1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 2012 Countryman on order!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 12:19 PM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fupaking
MY CMS with bench seat is indeed on the Dorado Leader scheduled to arrive the port the 21st. More than likely it won't be at the dealership until the 28th.
Nothing I can do - no Motortober $750 for me because I'll already be out of the country for the holidays.

Appears there are a lot of people waiting on their 2012s that are in my situation. If it would only have arrived by the 22nd!
Can you arrange financing and take delivery "on paper" so that both you and the dealership get credit for a 2011 sale? Any friends that you can give authorization to sign and drive for you? If I was anywhere close, I'd do for you if you let me drive your car over the GGB just once.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Cobra-racer
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From my understanding they honored all coupons last year and IMO they will end up honoring all coupons on ordered vehicles for this year.

Has anyone heard otherwise from a dealer?

Old 12-09-2011, 02:31 PM
fupaking
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FredoinSF
It may be worth it to check again with your dealer on the Motortober rebate thing. While my dealer has not been responsive they said they would work with MINI to honor it if the car was delivered a few days after the expiration. Since your car could be delivered before the end of the year maybe they won't be able to do that but another alternative might be to do the paperwork and pay for the car before you go on your trip and pick it up when you get back. BMW does that routinely for European deliveries so they may be willing to do it. On top of that it would go under their sold count for 2011 and if they're hurting for numbers that might play in your favor. This type of negiociation goes better in person than over the phone / email. It's harder to say no to someone's face and you can also ask to talk to a manager in person.
Essentially I tried today that conversation, and the dealer's take is, both the car and I will have to both be physically present to complete the paperwork.
They are not willing to do paperwork if the car is not in their possession at the dealership yet because they say that would make them liable for a car which is still in transit. I could try the conversation one last time in person. My best bet is to hope the Dorado Leader hits a nasty storm while sailing and gets so delayed, that the car would not arrive at the dealorship until after January 3rd, so that it would be completely not on me. Of course that sort of delay would upset a lot of folks...

Doesn't help but I take solice in knowing that there are a lot of people in my shoes, according to my MA, who aren't going to be able to take delivery because they are traveling, and are going to lose the $750. I've also been told there is a massive backlog of cars at the port in Oxnard (with more arriving). and that is extending time from port to dealorship. I think Mini should cut those of us with vouchers a break and extend the certificate if you ask me!

Old 12-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Koopah
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When visiting the dealer last night, I was told that the M-S plant in Graz will be shutting down for two weeks for the holidays. Orders that have been placed recently will not be scheduled for production until January.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:37 PM
KatieTride
1st Gear
Well, I just got a pleasant shock--my CM isn't on the Tristan, it's on the Florida Highway! So there's a small chance it'll be home by Christmas, and a really good chance it'll be home before the New Year. Now I've got to hurry up and start preparing for the new baby.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:47 PM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
Good news, Katie! My boy is on that ship too. It's in the fast lane since it only has one stop on the way to Brunswick.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:05 PM
minimichi
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Cobra-racer
From my understanding they honored all coupons last year and IMO they will end up honoring all coupons on ordered vehicles for this year.

Has anyone heard otherwise from a dealer?
Sorry to sound clueless, but i am.... haha!

What is this coupon you are all talking about?

Old 12-09-2011, 05:18 PM
meindc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by KatieTride
Well, I just got a pleasant shock--my CM isn't on the Tristan, it's on the Florida Highway! So there's a small chance it'll be home by Christmas, and a really good chance it'll be home before the New Year. Now I've got to hurry up and start preparing for the new baby.

Great news!!!

Old 12-09-2011, 07:18 PM
KatieTride
1st Gear
Originally Posted by minimichi

In October, the dealers had these "Motor-Tober" events. You could test drive a car and eat some food, and if you came to my dealer's event, you got to see my salesperson dressed up like Robin of Batman fame. Anyway, if you showed up for one, you got a coupon for $750 off a car, provided you take delivery by Jan. 3. So people have been antsy about whether their cars will get here by the deadline. Lots of dealers have been telling people that they'd honor the coupon even after 1/3.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:37 AM
meindc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minimichi

There was an event on October 22 that if you went to the MINI dealership that day and registered, you received a $750 off certificate. It was called "Motor-tober"

Old 12-11-2011, 08:58 AM
minifaz
Neutral
For those of you who are reading this on Sunday, December 11 and your Mini is on the DORADO LEADER.... Your mini is about to go through the Panama Canal! http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7

Old 12-11-2011, 09:00 AM
minifaz
Neutral
Dorado Leader going through Panama Canal today

If you're reading this on Sunday, December 11 and your Mini is on the Dorado Leader...Your mini is about to go through the Panama Canal! http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...e_color=7:eek:

Old 12-11-2011, 02:14 PM
minifaz
Neutral
My Mini is about to go through the Panama Canal

Originally Posted by FredoinSF
Forget previous message, finally got an email saying my CM is on the Dorado Leader as well. Expected delivery will be between XMas and New Year. WooHoo!!!
For those of you who have a mini on the Dorado Leader, it's about to go through the Panama Canal. Click for the current location. http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7

Old 12-11-2011, 03:38 PM
rdez79
2nd Gear
When does the Graz plant shut down for the holidays? just placed my order and no date has been set was told it will be set this week.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Koopah
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rdez79
When does the Graz plant shut down for the holidays? just placed my order and no date has been set was told it will be set this week.
I was told my my MA that CM orders placed this week will go into production sometime in January. Graz is trying to clear out existing orders placed weeks ago. Evidently there was a cutoff date for the remaining production weeks in 2011. I have no idea what the date was, only that my MA said that it has already passed.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:19 AM
rdez79
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Koopah
I was told my my MA that CM orders placed this week will go into production sometime in January. Graz is trying to clear out existing orders placed weeks ago. Evidently there was a cutoff date for the remaining production weeks in 2011. I have no idea what the date was, only that my MA said that it has already passed.

Well hopefully I got my order in before the cut off. I have a Prod # but no date. I feel like once it starts production it will continue to move through the process even with a slowdown with the holidays as long as it gets out of the factory.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:14 AM
rdez79
2nd Gear
how long does it take to get go from graz to bremerhaven?

Old 12-12-2011, 11:20 AM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rdez79
how long does it take to get go from graz to bremerhaven?
It took mine exactly one week. The toughest wait is once it actually gets to port waiting on a ship. Mine sat at port from 11/21 to 12/5 ... that was the most excruciating part of the whole process ... IMO.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Jeremy Brooks
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like the Dorado Leader has cleared the Panama Canal: http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7

Old 12-12-2011, 12:50 PM
asaulo1
5th Gear
Nice... now I hope it gets a move on to Port Hueneme VDC before the occupy movement settles in there...

Originally Posted by Jeremy Brooks
Looks like the Dorado Leader has cleared the Panama Canal: http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7

Old 12-12-2011, 07:31 PM
stevepsd
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by stevepsd
My MA just called and said my CM is on the Otello...crap. Don't know of I believe him or not. My CM should have made the docks around 11/16.

My CM is still not listed on the WWL manifest and the Otello has already left Bremerhaven and is currently in Zeebrugge.

The Otello is not even listed on the arrival schedule for Port Hueneme. Anyone know when it is expected in port?

-steve
Well my CM is not showing up on the WWL manifest. Has anyone found their vehicle listed as being on the Otello?

I have a feeling that my CM is actually on the Dorado Leader...I hope!

Old 12-13-2011, 02:02 AM
cloud10
4th Gear
Originally Posted by stevepsd
Well my CM is not showing up on the WWL manifest. Has anyone found their vehicle listed as being on the Otello?

I have a feeling that my CM is actually on the Dorado Leader...I hope!
I can't find my CM anywhere either. It was completed Nov. 18th and there is no trace of it. It was simple finding my MINI convertible after it was complete Oct. 7 and I picked it up Nov. 25th. Of course, the weather has been rain or snow most of the time since,so it sits covered, waiting for decent weather again.

It would be a big improvement if we could track the CMs. Disappointing.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:18 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
My CMS completed production yesterday and has been released to carrier for transport to the port.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:51 AM
TNCountry
1st Gear
Hello, My CMS ALL4, was ordered on Nov. 21 and completed within two weeks. Now waiting for the boat. Mine is Black, Manual, Sport pkg, Winter pkg, HK, Sunroof, Anthracite headliner, Pure red color line, 18" turbo fan Anthracite wheels, Benchseat rear, and Black headlamp housings. Can't wait till she gets here.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:54 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNCountry
Hello, My CMS ALL4, was ordered on Nov. 21 and completed within two weeks. Now waiting for the boat. Mine is Black, Manual, Sport pkg, Winter pkg, HK, Sunroof, Anthracite headliner, Pure red color line, 18" turbo fan Anthracite wheels, Benchseat rear, and Black headlamp housings. Can't wait till she gets here.

We ordered on 11/21 too, CMS went into production on the 28th and was released to carrier yesterday. The All-4 went into production 11/30 and is scheduled for completion tomorrow. Maybe we'll travel together. Both of ours are Cosmic Blue, manual, HK, Sport pkg, HK, sunroof, anthracite, benchseat, etc. Counting down too.

Quick Reply: R60 2012 Countryman on order!