1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 2012 Countryman on order!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Cotnballs2000
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The eagle has landed. My ship the Morning Composer docked in Calif today. I guess it will set till Monday when the VDC opens.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:49 PM
hearthand
2nd Gear
Wow...I'm impressed with the amount of information you all are getting. I placed my order 12/29 and still haven't entered the production phase yet. It's a bit frustrating.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:04 AM
Kosmo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMouse17
MY CMS went into production yesterday!!!!!
That's great! Mine shows scheduled for production on owners lounge as of yesterday, but my MA told me mine was in production as of Friday...finally got my VIN

Old 01-29-2012, 07:46 AM
hearthand
2nd Gear
I'm looking forward to seeing the car...but the lack of information available is crazy.
My original order date in 12/29- After 2 weeks of back and forth with my MA, I find out he never place the order and had left the dealership. So my "new" date is 1/16 or 1/17-yet I still am in the "on Order" status. Nearly a month from initial action and no news. My dealership has had a great reputation up til now and we've bought other cars from them, (not mini's)but the Mini experience isn't user friendly so far and I have to believe it's from the top down .... the information on this thread is by far more information than you seem to be able to get from the MA's or the website directly....so thanks...I guess I need to call Ask Mini tomorrow....https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Old 01-29-2012, 08:16 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Kosmo
That's great! Mine shows scheduled for production on owners lounge as of yesterday, but my MA told me mine was in production as of Friday...finally got my VIN
Oh you got your VIN already?! Sweet! Yeah the OL hadn't updated so I emailed my MA and he said my car entered production on the 27th. But no VIN yet.

Originally Posted by hearthand
Wow...I'm impressed with the amount of information you all are getting. I placed my order 12/29 and still haven't entered the production phase yet. It's a bit frustrating.
Have you called your MA and asked about it? That seems like a long time to wait for production.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:33 AM
hearthand
2nd Gear
Unhappy

Yes... I've talked to her... But there's no info

Old 01-29-2012, 08:36 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Wow. Sorry abou that. I know it's got to be maddening. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:38 AM
hearthand
2nd Gear
The original order (12/29).. Was Never entered by the first MA.. 15 days later, when I emailed because I hadn't heard anything, I got a response from the SM and GM apologizing and telling me the salesman was gone and they sent me the order number... But that's it.. I can see the order was placed on 1/16 and updated the 17th for the correct car... But that's all... I spoke with her Friday and she said there was no news.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:51 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
How frustrating. I guess the guy that sold you your car was fired? Or quit?
Just keep asking about it. Maybe they'll throw something in for free... ?

Old 01-29-2012, 08:59 AM
hearthand
2nd Gear
I'm going to get a bit more pro=active I think...;-}

Old 01-29-2012, 03:35 PM
rfath
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DR61
Looks like only one ship in Bremerhaven this afternoon of the 3 that were there yesterday (in this view...). Maybe some of our cars are on the ones that left. Note a train load of VAG cars arriving.
I do so love the wee white wrapping for the VAG cars. WW site still can't find my VIN.

It figures that my old car is going to its new home this week, eh?

*sob*

It's going to be a(n even) long(er) wait...

Old 01-29-2012, 04:10 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rfath
I do so love the wee white wrapping for the VAG cars. WW site still can't find my VIN.

It figures that my old car is going to its new home this week, eh?

*sob*

It's going to be a(n even) long(er) wait...
OMG I know!!! Where are our cars?! They should have been on the Integrity which doesn't even show up other than it has left port!!

All of us with the Mid January build are still sitting there or on a boat and they forgot to tell us...

And we sold our car this week also and definitely did not expect it to sell this fast and it makes it so weird selling one car and not being in another one for almost a whole month!!!

I AM DYING OVER HERE!!!!

Old 01-29-2012, 04:27 PM
FredoinSF
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by lvwtidoSmithBusting
OMG I know!!! Where are our cars?! They should have been on the Integrity which doesn't even show up other than it has left port!!

All of us with the Mid January build are still sitting there or on a boat and they forgot to tell us...

And we sold our car this week also and definitely did not expect it to sell this fast and it makes it so weird selling one car and not being in another one for almost a whole month!!!

I AM DYING OVER HERE!!!!
This brings back fond memories of waiting for my CM to arrive. If you think one month is bad, I sold my Jeep on Oct First and the CM did not get delivered until Dec 28th!!! To be fair, I was ready to pull the triger on a CPO BMW and decided to order the CM and wait... Then there's our 2006 Cooper S that was ordered in August 2005 and was delivered in February 2006.
Regardless, the wait is totally worth it to get exactly what you want. Soon you'll be posting pictures.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:38 PM
rfath
4th Gear
While I'm waiting for our ship to come in... I'm contemplating custom stripes or a wrap for the car... but it's really weird to have to remember that I don't have to design around a hood scoop anymore.

Fredo - what tracks do you run your MCS on?

Old 01-29-2012, 04:44 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by FredoinSF
Regardless, the wait is totally worth it to get exactly what you want. Soon you'll be posting pictures.
I sure hope so! That's what I keep telling myself anyways!!!

I know I'm lucky to be on the East Coast so my wait time is less! I really think if I were on the West Coast I wouldn't have ordered. This has been the longest 2 months of my life!!!

Yeah I'm a bit dramatic, but seriously I'm not good at this waiting thing!!! I have been off the deep end obsessive!!

Old 01-29-2012, 05:59 PM
FredoinSF
6th Gear

Fredo - what tracks do you run your MCS on?
I have taken it to Thunderhill and to Infineon Raceway. The sig shot was at Thunderhill for Hooked on MINI's. That was the most fun because all the cars were similar and the event is really well organized with well defined guidelines for safe passing. It was a total blast.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:02 PM
rfath
4th Gear

I'm jealous of the west coast people having more time in the year for track events. I'm an instructor now, though I'm so so sad that I won't have an R53 for a track car anymore

The east coast tracks are awesome for Minis. Tight, short, corner corner corner. Whee!

Old 01-29-2012, 06:20 PM
DR61
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great that there are some track junkies with new Minis coming. I've done some instructing too and did 12 years of SCCA road racing. I've raced at Sears (Infineon), Laguna, Thunderhill and Portland.

Still haven't figured out if my car is on a vessel or still sitting on the dock, 11 days after it was finished...

Old 01-29-2012, 06:25 PM
FredoinSF
6th Gear

I'm jealous of the west coast people having more time in the year for track events. I'm an instructor now, though I'm so so sad that I won't have an R53 for a track car anymore

The east coast tracks are awesome for Minis. Tight, short, corner corner corner. Whee!
Whee is right! You must have a lot of track time to be an instructor. How fun! Are you doing this with the BMW CCA?

I am now forbidden from taking the R53 to the track since it officially became my partner's car... I have done some Audi events at Infineon. It's not cheap but they supply the car as well as the insurance so I don't get lectured about it. He's just not a car guy and does not get it. Oh well, at least I get to buy the cars I want and I've taught him to drive a stick shift and got him into some fun cars over the years.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:12 PM
ZeeMini
2nd Gear
I called the number and it said my vehicle is awaiting transportation to the port of exit! What? I thought it was released already and at the port waiting for a ship, bugger! I'm really hoping it will make the 2/1 ship Toronto.

I am thinking of listing my Honda for sale, but can't be without transportation!

Old 01-30-2012, 06:41 AM
hearthand
2nd Gear
Well, I called Ask Mini this morning and found out my car still isn't even scheduled for production...30 days waiting today. No idea from them when it might be scheduled.
:(

Old 01-30-2012, 07:38 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ZeeMini
I called the number and it said my vehicle is awaiting transportation to the port of exit! What? I thought it was released already and at the port waiting for a ship, bugger! I'm really hoping it will make the 2/1 ship Toronto.
You and me Both!!! I really thought Rupert was going to make it on the Integrity! All of us Mid January builds are still waiting "patiently"... for a boat!!!

Old 01-30-2012, 07:42 AM
hearthand
2nd Gear
Has there been a shipping delay due to weather in Europe?

Old 01-30-2012, 07:45 AM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
Originally Posted by hearthand
Well, I called Ask Mini this morning and found out my car still isn't even scheduled for production...30 days waiting today. No idea from them when it might be scheduled.
:(
Ouch...As long as you have a production number, it should be built soon. I ordered mine on 1/14 and didnt see any updates on the website until 1/27.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:46 AM
rfath
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DR61
Great that there are some track junkies with new Minis coming. I've done some instructing too and did 12 years of SCCA road racing. I've raced at Sears (Infineon), Laguna, Thunderhill and Portland.

Still haven't figured out if my car is on a vessel or still sitting on the dock, 11 days after it was finished...
I'm jealous! The only wheel-to-wheel I've done so far is Lemons

Next on the list is a dedicated track car, probably a Miata since they're cheap to run, too. The MINI wasn't ever bad or expensive since it runs the same size tires as the Miatas, but fenders are a lot cheaper on the Miata than the MINI..

Quick Reply: R60 2012 Countryman on order!