1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 2012 Countryman on order!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 06:02 AM
Rockland
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rdez79
Mini was discharged in Port of NY. VDC then on to dealer. I hope to pick it up next week!!

if you are waiting for a boat... my vin took a day or so to post on wwl. I checked with openend search to see if any vin showed up. I also saw that Vin's close to mine left on the boat a week before. so I was pretty sure i was going to be on the tortugas. (i even tracked it into Bremerheavan before my mini was on it)

How did you do the open end search? Hoping mine made the ship- it's been sitting at the Port since 1/17!

Old 02-03-2012, 06:34 AM
donaldq
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by lvwtidoSmithBusting
Rupert's not on a boat!!!!!
Mine is not on neither, there are a list of VINs updated yesterday said received at terminal. I guess this means they are still waiting for the next boat. Hopefully next week.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:15 AM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
Yea, my CM4 didnt make it on the Toronto either.... Next ship (Don Juan) is departing 2/7

Old 02-03-2012, 07:19 AM
tatacountry
3rd Gear
Does this mean mine made it onto the Toronto or not? See pic below...

Attached Thumbnails 2012 Countryman on order!-mrt.jpg  
Old 02-03-2012, 07:20 AM
donaldq
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tatacountry
I think so, congrats man, I'm so jealous....!!!

Old 02-03-2012, 07:20 AM
rfath
4th Gear
That's what I get on my VIN search, too.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:23 AM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
Yea it looks like you guys made the ship. Congrats!

Old 02-03-2012, 07:54 AM
tatacountry
3rd Gear
Sweet ! (I hope the rest of you waiting get on the next one!)

Old 02-03-2012, 08:35 AM
jenben04
2nd Gear
Seriously? Ordered 12/20?? What Mini Dealership did you order from that you are getting your Mini so fast?? I ordered from the top selling Mini dealership in America (Passport MINI of Alexandria) and mine STILL isn't on the boat and I ordered in NOVEMBER! This is total crap. I'm calling my MA today!

Old 02-03-2012, 08:37 AM
quirkyesther
1st Gear
How do you find out the estimated completion date? When I called ASK-MINI, they said they don't provide an estimate...

Old 02-03-2012, 08:38 AM
rfath
4th Gear
huh. I thought my dealership claimed to be the top-selling dealership! Do you think they all say that?

jenben - I'd definitely call and ask some pointed questions. If they're selling as many cars as they say, they should have a pretty sizable allocation that they can fit you into..

Old 02-03-2012, 08:39 AM
donaldq
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by quirkyesther
How do you find out the estimated completion date? When I called ASK-MINI, they said they don't provide an estimate...
that means your vehicle is still waiting for production, once production starts, you should get a estimated completion date.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:39 AM
rfath
4th Gear
Originally Posted by quirkyesther
Once the car enters production, they generally give you an estimate for the completion.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:48 AM
quirkyesther
1st Gear
So strange, I just spoke with someone at ASK-MINI and they said that my vehicle is in production, but that they don't have an estimated completion date and that they don't provide one :(

Old 02-03-2012, 08:55 AM
tatacountry
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jenben04
Seriously? Ordered 12/20?? What Mini Dealership did you order from that you are getting your Mini so fast?? I ordered from the top selling Mini dealership in America (Passport MINI of Alexandria) and mine STILL isn't on the boat and I ordered in NOVEMBER! This is total crap. I'm calling my MA today!
I ordered from Princeton MINI in NJ.

"So fast??" - I would say no to that. My car is 1-week behind schedule to meet the 8 week delivery time they told me. So I wouldn't say I'm getting my car "so fast".

You ordered in November and haven't complained yet? I was told 6-8 weeks, and I've been counting down at every step. Right now my best guess is I will have it in 9 weeks from my order date. You should have cancelled your order 3 weeks ago, and searched for one on a lot somewhere else. I wouldn't give that dealer my business.

Last edited by tatacountry; 02-03-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:22 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Yeah it's for sure looking like I missed the Toronto (even though my MiniPerson says to not totally lose hope because it sometimes take a while to get in the system, but I think she's just being nice)! So I'm hoping for the Courage on the 4th! That puts me at probably a little after nine weeks. :(

Congrats to all you who made it on the boat!

I wonder what the system is! There are higher VINs than mine on the boat. I'm guessing the whole 1st in 1st out rule does not apply here!! I'm like the little baby on the stock trading commercial... Just sitting here alone, with a smart phone... Nooo Boddddyyyy Knnnnooooowwwwsss the Troubbleee I'vvveeee Seeeennnnn! Nooo Booddddyyy Knnnnooooowwwwwsss my Sooooorrrrroooooowwwwwssss!!!!
Haha!!

Old 02-03-2012, 09:25 AM
donaldq
2nd Gear
Yeah it's for sure looking like I missed the Toronto (even though my MiniPerson says to not totally lose hope because it sometimes take a while to get in the system, but I think she's just being nice)! So I'm hoping for the Courage on the 4th! That puts me at probably a little after nine weeks. :(

Congrats to all you who made it on the boat!

I wonder what the system is! There are higher VINs than mine on the boat. I'm guessing the whole 1st in 1st out rule does not apply here!! I'm like the little baby on the stock trading commercial... Just sitting here alone, with a smart phone... Nooo Boddddyyyy Knnnnooooowwwwsss the Troubbleee I'vvveeee Seeeennnnn! Nooo Booddddyyy Knnnnooooowwwwwsss my Sooooorrrrroooooowwwwwssss!!!!
Haha!!
my question is are all our CMs going to be shipped by WW only? or there are other ships from other company that we cannot track.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by donaldq
my question is are all our CMs going to be shipped by WW only? or there are other ships from other company that we cannot track.
There is another shipping company used but not nearly as often called K something and I havn't been able to find any way of telling if the car is on their boat! So it is possible some peoples cars (even mine) are on a K ship coming over the ol deep blue. The only way to tell that is if your MiniPerson looks at their fancy screen (which my MiniPerson says takes a bit to update)!

I know I'm a bit dramatic, I'm just so anxious (like everyone here) to get this dang car already!!! Two months took far longer than I realized !

Old 02-03-2012, 09:34 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jenben04
I really feel bad for you! I know it's easy for us to say what we'd do in your shoes because we aren't you, but I really would be beating their door down! I bug my MiniPerson regularly and my car is relatively "on schedule"! Are they not communicating with you at all?!

Old 02-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Rockland
1st Gear
Mine made it on to the Toronto also! Yeah!

Old 02-03-2012, 10:15 AM
DR61
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by donaldq
K Line also ships BMW cars and others from Europe. No Internet tracking unfortunately. My car may be on the K Line vessel , based on a PDF of their schedule I saw a few weeks ago, and the fact that it does not show in WW's site but it is at sea and due in CA on Feb. 22 (according to MA).

There are also other ships under contract from these companies that can't be tracked, as far as I know.

http://www.kline.com/KAMShippingSvcs...n_Services.asp

Old 02-03-2012, 10:18 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DR61
K Line also ships BMW cars and others from Europe. No Internet tracking unfortunately. My car may be on the K Line vessel , based on a PDF of their schedule I saw a few weeks ago, and the fact that it does not show in WW's site but it is at sea and due in CA on Feb. 22 (according to MA).

There are also other ships under contract from these companies that can't be tracked, as far as I know.

http://www.kline.com/KAMShippingSvcs...n_Services.asp
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Just got a text from my super deluxe awesome MiniPerson!! RUPERT'S ON A BOAT!!!! I take back my whole dumb pity party!! And he is being shipped K-line! Crazy!!! I'm going to research it now! I'll let you know if I find anything!!!

Old 02-03-2012, 10:38 AM
rfath
4th Gear
Yay Rupert surprising everyone!

Do I remember something somewhere about being able to track the boat as it's steaming between locations?

Old 02-03-2012, 10:49 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rfath
Yay Rupert surprising everyone!

Do I remember something somewhere about being able to track the boat as it's steaming between locations?
Yay !

I just signed up for this www.vesseltracker.com it's free but has a 24 hour delay for safety reasons! The Mini page that my MiniPerson sent me said the estimated delivery is the 15th! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm happy dancing around the house!!!

Old 02-03-2012, 10:57 AM
tatacountry
3rd Gear
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Just got a text from my super deluxe awesome MiniPerson!! RUPERT'S ON A BOAT!!!! I take back my whole dumb pity party!! And he is being shipped K-line! Crazy!!! I'm going to research it now! I'll let you know if I find anything!!!
That's great! And you ordered on 12/27, a week after me!! You're certainly on the fast track !

Quick Reply: R60 2012 Countryman on order!