1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 2012 Countryman on order!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 04:30 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rfath
while I was distracted with the loss of my wee beloved pet, ol updated that I'm scheduled for production and have a VIN.

Bittersweet. Maybe it'll keep my mind off of the sadness...

Awww I'm sorry about your loss! That definitely is bittersweet! Congrats on the VIN! I hope the rest of the wait is lightning fast!!!

Old 01-12-2012, 05:19 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
while I was distracted with the loss of my wee beloved pet, ol updated that I'm scheduled for production and have a VIN.

Sorry about your pet...

Old 01-12-2012, 05:44 PM
bostonterrier
4th Gear
Originally Posted by JenK
Congrats boston! I've been following your build for the past 3 months and you are finally getting it! I am excited for you! Are you going to get the base or S?
jenk...i didn't know i had a fan lol. anyway, i am going to get the "S"...as you know, i ordered the base w/ bench in early october...production delays on the base models prompted my sales manager to order the same build in the "S" version which was entered in november. fast forward to last week, both came in around the same time...the certificate of origin (which the SM said he needed in order to sell me the car) came in on the base first and it just arrived on the "S" i finally chose the "S" cause it seemed that people who have ordered the "S" have more fun with it and it seems that the problems have been figured out (such as the thermostat)and subsided. i was told that CMs manufactured in November 2012 have the newer thermostat...we will see

Old 01-12-2012, 05:52 PM
FredoinSF
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry about the loss of your pet.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:54 PM
FredoinSF
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bostonterrier
jenk...i didn't know i had a fan lol. anyway, i am going to get the "S"...as you know, i ordered the base w/ bench in early october...production delays on the base models prompted my sales manager to order the same build in the "S" version which was entered in november. fast forward to last week, both came in around the same time...the certificate of origin (which the SM said he needed in order to sell me the car) came in on the base first and it just arrived on the "S" i finally chose the "S" cause it seemed that people who have ordered the "S" have more fun with it and it seems that the problems have been figured out (such as the thermostat)and subsided. i was told that CMs manufactured in November 2012 have the newer thermostat...we will see
Very cool!! Glad your wait is finally coming to an end. Make sure to post pictures in the Royal Gray thread to give it a bump.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:02 PM
bostonterrier
4th Gear
Originally Posted by FredoinSF
Very cool!! Glad your wait is finally coming to an end. Make sure to post pictures in the Royal Gray thread to give it a bump.
Fredo thanks for your help and also a shout-out to Cobra and a couple of other posters who helped me with my first mini purchase. i will post photos hopefully Saturday before Tom Brady and the Pats send Tebow and the Broncos packing.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:32 AM
JenK
2nd Gear
Good choice! I know you won't be able to sleep!

Old 01-13-2012, 05:10 AM
iMom2005
3rd Gear
You're going to LOVE it! Congrats!

Old 01-13-2012, 08:40 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Rupert STARTED Production YESTERDAY!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I'm so excited!!! I finally called the ask mini number and they told me! Woot woot!!! They said the OL has had quite a lag lately! Anyone else got confirmation?!

Old 01-13-2012, 08:43 AM
rfath
4th Gear
I'm afraid to call askMINI. I checked the automated line and it said that I didn't have a production date yet. But.. I have a VIN. Doesn't that mean something special? I'm not special? WHAT?!

Is there a way to talk to a real person on the hotline?

Old 01-13-2012, 08:47 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Yeah that's what I did, a very nice lady gave me the great news! She also said the automated info is the same as the website, so that may be why there's a lag! That and you probably are special! :D

Old 01-13-2012, 08:57 AM
rfath
4th Gear
Originally Posted by lvwtidoSmithBusting
Yeah that's what I did, a very nice lady gave me the great news! She also said the automated info is the same as the website, so that may be why there's a lag! That and you probably are special! :D
I think our cars are really next to each other on the production line. Called and talked to a human bean and found out that it's in production. Yays!

Stout (pet) would have loved the new car. He was always up for an adventure. Including the time he escaped his carrier and unerringly went for the brake pedal as I was driving....

Old 01-13-2012, 09:09 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
I know there is a way to compare VINs and find out where we are in line! I'm glad Rupert has a friend to keep him company!! Haha (I'm really not so crazy to think he'd get lonely, I do know he is a car! But is fun to give him personality!) My big question now, driving lights or no?

You know you and I share a special bond now so that's pretty cool! Family by VIN is what it's called right?!

What was Stout?

Old 01-13-2012, 09:13 AM
DR61
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think our cars are really next to each other on the production line. Called and talked to a human bean and found out that it's in production. Yays!

Stout (pet) would have loved the new car. He was always up for an adventure. Including the time he escaped his carrier and unerringly went for the brake pedal as I was driving....
It looks like 3 of us posting here have all gone into production this week. Wishing the technicians in Graz a good, productive week!

Old 01-13-2012, 10:20 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DR61
It looks like 3 of us posting here have all gone into production this week. Wishing the technicians in Graz a good, productive week!
I'll second that!! OMGoodness I am so fricken excited now!!! I can't believe we are this much closer!!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 01:00 PM
rfath
4th Gear
I think the wait is even worse now.

And it's probably going to be agonizing as we wait and WAIT and WAIT for the transport ships once they're completed..

how long does it take for a car to go through the production line?

Old 01-13-2012, 01:03 PM
donaldq
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DR61
you ordered in Jan and your car is in production now? How fast! I ordered mine 20 Dec. still no info now, just called askmini, their computer is under maintenance so no status for me. Hopefully my car can be lucky enough to be on the production line as yours.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:05 PM
tatacountry
3rd Gear
I just called ASK-MINI and spoke to someone. Looks like my ALL4 started production today !!

Old 01-13-2012, 01:06 PM
tatacountry
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by donaldq
you ordered in Jan and your car is in production now? How fast! I ordered mine 20 Dec. still no info now, just called askmini, their computer is under maintenance so no status for me. Hopefully my car can be lucky enough to be on the production line as yours.
We ordered on same day, you should try calling ASK-MINI again and speak to a live person instead of the automated system. I just called 2 minutes ago and was given the good news.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:07 PM
donaldq
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tatacountry
I just called ASK-MINI and spoke to someone. Looks like my ALL4 started production today !!
Really? That's an encouraging news, called them around 1:00pm, unable to check for me, will call them later. Looks like we ordered our all4s on the same day.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:08 PM
rfath
4th Gear
ddq - did you order from Mini of Peabody? They took one of their allocated cars and edited the details for me - that's how I ended up knowing roughly when the production would start.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:10 PM
tatacountry
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by donaldq
Really? That's an encouraging news, called them around 1:00pm, unable to check for me, will call them later. Looks like we ordered our all4s on the same day.
Ha! I love our similar signatures. Our All4s are brothers.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:10 PM
donaldq
2nd Gear
ddq - did you order from Mini of Peabody? They took one of their allocated cars and edited the details for me - that's how I ended up knowing roughly when the production would start.
actually I ordered from mini of boston. But with quoting from both of boston and peabody gave me a really good deal. mini of boston edited their build slot for me too.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:14 PM
donaldq
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tatacountry
Ha! I love our similar signatures. Our All4s are brothers.
haha, black and red brothers, I like that.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:48 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
I think the wait is even worse now.

And it's probably going to be agonizing as we wait and WAIT and WAIT for the transport ships once they're completed..

how long does it take for a car to go through the production line?
From what I read it takes 8 days and they usually complete on Fridays, so ours should roll off the line the 20th

Our boats schedules will be a little different because you all are north east (and the one Cali guy gets hosed) but I'm hoping to get on a boat leaving the 25th or 26th because if he doesn't the next boat isn't until the 1st!

The home stretch is going to be the hardest part, but this is where it all seems to be a reality!!!

Yay!!!

Quick Reply: R60 2012 Countryman on order!