1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 2012 Countryman on order!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 11:15 AM
minimichi
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stevepsd
My MA just called and said my CM is on the Otello...crap. Don't know of I believe him or not. My CM should have made the docks around 11/16.

My CM is still not listed on the WWL manifest and the Otello has already left Bremerhaven and is currently in Zeebrugge.

The Otello is not even listed on the arrival schedule for Port Hueneme. Anyone know when it is expected in port?

-steve
I'm guessing my CM is on the same schedule as yours!! It arrived at the port in Bremerhaven a week or more ago and was waiting for departure! Did the Otello leave in the last week? Mine will also go to Port Hueneme!! SO EXCITED!!

Old 12-06-2011, 12:10 PM
AnnArrogance
3rd Gear
My car is on the Florida Highway heading to Brunswick, GA! Thanks to SoonerMack and my MA, Scott, for the info! Should arrive in Brunswick on the 16th, and according to my MA, be home in time for Christmas!

I wish there was a "Happy Dance" emoticon!

Old 12-06-2011, 12:16 PM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AnnArrogance
My car is on the Florida Highway heading to Brunswick, GA! Thanks to SoonerMack and my MA, Scott, for the info! Should arrive in Brunswick on the 16th, and according to my MA, be home in time for Christmas!

I wish there was a "Happy Dance" emoticon!

Old 12-06-2011, 12:39 PM
meindc
2nd Gear
Figaro has docked in Baltimore! Anyone know how long it takes to unload?

Old 12-06-2011, 02:43 PM
jaci
1st Gear
Whoop! Whoop! Figaro has docked.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:13 PM
stevepsd
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by minimichi
I'm guessing my CM is on the same schedule as yours!! It arrived at the port in Bremerhaven a week or more ago and was waiting for departure! Did the Otello leave in the last week? Mine will also go to Port Hueneme!! SO EXCITED!!
The Otello is now currently in Antwerp.!?!

I *assume* that it left Bremerhaven on/around 3 Dec. Don't know if it is going to Southampton next or straight to Port Hueneme. I have not see a ship go from Bremerhaven to Zeebrugge to Antwerp before; the ones I have followed went from Bremerhaven to Zeebrugge to Southampton.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:10 AM
fillupmycup
1st Gear
Originally Posted by stevepsd
The Otello is now currently in Antwerp.!?!

I *assume* that it left Bremerhaven on/around 3 Dec. Don't know if it is going to Southampton next or straight to Port Hueneme. I have not see a ship go from Bremerhaven to Zeebrugge to Antwerp before; the ones I have followed went from Bremerhaven to Zeebrugge to Southampton.

My MA said my CM is on this boat and will arrive at Port Hueneme on the 28th

Old 12-07-2011, 09:40 PM
stevepsd
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by fillupmycup
My MA said my CM is on this boat and will arrive at Port Hueneme on the 28th
My VIN is still not showing up on any WW manifest....hopefully my MA is wrong and my CM is really on the Dorado Leader......

Old 12-08-2011, 06:18 AM
binitraveller
1st Gear
Any updates on dorado leader?

Old 12-08-2011, 06:36 AM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Florida Highway pushed to a 12/18 ETA to Brunswick. I'm worried that if my car doesn't get to me by Christmas that everything will slow down between Cmas and NY's. Even car haulers like to be home for Christmas.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:04 AM
KatieTride
1st Gear
Looks like my car, finished on Thanksgiving Day, hopped on a ship yesterday and is headed this way! AskMini says "in transit" and OL shows "en route." My new favorite words!

As near as I can tell, it's on the Tristan. I absolutely love looking at marinetracker.com and thinking about my car having a mind-broadening European experience on its way to its new home.

It's scheduled to arrive in Brunswick on Christmas Day. I bet the VPC takes a couple of days off, though. :/

Old 12-08-2011, 08:32 AM
signelf
1st Gear
Originally Posted by KatieTride
Looks like my car, finished on Thanksgiving Day, hopped on a ship yesterday and is headed this way! AskMini says "in transit" and OL shows "en route." My new favorite words!

As near as I can tell, it's on the Tristan. I absolutely love looking at marinetracker.com and thinking about my car having a mind-broadening European experience on its way to its new home.

It's scheduled to arrive in Brunswick on Christmas Day. I bet the VPC takes a couple of days off, though. :/
mine was completed 11/21 and have no word yet. Is your countryman other than a "justa"? Have you found it on the ww website yet?

Old 12-08-2011, 09:52 AM
captpetek
2nd Gear
My baby made it's brief stop on Southampton on the Taiko yesterday...Next stop, Baltimore, ETA 12/16!! I hope with all the Christmas craziness I'll be able to get time to actually pick it up when it gets to the dealer!!

Old 12-08-2011, 10:21 AM
bostonterrier
4th Gear
Originally Posted by signelf
mine was completed 11/21 and have no word yet. Is your countryman other than a "justa"? Have you found it on the ww website yet?

my justa CM was produced almost two weeks ago, but OL status is still awaiting transport and my MA said it hasnt shipped yet

Old 12-08-2011, 11:11 AM
KatieTride
1st Gear
Mine is a "justa" too. It's getting off at Brunswick. Maybe that makes a difference. After Southampton, the Tristan is stopping only at Halifax and New York before Brunswick and then Galveston.

I still get "no record found" when I put the VIN in on the WW site. But if ASK-MINI and the OL agree that it's on the way, surely it really is on the ship. I haven't heard from my interim MA yet one way or another. I'm sure I'm checking more often than she is.

The order of loading these cars on ships seems so random. I wish we knew more about the protocol. As it is, we have to sit here wondering if we've won the WW lottery. I hope you get good news soon. The frequency of updates seems equally variable, so maybe you are already on board and steaming (or whatever) toward Southampton and points beyond!

Old 12-08-2011, 11:26 AM
meindc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by KatieTride
The frequency of updates seems equally variable, so maybe you are already on board and steaming (or whatever) toward Southampton and points beyond!
The updates do seem completely random. I am on the Figaro which docked in Baltimore on Tuesday. I have been running searches for the first 8 characters of my VIN to see what has been going on. The latest update for cars coming into Baltimore is for today, BUT it is for the Integrity which docked 11/30! There were two other WW ships inbetween the Figaro and the Integrity. My MA said that maybe before the weekend I would see my car, but I am thinking it will be more likely next week.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:29 AM
signelf
1st Gear
My MA just emailed me back with all the info he has. No understanding of loading order. Their dealership has 9 CMs on the dock, one car older than mine. They were not able to figure out what ship I was assigned to 10 days ago, as several have left. Boston Terrier, I hope you and I are on the next one out to NY.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:47 AM
meindc
2nd Gear
I just got an e-mail from my MA, my car will be at the dealership on Monday.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:19 PM
KatieTride
1st Gear
Originally Posted by meindc
I just got an e-mail from my MA, my car will be at the dealership on Monday.
Woo hoo, meindc! Congrats!

Old 12-08-2011, 02:37 PM
bostonterrier
4th Gear
My MA just emailed me back with all the info he has. No understanding of loading order. Their dealership has 9 CMs on the dock, one car older than mine. They were not able to figure out what ship I was assigned to 10 days ago, as several have left. Boston Terrier, I hope you and I are on the next one out to NY.
Amen to that signelf

Old 12-08-2011, 03:49 PM
signelf
1st Gear
nc but nj

[QUOTE=KatieTride;3412196]Mine is a "justa" too. It's getting off at Brunswick. Maybe that makes a difference. After Southampton, the Tristan is stopping only at Halifax and New York before Brunswick and then Galveston.

KatieTride- I am confusing you with my locationI live in NC, but decided to order my car from the dealer in NJ, so am looking for a NY bound trip. Our earlier coopers came through Charleston, so you are right, the Tristan wouldn't have helped then. I guess I will have to wait for a fabulous way to start the new year!

Old 12-08-2011, 04:28 PM
jaci
1st Gear
CONGRATULATIONS MEINDC!!! I have not heard a thing from my MA. Did you have stripes installed at port? Pictures as soon as you can please.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:42 AM
fupaking
2nd Gear
MY CMS with bench seat is indeed on the Dorado Leader scheduled to arrive the port the 21st. More than likely it won't be at the dealership until the 28th.
Nothing I can do - no Motortober $750 for me because I'll already be out of the country for the holidays.

Appears there are a lot of people waiting on their 2012s that are in my situation. If it would only have arrived by the 22nd!

Old 12-09-2011, 11:57 AM
meindc
2nd Gear
JACI -

No stripes or, as far as I can tell, non-factory installed stuff.

How about you?

I will post pictures, but I have to warn you, Spritzie is not as exciting as most of the pictures that I have seen on here! He is a bit on the conservative side. For now...

Old 12-09-2011, 12:10 PM
FredoinSF
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by fupaking
MY CMS with bench seat is indeed on the Dorado Leader scheduled to arrive the port the 21st. More than likely it won't be at the dealership until the 28th.
Nothing I can do - no Motortober $750 for me because I'll already be out of the country for the holidays.

Appears there are a lot of people waiting on their 2012s that are in my situation. If it would only have arrived by the 22nd!
It may be worth it to check again with your dealer on the Motortober rebate thing. While my dealer has not been responsive they said they would work with MINI to honor it if the car was delivered a few days after the expiration. Since your car could be delivered before the end of the year maybe they won't be able to do that but another alternative might be to do the paperwork and pay for the car before you go on your trip and pick it up when you get back. BMW does that routinely for European deliveries so they may be willing to do it. On top of that it would go under their sold count for 2011 and if they're hurting for numbers that might play in your favor. This type of negiociation goes better in person than over the phone / email. It's harder to say no to someone's face and you can also ask to talk to a manager in person.

Quick Reply: R60 2012 Countryman on order!