1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 2012 Countryman on order!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Koopah
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
You say that now, but in late 2009 the VDC in Oxnard Ca keeped my car for over 2 1/2 weeks. It was to install JCW Sport gauges. The deales later told me it was about 1 1/2 hour labor. So it could be bad or good.
Ron
It is possible that your car was delayed because of repair work as well. In that case, I might blame things on the accessory installation rather that let you know there was damage, right?

Old 10-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Ron Avery
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Koopah
It is possible that your car was delayed because of repair work as well. In that case, I might blame things on the accessory installation rather that let you know there was damage, right?
I did ask about damage, and was told, no it was the gauges.
Ron

Old 10-11-2011, 04:51 PM
soocy
2nd Gear
Help! I know the VIN# of my Countryman and the dealer is telling me it will be here Oct. 19th, but when I go to the shipping line and put in the VIN# it has no record. It has numbers very close to mine but not mine. I called Mini help line and they said I had my VIN# correct. Why can't I find it on the ship if that is the case? I am getting afraid that the dealer is wrong even though the lounge says it is en route!

Old 10-11-2011, 06:11 PM
MontanaMini
2nd Gear
Sometimes (usually) the VIN doesn't work on that website. If the dealer and the Owners Lounge are both telling you it'll be there on the 19th, that's when it should be there. The WW website is known for not being able to track with VINs.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:00 PM
CM51
2nd Gear
My VIN never showed up on the tracking websites either. I'd double check the name of the ship with my MA and trust that its on that ship. Have fun tracking it, I sure did.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:14 PM
hoppes-no9
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by soocy
Help! I know the VIN# of my Countryman and the dealer is telling me it will be here Oct. 19th, but when I go to the shipping line and put in the VIN# it has no record. It has numbers very close to mine but not mine. I called Mini help line and they said I had my VIN# correct. Why can't I find it on the ship if that is the case? I am getting afraid that the dealer is wrong even though the lounge says it is en route!

I'm guessing we're together on the Asian King?

My VIN doesn't show up on the WW site either, although I trust my MA that I'm on that ship.

BTW, the Asian King is passing through the final lock at Gatun in the Panama Canal at this very moment (no joke, check the timestamps!)

Last edited by hoppes-no9; 10-11-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Ron Avery
3rd Gear
Soocy,
Are you working with "Bob Smith"? I am, Lori is my sales person. Our car is coming in around the end of October.
Ron

Old 10-12-2011, 11:13 AM
soocy
2nd Gear
Cool photos of the '"Asian King", thanks, hoppes! Where is your Minis final destination? Yes, I am with "Bob Smith" BMW/Mini, Ron. My sales gal is Kirsten. I have a deal that is fine, but they are taking back my Infiniti E35 early (lease not up until February). What they said I have to pay them for the early take back is great! If they stick to it, that is the only part that worries me. I am a realtor and drive a lot so I have put close to 2,000 miles more on my Infiniti since I ordered my Mini, but it is still 4,800 under the allotted miles. Hope they stick to the deal!

Old 10-12-2011, 11:17 AM
AnnArrogance
3rd Gear
Got my production number today! Woot! I'm so excited!

Old 10-16-2011, 05:55 AM
Sardian
2nd Gear
For the past 5 days my Mini has been "At the port waiting on shipping vessel". My MA said there is no way for him to know which ship it's on or will be on and I'm getting no results found at the MML site. So far, at least two ships headed from Bremerhaven to Brunswick, Ga have sailed while my Mini has been at the port so it may already be on one of those for all I know.

Is there any other way to find out which ship it may already be on or will be on? My MA hasn't been too helpful.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:59 AM
smcphc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Sardian
For the past 5 days my Mini has been "At the port waiting on shipping vessel". My MA said there is no way for him to know which ship it's on or will be on and I'm getting no results found at the MML site. So far, at least two ships headed from Bremerhaven to Brunswick, Ga have sailed while my Mini has been at the port so it may already be on one of those for all I know.

Is there any other way to find out which ship it may already be on or will be on? My MA hasn't been too helpful.
Talk to the sales manager. My MA told me that the sales manager had access to more accurate data then he did. Don't know if that's true or not, but the sales manager has been more than happy to keep me up to date.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:05 PM
SK8erMom
1st Gear
Wink

I am in the same situation. I called AskMini and it says my car is in transit, so it should be on one of the boats. My MA has been unavailable for the last few days, and I don't even know my port location (printer acting up, so MA hand wrote prod # but did not give me port.) In the big picture, it does not matter. But I would love to stalk (um, track) my car.

Last edited by SK8erMom; 10-17-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: can't spell
Old 10-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Sardian
2nd Gear
I talked to the sales manager today. She said as soon as her system updates she will know which boat it's on and she'll let me know. But right now all she can see is it's at the port. She said it may have already left but her system is sometimes a week behind...but not to get my hopes up since it may actually be sitting on the dock.

Like SK8erMom said, it doesn't really matter, when it's here it's here but it would be fun to track it.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:49 PM
smcphc
2nd Gear
I talked to the sales manager today. She said as soon as her system updates she will know which boat it's on and she'll let me know. But right now all she can see is it's at the port. She said it may have already left but her system is sometimes a week behind...but not to get my hopes up since it may actually be sitting on the dock.

Like SK8erMom said, it doesn't really matter, when it's here it's here but it would be fun to track it.
The waiting doesn't get any easier...my CM arrived in Brunswick last Wednesday, and was released from the VDC and assigned to a truck on Friday. I plan on calling tomorrow to see if the truck is on its way, but don't have high hopes as the MA said that they've seen a lot of delays with the trucks getting the vehicles from the port to the dealership. It's pretty frustrating, so close and yet so far.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Sardian
2nd Gear
Two more days have gone by and according to Ask Mini phone number it's still sitting at the port :-( That's over 10 days at the port. I wonder how much it would cost to have FedEx pick it up ;-)

My MA and Sales Manager both said "8 weeks, no problem" when I ordered....now I'm getting "12 weeks....maybe".

Old 10-19-2011, 10:05 PM
soocy
2nd Gear
Mine is on the Asian King ( I think) that was due at Port Hueneme today, but it is not there. I called the Port, it is coming into the port in the AM (10/20/11). My dealer is only one hour away from there...hopeful by the weekend? Ordered it 08/25/11.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:15 AM
randers51
2nd Gear
Mine is on the Asian King ( I think) that was due at Port Hueneme today, but it is not there. I called the Port, it is coming into the port in the AM (10/20/11). My dealer is only one hour away from there...hopeful by the weekend? Ordered it 08/25/11.
Don't trust ASK MINI. Mine was already at the port in CA and ASK MINI said it was still at the port in Bremerhaven. That's three weeks behind.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:38 AM
minitennisball
2nd Gear
I agree about ask mini, it's not up to date. Your MA has the most up to date info, although mine took days to respond to me.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:44 AM
Sardian
2nd Gear
My MA hasn't kept me up to date at all. I have actually been keeping him up to date. I try to forget about it and then one passed me on the highway yesterday and I got worked up again.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:26 PM
SK8erMom
1st Gear
My MA has been trying to keep me up to date, but her info has been sketchy. Apparently, MINI (and BMW of course) has had to contract shipping with other companies than the standard WW and K-lines. This has made tracking wonky for dealers and buyers. I now know the arrival date (Nov 9) and port (Port Huemene,) but had to ask on the boards to find out what ship I may be on (Altair Leader - just BMWs and Countrymen.) Much harder to track a ship when you don't know the operator. Not sure why the scheduling worked out this way...

Old 10-21-2011, 10:48 AM
smcphc
2nd Gear
It's amazing how quickly the stress and frustration or the wait melts away once it shows up at the dealer:

Old 10-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Bmtespar
3rd Gear
Mine was finished being built on the 7th of October and it has been "awaiting transport" since then. My MA doesn't have much to say except that it has not boarded a ship yet. How long is the boat ride over? Is it two weeks? I am sure now that I will not be receiving mine at the end of this month and if it is a two week ride over it may be the middle of November before I get my hands on my CM.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:07 PM
KatieTride
1st Gear
Add me to the list of excited people with a Countryman on order! I will be joining the Crystal Silver club. After a month of dithering about options, I settled on a non-S with a black roof, plus the Tech, Premium, and Cold Weather packages, the flat load floor, and the mirror with the compass and garage door opener.

Oh, and despite what the configurator says, the dealer was able to get me the black cosmos cloth without ordering the sport seats. That was great news to get after hearing all the complaints on NAM about how hot the leatherette gets in the summer. I also learned that the fog-light hole that the configurator shows will be filled in with a functioning light even if you don’t order the fog lights, and that a non-S will have a little modest spoiler even if you don’t order the spoiler.

I tried to get a few competitive quotes from other dealers in the area, but no one would just send me the darn price already, and I was not in the mood to be on the phone with car salespeople all day. So I’ll be getting the Motor-Tober discount and that’s about it. But that’s $750 more than I was expecting to get in the first place, so I am a happy soon-to-be motorer.

Thanks to everyone for all your good advice!

Old 10-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Bmtespar
3rd Gear
Heard from my MA tonight. He says it left today and will reach U.S. shores on Nov. 2nd and then it should be another 3 to 5 days. Let's hope for a delivery on the 7th! I will also get the Mini $750 off. I was hoping to get it by the end of theis month but I knew that was a bit too optimistic on my part.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:37 PM
soocy
2nd Gear
I also heard from my MA today. My CM is at Port Hueneme and will be at the dealer 10/27 or sooner. Finally!!!

CMS/Light coffee/polar beige gravity leather/sport steering wheel w/ paddles/auto trans/universal garage dr opener/white bonnet stripes, roof and mirror caps/interior carbon black/color line polar beige/interior mirror w/ compass/dual sunroof/heated front seats/mini-connected with navigation/white turn signal lights/alloy wheels in silver/interior surface black checker/2 part center rail/Premium package/Technology package (Wowwee!)

Last edited by soocy; 10-21-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Quick Reply: R60 2012 Countryman on order!