1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 2012 Countryman on order!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 10:41 AM
rfath
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SO many lovely cars and so much happiness! I hope that our cars continue to make all of us happy.

I had a bit of an issue when I picked up my car that the steering wheel had a deep scratch. I have to say that I LOVE my dealership and my MA has been beyond fantastic. He's been in touch with me well after the sale to make sure that I'm happy. Just got the phone call that the replacement wheel is in.. the first MINI I ordered had a horrific scratch on it when I picked it up and the sales rep insisted that I must have done it when he wasn't looking. Different dealership, totally different experience.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:45 PM
ChubbyMini
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hearthand
Woo...hooo...Glorious Leader is heading into New York!
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - I NEED A PAPER BAG!

Old 03-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Little-ton
1st Gear
Originally Posted by 52804x4
Looks like I have to retract my last statement!! I just received another email this afternoon saying it will be here tomorrow!!! Sheeesh. . .Make up your minds! "10-14" days in the 9am email. . ."Tomorrow" in the 3pm email!!

Should have it by Fri-Sat!!!
Nice! I think they are told to underpromise and overdeliver to keep the customers happy. I'd be interested to hear how the whole delivery goes, if they throw in anything, etc. Good luck and post pics!

Old 03-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Little-ton
1st Gear
My MA emailed me and said that my car is on a transport truck and should be here next week! Is anyone going with any dealer accessories? I've looked on ebay and it seems you can get the same ones from Prestige MINI in NJ for a bit cheaper...and if you get a number of different things (ie: all weather mats, boot mat, etc) the savings add up. Any thoughts??

Old 03-09-2012, 01:59 PM
froto13
2nd Gear
question for all of you lucky enough to have your countryman or are at least on a ship. when were you able to put your VIN in on the WW website and find out if your car is on that ship? The Talisman is shipping out tomorrow and i am hoping that my CM is on it, but it is yet to show up in the Cargo ID field when searched.... if i have to wait until next week ill cry because the next one takes 15 days instead of 12

any answers would be much appreciated!

Old 03-09-2012, 02:06 PM
agirlnamedroo
2nd Gear
My MA emailed me yesterday to let me know that production has finally begun on Lester. The cool part is that it's due to be completed on 3/17! St. Patricks day! That has to be lucky and very cool that he's green and will be born on St. Pats day.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:14 PM
hearthand
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by froto13
question for all of you lucky enough to have your countryman or are at least on a ship. when were you able to put your VIN in on the WW website and find out if your car is on that ship? The Talisman is shipping out tomorrow and i am hoping that my CM is on it, but it is yet to show up in the Cargo ID field when searched.... if i have to wait until next week ill cry because the next one takes 15 days instead of 12

You probably won't see it until the ship is just about to head out. I think my VIN # showed up the night the ship sailed.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:17 PM
52804x4
5th Gear
Unhappy

Looks like I may not be getting my CMS4 after waiting all this time. Now that he car is here, my auto broker has started shoping for lease and purchase deals. All of which are WAY more than I'm willing to spend! I even have a good chunk of change to put down. Not very happy right now!!!

Old 03-09-2012, 03:23 PM
hearthand
2nd Gear
Looks like I may not be getting my CMS4 after waiting all this time. Now that he car is here, my auto broker has started shoping for lease and purchase deals. All of which are WAY more than I'm willing to spend! I even have a good chunk of change to put down. Not very happy right now!!!
Have you tried running a lease calculator at Edmund's.com...?
That will at least give you a realistic number. I'm having little trouble with the amount the dealer wants me to pay, their math doesn't seem to add up correctly, so I have to sit with the financial people and have them walk me through the hidden charges I can't seem to see....:/

Old 03-09-2012, 03:42 PM
52804x4
5th Gear
Have you tried running a lease calculator at Edmund's.com...?
That will at least give you a realistic number. I'm having little trouble with the amount the dealer wants me to pay, their math doesn't seem to add up correctly, so I have to sit with the financial people and have them walk me through the hidden charges I can't seem to see....:/
I tried that, and I obviously have no clue what to enter, because it keeps coming back with a car payment over $1K!

Old 03-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Red_Baron
1st Gear
Originally Posted by froto13

I am hoping that mine will also be on the Talisman. I have also tried the VIN in the cargo ID field and it says no results found. Let's hope for both our sanity's that they will both be on it and not the Courage or Toscana...

Old 03-09-2012, 04:03 PM
froto13
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Red_Baron
I am hoping that mine will also be on the Talisman. I have also tried the VIN in the cargo ID field and it says no results found. Let's hope for both our sanity's that they will both be on it and not the Courage or Toscana...
i know! the ships not only leave later but have a longer transit period too!! why cant the ship that takes 8 days to get there be leaving tomorrow with my car on board!! haha... im convinced i will go crazy by the time i get this car.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:39 PM
FredoinSF
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh no! I'm confused though, was the price not agreed to at the time of the order?

I tried that, and I obviously have no clue what to enter, because it keeps coming back with a car payment over $1K!

I googled lease calculator and this looks like a site with a fairly straight forward explanation of how to break it all down. http://www.leaseguide.com/lease08.htm
Looks like you need to know a few key numbers and then it should be easy to figure out where the deal came off the rails.

I hope your get your MINI. Good luck!

Old 03-09-2012, 04:53 PM
52804x4
5th Gear
Originally Posted by FredoinSF
Oh no! I'm confused though, was the price not agreed to at the time of the order?

I googled lease calculator and this looks like a site with a fairly straight forward explanation of how to break it all down. http://www.leaseguide.com/lease08.htm
Looks like you need to know a few key numbers and then it should be easy to figure out where the deal came off the rails.

I hope your get your MINI. Good luck!
(Thanks for the link)
There were no numbers talked about at the time I ordered the car. I mentioned I was not comfortable paying MSRP for the car, and was told that's just how it's going to be.

This is the very first car I have ever ordered. It's also the very first time I have used an auto broker instead of walking into the dealership! So I guess I should have educated myself a little more on how it works with ordering a car. I thought it was ordered and we went into negotiations once it arrived! I thought I still had some room to argue about paying MSRP. My auto broker gave me a run down on the percentage rates he was positive he could get me (even without running my credit report). I think he is finding that he is not able to come close to what he thought he was going to get me.

I also ASSumed that lease payments (never ever leased a car before either) were quite a bit lower than a car payment. Everything he's told me so far is that it is only about $20 difference from lease to buy!

Sorry to bring a downer to this thread where everyone should be expressing how excited they are about their CM coming! Now back to your regularly scheduled program. . .

Old 03-09-2012, 05:50 PM
agirlnamedroo
2nd Gear
Aww, I am so sorry. What a bummer. :( I hope you guys can work it out. I have no advice but wanted to lend support and hope that it will all work out.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:52 PM
rfath
4th Gear
Don't despair! Shop around! Really!

My first MINI was a lease. The prices offered by MINI financial were stupid. So I shopped around. Pete, the guy here (http://www.primelease.com/) was awesome to deal with and I ended up with a MUCH better price than anywhere else I was shopping.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:18 PM
pulsetn
1st Gear
Picking up my Pure Red CMS All4 tomorrow! Six and a half weeks from order, which has felt excruciating, but is really pretty quick. Hopefully all will go well. After that, I have to teach myself to drive a manual. I have just enough skill to get me home from the dealership, but I have a lot of learning ahead of me.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:28 PM
52804x4
5th Gear
Originally Posted by agirlnamedroo
Aww, I am so sorry. What a bummer. :( I hope you guys can work it out. I have no advice but wanted to lend support and hope that it will all work out.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by rfath
Don't despair! Shop around! Really!

My first MINI was a lease. The prices offered by MINI financial were stupid. So I shopped around. Pete, the guy here (http://www.primelease.com/) was awesome to deal with and I ended up with a MUCH better price than anywhere else I was shopping.
I did not really hear from my auto broker today, so I think he is in the procces of shopping around for me! He said he wont have the car until Monday, so it will be ready for a mid week delivery. So I assume he may have a trick or two up his sleeve still! :fingerscrossed:

Originally Posted by pulsetn
Picking up my Pure Red CMS All4 tomorrow! Six and a half weeks from order, which has felt excruciating, but is really pretty quick. Hopefully all will go well. After that, I have to teach myself to drive a manual. I have just enough skill to get me home from the dealership, but I have a lot of learning ahead of me.
Congrats!

Old 03-09-2012, 07:20 PM
hearthand
2nd Gear
(Thanks for the link)
There were no numbers talked about at the time I ordered the car. I mentioned I was not comfortable paying MSRP for the car, and was told that's just how it's going to be.

This is the very first car I have ever ordered. It's also the very first time I have used an auto broker instead of walking into the dealership! So I guess I should have educated myself a little more on how it works with ordering a car. I thought it was ordered and we went into negotiations once it arrived! I thought I still had some room to argue about paying MSRP. My auto broker gave me a run down on the percentage rates he was positive he could get me (even without running my credit report). I think he is finding that he is not able to come close to what he thought he was going to get me.

I also ASSumed that lease payments (never ever leased a car before either) were quite a bit lower than a car payment. Everything he's told me so far is that it is only about $20 difference from lease to buy!

Sorry to bring a downer to this thread where everyone should be expressing how excited they are about their CM coming! Now back to your regularly scheduled program. . .
You can also figure out much of the numbers right from the Mini site. If you look at your build, that's your MSRP, subtract your down...the average depreciation is 60% ...
Using a lease calculator and plugging in the numbers is pretty easy from that point. My dealer sent we a whacky number and I recalculated it using one of the lease calc sites and figured a way to save almost $60.00 per month by NOT financing their charges...the site Rfath put up looks promising...

Old 03-09-2012, 07:56 PM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
I was supposed to pick up the CM4 today...Took a day off from work and even scheduled the tint job the following day.

My MA called me at 8am this morning saying my car arrived at the dealers, but the Certificate of Origin didn't . Without this paperwork, they can't sell me the car. He was hoping that it will get fedex today, but it didn't. I have to wait until Monday to pick it up.

It's going to be a long weekend....

Old 03-09-2012, 08:15 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Originally Posted by aznqtboy984
I was supposed to pick up the CM4 today...Took a day off from work and even scheduled the tint job the following day.

My MA called me at 8am this morning saying my car arrived at the dealers, but the Certificate of Origin didn't . Without this paperwork, they can't sell me the car. He was hoping that it will get fedex today, but it didn't. I have to wait until Monday to pick it up.

It's going to be a long weekend....
Where does the certificate of origin come from? The bank?

Old 03-09-2012, 09:00 PM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMouse17
Where does the certificate of origin come from? The bank?
no it's from BMW. It's some kind of paperwork (title?) the dealer needs to sell the car to me. My MA said the paperwork usually comes a day after the car is delivered to the dealers, but there was a system glitch at BMW that delayed this.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:35 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Oh ok. My car is due at the dealership on the 18th, which is a Sunday. I'm not sure how all of this works but I think we're hoping to pick up MINIme on the 19th.
My boat is at Brunswick now so it won't be long now!!!

Old 03-10-2012, 07:47 AM
hearthand
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ChubbyMini
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - I NEED A PAPER BAG!
any word from your MA?

Old 03-10-2012, 09:41 AM
ChubbyMini
3rd Gear
any word from your MA?
I have not, I usually have to initiate contact. I figured I would wait until Tuesday or so to shoot an email over. How about on your end?

Quick Reply: R60 2012 Countryman on order!