1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 2012 Countryman on order!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 02:10 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So being new to Mini and new to this forum, I wrote an entry about my waiting process for my All4 Light White manual Countryman of which I am past chewing my nails and down to the 2nd metacarpal by now waiting for and it didn't post! I got a little thing saying my post had to be approved and now my little thing says I’ve never mad a post. :( But I digress! I was so excited to find a support group and to read that I am not alone in my anguish of waiting. I have been called many things but Never EVER have I been called patient! I even considered settling for a car that was sort of similar to the one I wanted and drive it home 2500 miles instead of waiting 2 months. But my wonderful Hubby said and I quote "If I'm spending this much money on a car for you, you better get the car you absolutely want because you are going to have it for forever (think Sandlot fooorrrrreeeevvvvvveeeeeerrrrr)!"

So we ordered Rupert Smitty Smithbuster Jorge the Minion (because we know there is no way of knowing his true name until we meet) last week, on the 27th to be exact, and thus began our journey! Now I know that a lot of you have been waiting far longer than me so I really shouldn't be whining like, but isn't that what a support group is all about?! I can’t wait for the day when my little screen gives me at least a date to kind of go by! It’s killing me not having anything on paper to look forward to. So far I’ve been told mid January. My inner optimist is hoping by mid January they mean early January and by early January, they mean next week! A girl can hope can’t she?! The dealer has said that we will get him any time between now and March at the latest… March?! Like a lifetime away?! I know in the grand scheme of things 2 months is nothing when we have a lifetime to spend together, but What in the world am I going to do until then?!
Like any good future Mini parent I signed up to the OL and have been watching it like a hawk. Well maybe like watching for water to boil because it never changes. I have also done my research! I have the apps downloaded and set up as much as can be without the car. I have read the official and unofficial owners manuals all the way through (the official one twice). I have read many blogs and watched countless YouTube videos. I have been through all the extras on both the mini and owners lounge websites. Not only do I know how to adjust the seats and roll up the window, I now know that corner breaking assist is good in winter driving so I won't be indebted to a moose! I even found a list of all the voice commands and made a small in car/purse size one to bring with until I learn them all! So needless to say I’d consider myself prepared and ready to take on the Mini responsibility!
Now I wait! Ahhhh!!

Old 01-02-2012, 06:33 AM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Today might be my day ... <fingers crossed>

Old 01-02-2012, 07:25 AM
AnnArrogance
3rd Gear
Yay, SoonerMack! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Old 01-02-2012, 08:56 AM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
Got the call ... 2:30pm today.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:51 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Congrats...looking forward to some pictures SoonerMack.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:37 PM
KatieTride
1st Gear
Woo hoo, SoonerMack! Happy New Year!

Old 01-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Cotnballs2000
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Completed Dec 12 & still sitting at port of Bremerhaven. Will probably hit US soil end of Jan/early Feb.
According to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen web site the ship that sail after 19 Dec is the Morning Composer that left on 3 Jan and the Asian Vision that leaves on the 14 Jan. My vin didn't show up on their web site yet but I hope its just lagging (Mini says its on its way) and its on the ship that just left. If not then it will be under way next week.

Type in your vin in the cargo ID block

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

Last edited by Cotnballs2000; 01-04-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:12 AM
signelf
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Cotnballs2000
According to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen web site the ship that sail after 19 Dec is the Morning Composer that left on 3 Jan and the Asian Vision that leaves on the 14 Jan. My vin didn't show up on their web side yet but I hope its just lagging (Mini says its on its way) and its on the ship that just left. If not then it will be under way next week.

Type in your vin in the cargo ID block

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage
my vin did not show up in the ww site for 36 hours after sailing. I had just given up hope that I was on the ship.
My ship just docked in NY/NJ!!

Old 01-04-2012, 03:48 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Finally! Our MA confirmed today that both our CMS's are on board MV Florida Highway due Brunswick, GA 1-11-2012. Anyone cruising with us?

Old 01-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Verc
1st Gear
lvwtidosmithbusting,

I don't want to burst you bubble but two months would be a pretty good turn around. I know my story is a bit longer than most but I made the decision to buy a CM last January, had to wait until August to place my order since I wanted the bench seat, got into production around the first of November, finished production 11/11/11, waited three weeks for a ship, waited 4 weeks to cross the pond and now have been waiting a week for it to truck to Colorado. With luck I will have it next week, or one year after I made the decision to buy it.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:10 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Verc
lvwtidosmithbusting,

I don't want to burst you bubble but two months would be a pretty good turn around. ... With luck I will have it next week, or one year after I made the decision to buy it.
Verc, you have the will of Forest Gump crossed with an Everest mountain climber! I am in awe of you! I would have given in and "settled" long ago! I'm still not sure I can make the month and a half to two I still have to go! I have been banned from looking for Countrymans within driving distance because my Husband knows I'd just end up getting anyone because I'm so impatient! I am trying hard to not be pathetic and dramatic, but... Well... You see how well that's going!

Best wishes! I hope your new Mini comes yesterday! :

Old 01-05-2012, 08:54 AM
DR61
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yesterday evening I placed an order for a new Countryman S ALL4 with manual gearbox. I finally got to test drive an ALL4 manual and I loved it! I found the clutch had near-perfect adjustment and feel, and the shifter had a nice, precise, mechanical feel. Shifting was easier than in Lupine, my 2005 S hardtop. I configured it this way:
Manual 6-speed
Sport Suspension
Auto adaptive Xenons, rain sensors
Polar Beige leather
Oxford Green with white top and bonnet stripes
17" silver alloys with all-season tires
auto climate control
Bluetooth/USB
Cold Weather Package
armrest
3 rear seats
mud flaps

I think we will call her Tarragon.
The wait begins...

Last edited by DR61; 01-05-2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 01-05-2012, 09:09 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Yay!!! Dave! That's so exciting!!! I wonder if we'll be on the same production line?! Were you given an idea of when she'd be born?!

Old 01-05-2012, 09:29 AM
DR61
5th Gear
Originally Posted by lvwtidoSmithBusting
Yay!!! Dave! That's so exciting!!! I wonder if we'll be on the same production line?! Were you given an idea of when she'd be born?!
Not yet! This is my second Mini production wait. I'm a veteran waiter... in 2005 it was 10 months!

Old 01-05-2012, 12:04 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DR61
Not yet! This is my second Mini production wait. I'm a veteran waiter... in 2005 it was 10 months!
I just choked when I read this! 10 months... Wow! Well lets hope it's nowhere near that long this time Haha!!

We are very close in type other than color, so maybe we'll be close on the production line!!

Rupert is an All4 Manual Trans Light White Countryman with black top and mirrors! I'm kind of a tech nerd so he'll have the fun computers in him and I'm also very cold blooded so he's going to have the cold weather package. We have big beasts we bring with us so we also opted for the bench seat.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:15 PM
DR61
5th Gear

Rupert is an All4 Manual Trans Light White Countryman with black top and mirrors! I'm kind of a tech nerd so he'll have the fun computers in him and I'm also very cold blooded so he's going to have the cold weather package. We have big beasts we bring with us so we also opted for the bench seat.

Ups - I got Cold Weather Pack also; ... Corrected my post. We will be going over lots of cold mountain passes with Tarragon.

Did you get your VIN assigned yet?

Old 01-05-2012, 12:22 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DR61
Ups - I got Cold Weather Pack also; ... Corrected my post. We will be going over lots of cold mountain passes with Tarragon.

Did you get your VIN assigned yet?
Fun! We are hoping to do some snow driving with Rupert as well! Unfortunately to find the snow we have to drive a ways but at least it will be fun when we get there AND on the way there! Haha!!

No VIN yet! I've been told mid January for production! What that means I have no idea! I was hoping it would be EARLY mid January, but so far no luck!!

I am way too obsessed with this whole thing!

Old 01-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Verc
1st Gear
BTW - living in GA means about two weeks quicker delivery. Those of us west of the Mississippi or some other arbitrary line get two wait an additional two weeks for the cargo ship to tour the Caribbean, the canal and western Mexico. If they would let me I would have liked to take the cruise with Max.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:05 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Verc
BTW - living in GA means about two weeks quicker delivery. Those of us west of the Mississippi or some other arbitrary line get two wait an additional two weeks for the cargo ship to tour the Caribbean, the canal and western Mexico. If they would let me I would have liked to take the cruise with Max.
Yes and I'm very thankful of that!! Every little bit helps

I'm all for a cruise with Rupert, but they'd have to let me take him out and stretch his legs a little!

Old 01-07-2012, 11:01 AM
rfath
4th Gear
I ordered mine on the 30th of December. Still no update on the owner's lounge, but my MA said likely the third week of January for production.

*sigh*

But I WANT it for a winter driving school at the end of February.

2003: the wait for my first MCS was 8 months. You'd think I'd be better at waiting, but.. no. Sadly not.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:41 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rfath
I ordered mine on the 30th of December. Still no update on the owner's lounge, but my MA said likely the third week of January for production.

*sigh*

But I WANT it for a winter driving school at the end of February.

2003: the wait for my first MCS was 8 months. You'd think I'd be better at waiting, but.. no. Sadly not.
Yay it's fun to meet someone who will have the direct sibling to my car! We should be on the same production line! I think mid January is like the third week maybe! This is my first wait but I think it will be just as painful if there is a next time! 8 months would have killed me! Seriously, I would not have lasted! I'm hoping If I ever need to get another car I'll find my dream car sitting on the lot somewhere!! Haha!

I was wondering if there was such a school offered! That would be so much fun!!

Well here's hoping for a quick production and transportation!

Old 01-07-2012, 12:35 PM
rfath
4th Gear
I was wondering if there was such a school offered! That would be so much fun!!

Well here's hoping for a quick production and transportation!
This is actually my third MINI. The one I have now I bought off the lot CPO in 2009 because I didn't want to wait... and it was the last of the lovely supercharged MCS model years (2006). I don't even have a clue what that production time is on the countryman is once it's started..

I'm actually a high performance driving instructor and teach with the same club at the winter driving school.. they're stupidly fun schools and the students learn SO much. I think my husband and I won the 'totally impracticable car' award the past few years by taking the rear-drive sports car up to the school in northern NH. Oh, but the drifts and slides with that car!

The countryman should be hecka fun too! I want so badly to take it there!

Old 01-07-2012, 05:54 PM
TNCountry
1st Gear
The day finally arrived, Order placed 11/21/11 at dealership 1/6/12 took delivery today. Unfortunately very rainy today. I will try to clean her up and post pics soon. Hang in there DooBah. It was worth the wait.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:03 PM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
Congrats TN! Looking forward to the pics!

Old 01-07-2012, 07:13 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
I was on the waiting list for the first Clubman for 25 months. then another 8 weeks till delivery in Feb 2008. It was and is my obsession.

Mad Maxx, my 2012 R57 Cabrio S was ordered on my bday Sept 16 and delivered in November. I ordered my CM ALL4S in late October. He is arriving in Scottsdale on Monday, but still needs his stripes; clear bra on lights, bonnet, door cups bumper, mirrors; mudflaps; tint; paint and leather protection. Hoping to pick him up Wednesday as it would have been my husband's bday. As he was the one who introduced me to the MINIs before BMW bought them, it would be fitting to have delivery that day. I believe he will be sitting beside me that day for the 110-mile ride home. He would have been grinning from ear to ear.
I can't forsee ever not living with a MINI or 2 in the garage.

Quick Reply: R60 2012 Countryman on order!