I want is there and called sport stripes. What I want to know from others who have them is...did you have this same issue with your dealer or were they / did they install them with no problem? Am I mistaken about what I'm calling sport stripes?

Frustrated!

Old 05-23-2011, 11:05 AM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The ones with the trident are absolutely called "sport stripes" on MINIUSA (both in the configurator and under "featured accessories") and on minimotoringgear. And they're listed as "sport stripes" on my invoice. And that's what my MA and sales manager called them the whole time we discussed them.

So yeah, you're right and your dealer is wrong. The other ones are "bonnet stripes," though they come standard with the sport package, so maybe that's where the confusion arises?

Tell them to look on the configurator. Or under "featured accessories" (I've attached a screen shot of them there).

Attached Thumbnails Sport Stripes - Need Quick Feedback-sport.jpg  

Last edited by tippykayak; 05-23-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:08 AM
lindseybp
5th Gear
Originally Posted by tippykayak
The one with the trident is absolutely called "sport stripes" on MINIUSA (both in the configurator and under "featured accessories") and on minimotoringgear. And they're listed as "sport stripes" on my invoice. And that's what my MA and sales manager called them the whole time we discussed them.

So yeah, you're right and your dealer is wrong. The other ones are "bonnet stripes," though they come standard with the sport package, so maybe that's where the confusion arises?

Tell them to look on the configurator. Or under "featured accessories" (I've attached a screen shot of them there).
I agree. They are wrong and probably don't want to admit it. Ours are the bonnet stripes and I believe are listed like that on our window sticker, I can check later. Ours arrived to the dealership with bonnet stripes already installed but I believe those are the only ones not always done at the dealership. If they are on the mini site I don't think they would come from a third party would they??

Old 05-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Mrs. Chapiko
2nd Gear
Thanks all. As I said, our MA doesn't seem to be really on the ball. When I got him on the phone I pointed him to the configurator and he said, "oh, I see what you're looking at." Later he called me back and said they had the sport stripes in stock but that the guy they used had left but was rushing back to put them on. Still waiting for my car and not a little nervous.

Thanks for the reassurance though! I'll post pictures of my new (hopefully correct!) stripes as soon as I can.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:00 PM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Did you fill out that satisfaction survey? Ummm....'cause you've got a lot of ammo here. If you haven't, I suggest you hang it over their heads in exchange for some swag.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Mrs. Chapiko
2nd Gear
Update: Got my sport stripes and they look just the way they should. I'm happy with them.

Tippy - no, I haven't filled out the survey yet and I'm really debating. Our MA made it clear they wanted all "10's" but frankly, while our experience hasn't been horrendous - it hasn't been stellar or even above average so far! They drop the ball A LOT.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Syck2972
2nd Gear
MY CMS sport stripes were put on at port. Why is it that some of the MINI dealerships don't have a clue about the produce they are selling? I do have to say my order/delivery procress was perfect. My MA will get all tens.

Any order owners in the Cincinnati area have excellent service at Cincinnati MINI?

Old 05-23-2011, 03:57 PM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mrs. Chapiko
Update: Got my sport stripes and they look just the way they should. I'm happy with them.

Tippy - no, I haven't filled out the survey yet and I'm really debating. Our MA made it clear they wanted all "10's" but frankly, while our experience hasn't been horrendous - it hasn't been stellar or even above average so far! They drop the ball A LOT.
Call him. Say that you honestly don't feel you can give him all tens. Tell him the real reasons. Be fair, be kind, be honest, and let him know that you wish you could, but it doesn't feel right because of the problems. He will then ask what he can do to make it up to you.

Tell him you'd like the stripes comped (or another upgrade worth no more than a few hundred dollars) and that would make you feel you'd been treated properly and thus could give all tens.

It may feel a bit socially awkward, but places like dealerships rely on the fact that you won't be willing to enter into a confrontation at all. Those tens are worth a lot to your MA, and it's not unreasonable to let them compensate you for inconveniences. Be super duper nice about it. Play good cop the whole time. You want to give him tens, and you want to let him find a way to make you feel like you can do so honestly.

I would have pulled the same thing except that my MA was great and I really have nothing to complain about.