1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 2012 Countryman on order!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 09:53 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChubbyMini
I have not, I usually have to initiate contact. I figured I would wait until Tuesday or so to shoot an email over. How about on your end?
Our MA is the same way. We have to initiate contact but that doesn't always mean we get a response. So I've been contacting the sales manager.
Not sure how to deal with the MA since he doesn't seem very involved. I'm hoping for a great experience picking up MINIme.
What else has everyone done on pickup day? Did you get your MA's to show you stuff about your car, did you buy accessories? I'd love to hear about your experiences...

Old 03-10-2012, 10:02 AM
FredoinSF
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
You should be looking at which accessories you want. The dealer will contact you a couple of days before delivery so they can be ordered and installed in time for delivery. At this stage of the game, the last thing you want is an accessory that is not a "do it yourself" install delay delivery.
Just prior to delivery is the best time to negociate a good price on accessories and install labor with your dealership. Once you sign the paperwork you are dealing with the parts / service dept list price or shopping on the internet.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:59 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
The only accessory we're getting from the dealer is the mudflaps and we're installing those ourself. We'll do clear-bra from another guy we know and window tint will come later.
Thanks for the heads up though.
What accessories did you get the dealer to install?

Old 03-10-2012, 10:59 AM
tybeegirl
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMouse17
Our MA is the same way. We have to initiate contact but that doesn't always mean we get a response. So I've been contacting the sales manager.
Not sure how to deal with the MA since he doesn't seem very involved. I'm hoping for a great experience picking up MINIme.
What else has everyone done on pickup day? Did you get your MA's to show you stuff about your car, did you buy accessories? I'd love to hear about your experiences...
My MA spent a bunch of time going over the radio/computer "you-ification".--set up We looked over my baby and he showed us the boot and the seat configs. and under the hood--oops, bonnet! We had gone over it some when we test drove but he was very thorough and it helped a lot. Found some sticky stuff left over from the wrap--he sent it back down for a wash. That sort of thing...

Old 03-10-2012, 02:27 PM
FredoinSF
6th Gear
The only accessory we're getting from the dealer is the mudflaps and we're installing those ourself. We'll do clear-bra from another guy we know and window tint will come later.
Thanks for the heads up though.
What accessories did you get the dealer to install?
They charged me 15 mminutes of labor to install the wheel locks which did not make me too happy. Good thing I told them not to install the roof rack!!! I also got a kayak holder, rubber mats, and a tire new tire pressure gauge. The bike holder is being recycled from a previous BMW.

My MA normally works on the BMW side of the house but was doing overflow work at the MINI store the day I ordered the car. He was not all that familiar with the MINI but I did not really want a 2 hour delivery anyway since I am pretty familiar with the controls. I only had a few questions which he did not know the answer to. I asked him about removing the flat load floor and he said it could not be removed (this turned out to be false information), and I asked him to confirm if pressing the double lock would disable the alarm's motion sensor and he said he did not know (it does.) The one thing I insisted on was having the Sirius radio activated before I would drive off. He and I fumbled through that. I did not respond to the survey because we had a much more enthusiastic and knowledgeable MA when we bought the first MINI, but on the other hand I almost felt bad for the poor guy since he happened to be filling in the day I pulled the trigger and he did give us an early bench production slot.

I absolutely love the car and have no regrets. Nice to see more people getting theirs very soon.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:37 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
We're also getting rubber mats. The only other thing I'm slightly worried about is the day we pick up my car will likely be the same day we get the clear bra which means we may not have a whole lot of time at the dealer. But if my MA is available and wants to show me the way around MINI Connected, I'll take that. I've played around with the flat load floor and the seats. The only thing I'm not completely comfortable with are the controls and key fob, but I feel like I can figure that out by looking at the OM.
I'm slightly worried about the relationship or lack thereof with my MA. We've never met face to face, but he doesn't communicate with us at all, unless we initiate and even then it's hard to get a response.

Regardless, I'm very excited to be getting my car soon and hope that everything goes smoothly!

Old 03-10-2012, 03:28 PM
hearthand
2nd Gear
I have not, I usually have to initiate contact. I figured I would wait until Tuesday or so to shoot an email over. How about on your end?
I got an VM yesterday (friday) but I sent her a email last night with financing questions and haven't heard anything today at all...Maybe monday....she's off tuesdays so i probably won't hear anything after that til Thursday....

Old 03-10-2012, 04:16 PM
FredoinSF
6th Gear
{snip} I'm slightly worried about the relationship or lack thereof with my MA. We've never met face to face, but he doesn't communicate with us at all, unless we initiate and even then it's hard to get a response.

Regardless, I'm very excited to be getting my car soon and hope that everything goes smoothly!

Yeah, my MA was not very communicative either. To be honest I think they get tired of answering the question "when's my car coming?" over and over again when the real answer is "I don't for sure." Their job is to sell cars, but the communication is part of it as well. I tried to stick to email and only called a couple of times during the whole process: Once when it looked like I was going to lose the MotoTober rebate due to the car sitting in Bremerhaven and missing two boats to Port Hueneme. The second time was when I almost bailed for a CPO 3 series.

Now that you're getting really close your MA should be initiating contact about those accessories and setting a delivery date. Hang in there, those last few days get really tough. The last hurdle you need to clear is having the car released to a carrier and then your MA should know for sure when it will be at the dealership.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:37 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Originally Posted by FredoinSF
Yeah, my MA was not very communicative either. To be honest I think they get tired of answering the question "when's my car coming?" over and over again when the real answer is "I don't for sure." Their job is to sell cars, but the communication is part of it as well. I tried to stick to email and only called a couple of times during the whole process: Once when it looked like I was going to lose the MotoTober rebate due to the car sitting in Bremerhaven and missing two boats to Port Hueneme. The second time was when I almost bailed for a CPO 3 series.

Now that you're getting really close your MA should be initiating contact about those accessories and setting a delivery date. Hang in there, those last few days get really tough. The last hurdle you need to clear is having the car released to a carrier and then your MA should know for sure when it will be at the dealership.
The car is already in the US. It rode over on The Florida Highway. I had to talk to the sales manager to even get an estimate of arrival at the dealership. If our MA calls to ask about accessories I'll be surprised. I'll probably be emailing or calling the sales manager again this next week to find out if they do have an exact date of arrival at the dealership. Should be being loaded onto a truck now. I'm hoping for sooner rather than later. But at any rate, the 18th is only 8 days away!!

Old 03-11-2012, 06:42 AM
ChubbyMini
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only accessory we're getting from the dealer is the mudflaps and we're installing those ourself.
I am doing the same as install labor was 149usd more then the cost of the mud flaps - i think that's a tad inappropriate - I was wanting to add the all weather mats & roof rack but I think I'll just purchase those online.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:37 AM
Red_Baron
1st Gear
Mine made it on the Talisman and left port on 3/10 with ETA in Baltimore of 3/22. Getting closer now!!! My VIN worked on the Track and Trace when I entered it into the Cargo ID box.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:53 AM
FoosYou
2nd Gear
I see my Mini has made its way across the pond to the VDC! Too bad I hear that's the worst part of the wait : /

Old 03-12-2012, 06:39 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
I am doing the same as install labor was 149usd more then the cost of the mud flaps - i think that's a tad inappropriate - I was wanting to add the all weather mats & roof rack but I think I'll just purchase those online.
Chubby, I completely agree! How they can charge that, is beyond me. We'll check out the thread on the do-it-yourself mudflaps and make it a family project!

Waiting to see if we'll hear from our MA this week. As everyone else says, he should be calling this week to sell accessories and give us definite time of arrival. But we shall see.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:23 AM
froto13
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Red_Baron
Mine made it on the Talisman and left port on 3/10 with ETA in Baltimore of 3/22. Getting closer now!!! My VIN worked on the Track and Trace when I entered it into the Cargo ID box.
MY MINI MADE IT TOO!!! AAAAHHHH! i checked all night saturday and about three times yesterday and thought i missed it. but it must not have updated over the weekend! here to fast sailing!

Old 03-12-2012, 07:36 AM
FoosYou
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Red_Baron
Worked for me too! Looks like mine might be on a truck already

Old 03-12-2012, 10:02 AM
bmwr606
6th Gear
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
my countryman is on the Talisman also!

countdown begins......10 days til port

Last edited by bmwr606; 03-12-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-12-2012, 10:16 AM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
Certificate Origin came in! Picking up the car after work. If there's still daylight, I will take a pic and post!! So excited!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 11:07 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Originally Posted by aznqtboy984
Certificate Origin came in! Picking up the car after work. If there's still daylight, I will take a pic and post!! So excited!!!
Congrats!!

Old 03-12-2012, 12:09 PM
froto13
2nd Gear
For those on the talisman does it say that you are "loaded on vessel"? i think i may have jumped the gun a little bit ... it says that i was booked on the Talisman, but as of yet its not showing up on the tracking website it still just says "received at terminal" no im getting worried. i hope its on there but i may be wrong.... what do you guys think?

Attached Thumbnails 2012 Countryman on order!-picture-thingy.jpg  

Last edited by froto13; 03-12-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: additional sentence
Old 03-12-2012, 02:41 PM
tybeegirl
3rd Gear
Chubby, I completely agree! How they can charge that, is beyond me. We'll check out the thread on the do-it-yourself mudflaps and make it a family project!

Waiting to see if we'll hear from our MA this week. As everyone else says, he should be calling this week to sell accessories and give us definite time of arrival. But we shall see.
I originally ordered mudflaps but when my MA told me how much they cost to install--I passed. Please post pix. I would like to see the surf blue with flaps--mostly I have seen flaps in red or white!

Old 03-12-2012, 02:59 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Originally Posted by tybeegirl
I originally ordered mudflaps but when my MA told me how much they cost to install--I passed. Please post pix. I would like to see the surf blue with flaps--mostly I have seen flaps in red or white!
I will most def post pics once we get them on. I may even take pics as we go.
I'm thinking someone else with a surf blue had posted pics of their mudflap install, but I'm not sure who it was now.

Getting excited!! Just found out my custom GoBadge has finally been completed and has been shipped today! Didn't think I'd have it in time for MINIme's arrival!

Old 03-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Red_Baron
1st Gear
Originally Posted by froto13
For those on the talisman does it say that you are "loaded on vessel"? i think i may have jumped the gun a little bit ... it says that i was booked on the Talisman, but as of yet its not showing up on the tracking website it still just says "received at terminal" no im getting worried. i hope its on there but i may be wrong.... what do you guys think?
Mine says the same as yours, but I also got conformation from my MA that it was sailing on the Talisman.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:32 PM
ChubbyMini
3rd Gear
I couldn't take it, had to email the MA. GOOD NEWS - GOOD NEWS - My CMSa4 was released to the carrier today but hadn't hit the road yet - They said it should arrive any day.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:40 PM
FredoinSF
6th Gear
I couldn't take it, had to email the MA. GOOD NEWS - GOOD NEWS - My CMSa4 was released to the carrier today but hadn't hit the road yet - They said it should arrive any day.
Awesome! Once you're released to a carrier, it's like having the finish line in sight!

Old 03-12-2012, 04:40 PM
52804x4
5th Gear
My Auto Broker got the car today! The clear bra is on, and the windows will be tinted in the AM. I will take delivery Wed morning!! I decided to bite the bullet and deal with the higher payment! I just want my car dang it!!!!

Quick Reply: R60 2012 Countryman on order!