1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 2012 Countryman on order!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 06:39 PM
AnnArrogance
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got an email from my MA. I think Ask Mini is pretty much worthless once your car gets on a boat, an my OL still thinks that it's on the boat!

Old 12-20-2011, 06:57 PM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AnnArrogance
I got an email from my MA. I think Ask Mini is pretty much worthless once your car gets on a boat, an my OL still thinks that it's on the boat!
My MA is lame.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Jimbo
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 Countryman Ordered

Well, a year ago about now I was following this forum and watching as the first orders were placed and received. I had been by my dealer for service and got to see one in person and felt this is really a lot of vehicle for the price, but felt it was too "big" for me. I told my wife this would make a nice car for her and showed her pics, but she was happy with her PT convertible.
In October we were visiting family in Scottsdale AZ. and I knew they must have a coupe so we dropped by to look, I took a few pictures of the model in front of the store and as I'm backing up to get a better angle to shoot my wife's voice chimes out from behind "Hey! this is really nice!" I turned around to see what she was talking about, and she is sitting in a Light Coffee/Black Countryman. I said I told you all about these last November.
Needless to say, she has done her homework since then and has decided now she is ready, so she place her order yesterday for a Light Coffee/Black Countryman. Now the 6-8 week wait begins and will be a two MINI family

Old 12-21-2011, 11:50 AM
TNCountry
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Well, a year ago about now I was following this forum and watching as the first orders were placed and received. I had been by my dealer for service and got to see one in person and felt this is really a lot of vehicle for the price, but felt it was too "big" for me. I told my wife this would make a nice car for her and showed her pics, but she was happy with her PT convertible.
In October we were visiting family in Scottsdale AZ. and I knew they must have a coupe so we dropped by to look, I took a few pictures of the model in front of the store and as I'm backing up to get a better angle to shoot my wife's voice chimes out from behind "Hey! this is really nice!" I turned around to see what she was talking about, and she is sitting in a Light Coffee/Black Countryman. I said I told you all about these last November.
Needless to say, she has done her homework since then and has decided now she is ready, so she place her order yesterday for a Light Coffee/Black Countryman. Now the 6-8 week wait begins and will be a two MINI family
Congrats, I can't wait to get ours here. the first time I drove the All4 I fell in love with them. My wife doesn'y lke going to dealerships that much, but we were out one day going by Mini of Knoxville and said let's stop in for a minute. Ended up getting her into and driving, that sealed the deal.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:51 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Congrats Jimbo & wife...from our two-MINI family to yours. We're waiting for two Countryman to be delivered. The lack of communication is frustrating but the wait is always worth it in the end. Good luck!

Old 12-21-2011, 12:20 PM
AnnArrogance
3rd Gear
Congratulations, Jimbo! That's great news. I'm sure you both will enjoy it thoroughly!

Old 12-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Cobra-racer
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So my car hits the dock on the 15th and then my MA goes dark the past week. But I take the chance to get my insurance card prepared in case it shows up at the dealer before Xmas. And my insurance agent proactively calls the dealer to verify my VIN because it doesn't show up in the insurance company's database. And she finds out my car is sitting at the dealer waiting for them to prep for delivery.

You would think they would want my $40K before the holidays. At least it looks like my Xmas gift problem is resolved.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:37 AM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
Congrats Cobra!!! I wish I had your luck. Merry Christmas to you!

Old 12-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Cobra-racer
3rd Gear
Thank you Sooner! ETA is 10 AM tomorrow morning. Already checked it out at the dealer, actually at the gas station getting filled up while I was driving to the dealer. I immediately identified it as my car. Also greased the palm of the tech who is going to prep it for delivery. It would be ready tonight but since it is s Xmas gift for my other half I want her to be with me tomorrow. Pictures to follow.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:10 PM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Cobra-racer
Thank you Sooner! ETA is 10 AM tomorrow morning. Already checked it out at the dealer, actually at the gas station getting filled up while I was driving to the dealer. I immediately identified it as my car. Also greased the palm of the tech who is going to prep it for delivery. It would be ready tonight but since it is s Xmas gift for my other half I want her to be with me tomorrow. Pictures to follow.
I saw it on FB. Very cool! I think I might have gone with silver if I had it to do over again.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Cobra-racer
3rd Gear
I have 3 silver cars in my fleet; 1 blue MINI, 1 big white SUV, 1 red MGB, 1 blue Subie and 1 gold Subie. My 330i is Titanium Silver, the 2010 Cabrio is Pure Silver and now the CMS is Crystal Silver. Night visibility is a large determinant since a large part of our driving is after dusk.

But my Roadster will be black on black on black.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:21 PM
bostonterrier
4th Gear
my ma said my cm will be in nj on the 28 of dec and even though it now wont be ready till after the new year, he wanted me to pay in full soon so they can book it for this year. i told him that i would pay in full when i see the car. would anyone else do this?

Old 12-22-2011, 06:00 PM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bostonterrier
my ma said my cm will be in nj on the 28 of dec and even though it now wont be ready till after the new year, he wanted me to pay in full soon so they can book it for this year. i told him that i would pay in full when i see the car. would anyone else do this?
Depends ... what's in it for you? Free tint? Free stripes? Something else? Drop a quid pro quo on your MA. He needs to make it a win-win.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Cobra-racer
3rd Gear
Nutz! Pay in full before you see the car? They would have to really make it worth my time to part with my $.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:21 PM
bostonterrier
4th Gear
i agree soonermack and cobraracer...i was originally told i would get my cm in nov when i placed the order, then the base production was delayed, then i was told i would be driving my cm before the end of december, now it "suppose" to arrive in NJ on the 28 and that is only an estimate...so sometime after the new year i should have it. plus, i attended the motortober event...never got my certificate but the sales manager gave me a confirming email that he would honor it...so all in all...a pretty frustrating experience. there is other stuff but dont want to get it to it....

Old 12-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Cobra-racer
3rd Gear
Boston,

Are you tracking it on the ship? If it is due in port around the 28th it should be in transit by now.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Cobra-racer
3rd Gear
Boston,

Are you on Platinum Ray due in NYC port on 12/29?

Old 12-22-2011, 08:02 PM
FredoinSF
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
My tax guy says to make sure I pay for the car and have it registered in 2011 as there are tax deductions that will likely to be going away in 2012. It may be a state specific thing, but I don't care and I'm working with my MA to have the paperwork all done by the end of the year whether the car is ready to be delivered or not.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:50 AM
evobunny
1st Gear
Who at the port waiting for a ride to the states. Mine just got there tuesday 12/20

Old 12-23-2011, 01:11 AM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bostonterrier
When you say the "car will be in NJ" on the 28th, do you mean it woill be at the dealer then or at the VDC? If it's at the dealer on 12/28, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to drive it away before 12/31. If the dealer wants to you pay for it to get it booked for their 2011 sales, I don't see any real downside for you in doing this (anything that needs to be fixed, they'll fix whether you pay for it early or not), but I would definitely tell them you want them to make it worth your while. There's nothing in it for you as it stands now. Have them throw in some accessories or parts that you might have been considering buying or maybe even a cool $150 MINI jacket or something like that.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:40 AM
bostonterrier
4th Gear
Originally Posted by chaswyck
When you say the "car will be in NJ" on the 28th, do you mean it woill be at the dealer then or at the VDC? If it's at the dealer on 12/28, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to drive it away before 12/31. If the dealer wants to you pay for it to get it booked for their 2011 sales, I don't see any real downside for you in doing this (anything that needs to be fixed, they'll fix whether you pay for it early or not), but I would definitely tell them you want them to make it worth your while. There's nothing in it for you as it stands now. Have them throw in some accessories or parts that you might have been considering buying or maybe even a cool $150 MINI jacket or something like that.
i never tried to find the boat and relied on my dealership (perhaps a mistake). my MA said that it will land in NJ on the 28th. (orginally the sales manager said it would be here yesterday)...so i dont even think they know what boat. in terms of paperwork to finish...it really is about paying in full before year end so they can book a sale...what if the car has a huge dent in the hood or something? this is something i dont want fixed and as another poster experienced a crushed exhaust or something...i just wont accept it. so a jacket (while maybe nice) would not satisfy. im really concerned about getting my car in pristine condition with the freebies that i already negotiated on the car...splash guards, rubber matts throughout. im not leasing nor am i taking out a loan...they will be paid in full. my life experiences have taught me that once i give up my money...i give up my leverage. and once i give that up, they'll move onto the next customer with leverage. they should just give me a jacket for waiting a month longer when they assured me a november time frame, while i was deciding to give my deposit.

Last edited by bostonterrier; 12-23-2011 at 03:49 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:16 AM
Cobra-racer
3rd Gear
Send me your VIN and I will track it down for you. Only the Platinum Ray is scheduled in port around the 28th but it may have been on the prior ship.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Cobra-racer
3rd Gear
Boston,

As of yesterday the Platinum Ray was in the middle of the Celtic Sea so it appears to be on schedule. The first port will be Halifax and then Jersey City (NYC). My car landed in port on the 15th, 1 day late and it was at the dealer this Wednesday late afternoon but I had to have the driving lights and sport stripes added at the port so that takes a few days. IMO it will be a tight schedule to be at your dealer for a delivery by year end.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:29 AM
Cobra-racer
3rd Gear
Here is the link for the Platinum Ray tracking:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/dat...MMSI=308726000

Old 12-23-2011, 05:42 AM
bostonterrier
4th Gear
thanks cobra, i will send you my vin now.

Quick Reply: R60 2012 Countryman on order!