1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 2012 Countryman on order!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 10:32 PM
stevielaine
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine too was on the Topeka...unfortunately I am in Northern Cali so I have to wait for them to truck it up here BUT my MA says hopefully by Tuesday!!! [/QUOTE]

It took Sargent 3 days to get manifested and trucked down to San Diego; good luck. The wait is so worth it! Here's to Tuesday[/QUOTE]

Here's to Tuesday indeed! Can't wait!!!

Old 06-04-2012, 04:08 PM
jasontom
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I finally did it! After months and months of tireless researching, debating on colors and options, many hours of test driving, I pulled the trigger today, June 4th, and placed my order for "Kawby", my 2012 Cosmic Blue Countryman S! I am so excited....and now the stalking, and agonizing waiting begins........I got my production number as well as I took a dealer spot!!

Just for reference I was able to get $1,500.00 off MSRP and they are going to throw in free window tinting ($300.00 value) upon delivery! I feel ok with how it all went down. Marco, at Moritz MINI in Arlington, Texas (Cowboys World) is awesome!! Woot!!!

Old 06-04-2012, 05:45 PM
pyrrhusmj
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jasontom
Well, I finally did it! After months and months of tireless researching, debating on colors and options, many hours of test driving, I pulled the trigger today, June 4th, and placed my order for "Kawby", my 2012 Cosmic Blue Countryman S! I am so excited....and now the stalking, and agonizing waiting begins........I got my production number as well as I took a dealer spot!!

Just for reference I was able to get $1,500.00 off MSRP and they are going to throw in free window tinting ($300.00 value) upon delivery! I feel ok with how it all went down. Marco, at Moritz MINI in Arlington, Texas (Cowboys World) is awesome!! Woot!!!

Awesome. Marco is my MA also. If you are new to mini's, might want to check out Metroplex Minis if you haven't yet. My car is in, I just can't pick it up until the weekend :(.

Michael

Old 06-04-2012, 05:59 PM
jasontom
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by pyrrhusmj
Awesome. Marco is my MA also. If you are new to mini's, might want to check out Metroplex Minis if you haven't yet. My car is in, I just can't pick it up until the weekend :(.

Michael
Hey Michael,

Awesome to see someone else from the area. This is my first MINI so I would love to get involved in Metroplex MINI! What MINI are you picking up? I was just there ordering mine today and saw one with a sold sign on the showroom floor.....

Old 06-04-2012, 06:11 PM
pyrrhusmj
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jasontom
Hey Michael,

Awesome to see someone else from the area. This is my first MINI so I would love to get involved in Metroplex MINI! What MINI are you picking up? I was just there ordering mine today and saw one with a sold sign on the showroom floor.....
A Surf Blue All4.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:07 AM
mufan
Neutral
Finally ordered mine. Was hesistant because downsizing quite a bit from a Nissan Armada and the fact that I'm 6'-8". But was amazed at how much room was designed into the car. Haven't received production number yet which just adds to anticipation.

Stats: S All4, auto, absolute black body and roof, cold pkg, tech, premium, rear bench, sunroof, black 5 spoke wheels, Xeon, white turn signals

#can'twait

Old 06-13-2012, 06:11 AM
pdoel
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mufan
Finally ordered mine. Was hesistant because downsizing quite a bit from a Nissan Armada and the fact that I'm 6'-8". But was amazed at how much room was designed into the car. Haven't received production number yet which just adds to anticipation.
I had SUVs for years. (I also have a turbo New Beetle) Every winter when I'd quit driving the Beetle, I'd dread having the SUV as my only vehicle. Just didn't have the fun factor. So I traded the last one in 5 years ago on an A3. Figured it would still be somewhat practical, but a lot more fun. I was partially right. Turned out to be much more practical than I thought. Met my needs perfectly, and can still carry quite a bit in it.

I think the CM All4 will be even better. Same size (basically) as my A3, but with the added benefit of AWD.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:30 AM
mufan
Neutral
Originally Posted by pdoel
I had SUVs for years. (I also have a turbo New Beetle) Every winter when I'd quit driving the Beetle, I'd dread having the SUV as my only vehicle. Just didn't have the fun factor. So I traded the last one in 5 years ago on an A3. Figured it would still be somewhat practical, but a lot more fun. I was partially right. Turned out to be much more practical than I thought. Met my needs perfectly, and can still carry quite a bit in it.

I think the CM All4 will be even better. Same size (basically) as my A3, but with the added benefit of AWD.

We have another suv in the family so I came to the conclusion that we really didn't need two. Plus I'm not going to missing the gas bill. My fuel economy should almost double.

I agree that it will a ton more fun to drive. I just always thought I needed a big car for my stature and sacrificed the fun factor. Oh well. 6-8 weeks and it should be here. The sooner the better.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:26 AM
mufan
Neutral
Originally Posted by mufan

Stats: S All4, auto, absolute black body and roof, cold pkg, tech, premium, rear bench, sunroof, black 5 spoke wheels, Xeon, white turn signals

#can'twait
Taking delivery on Monday (7/30), the wait seemed longer than 8 weeks but i guess that is just from the anticipation. Have the tinting and clear bra scheduled for next week and then I'll be ready too motor.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:32 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
My guess for my CMS at this point is the Bess or the Torino. They leave on the 2nd and 6th of April respectively, but both are scheduled to arrive in San Diego on 1 May...