R60 2012 Countryman on order!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 04:29 PM
ryanhaddad
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rfg123
Likewise, no records found. Boo...
No record found for mine either. I'm in Dallas.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:01 PM
mrk5n
3rd Gear
Sorry to hear about that guys, keep trying the tracking site maybe they are slow to update. Hard to believe more didn't make it on board. Perhaps getting in touch with your Gen Mgr or Sales Mgr who would know where their allocations stand. I havent heard a peep out of my MA in 5 wks

Old 08-25-2011, 08:07 PM
DDMNYC
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mrk5n
Sorry to hear about that guys, keep trying the tracking site maybe they are slow to update. Hard to believe more didn't make it on board. Perhaps getting in touch with your Gen Mgr or Sales Mgr who would know where their allocations stand. I havent heard a peep out of my MA in 5 wks
Thanks for the support - we're definitely all eager to get our CMs once we deicide to go for it. The whole ship/transport thing seems a bit random, but patience, right?

Bottom line - worth the wait

Old 08-27-2011, 11:39 AM
countryman-s
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i ordered my crystal silver/black top countryman-s on 7/18/11, and on 8/24/11 production is complete. mini usa shows awaiting trans, so today 8/27/11 im still monitoring the port webcam for my first possible glimps of her. i called ask mini and the automated service says the car is at the port awaiting a ship! it seem from reading the posts, there should be a train full of countrymans at the port.

Last edited by countryman-s; 08-27-2011 at 11:41 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-27-2011, 02:39 PM
runningman
3rd Gear
Just ordered my CM today. I had been researching for months with the "plan" to go Clubman. I was in love with the Hampton Edition in particular. Have had my current MINI for 6 years and while its mainly a commuter car/fun car for me, with 3 growing kids I need some more back seat room.

Funny, initially I didn't really care for the CM when I saw it, but it just seemed to grow on me. Finally took one for a test drive and I was sold.

Specs: Exterior: Cosmic Blue and Black, Anthracite rims, blacked out headlight housing, xenons, front fogs, Interior: Carbon black/piano black/Gravity leather black seats/rear bench to seat 5, anthracite headliner, sunroof, H/K stereo, auto A/C, bluetooth/ipod adapter.

Now the long wait, delivery not likely until December because of the rear seats.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:38 AM
WMW
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
On th Elektra

Hi all. My dealer today confirmed that my crystal silver/black top Countryman All4 is on the Elektra, and was finally able to track the VIN. Been waiting since April. . . Thanks for all the tracking tips!

Last edited by WMW; 08-28-2011 at 11:39 AM. Reason: add words
Old 08-28-2011, 01:19 PM
DDMNYC
1st Gear
Originally Posted by WMW
Hi all. My dealer today confirmed that my crystal silver/black top Countryman All4 is on the Elektra, and was finally able to track the VIN. Been waiting since April. . . Thanks for all the tracking tips!
Always great to hear another CM literally made in on the "boat" !

Wish I could figure out how to use the tracker tips with an Apple MacBook - seems that when the link connects it just hangs....

Any thoughts out there?

Old 08-28-2011, 01:31 PM
WMW
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DDMNYC
Always great to hear another CM literally made in on the "boat" !

Wish I could figure out how to use the tracker tips with an Apple MacBook - seems that when the link connects it just hangs....

Any thoughts out there?
I could not get it to work on my ipad too. I was able to search on my Windows7 PC.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:36 PM
DDMNYC
1st Gear
Thanks!

Originally Posted by WMW
I could not get it to work on my ipad too. I was able to search on my Windows7 PC.
Well just checked in with AskMini and learned that my CM is at the dock and "awaiting transport".

On the bright side, easy automated system to use and well...compared to some of our CM partners out there waiting on a bench seat or nav/connected, guess I should count myself lucky that it's on the way.

Thanks again for the tip and enjoy your CM...

Old 08-28-2011, 01:40 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Seems like there is an incompatibility problem. Probably a fix will be forthcoming for the next time we order our MINI's,

Old 08-28-2011, 02:05 PM
DDMNYC
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mrluckypa
Seems like there is an incompatibility problem. Probably a fix will be forthcoming for the next time we order our MINI's,
I'll keep my fingers crossed...but heck...I've never had this much fun with a car before...the MINI community is different.

While I don't want to wait f o r e v e r....still, it's all good.

Here's to windy roads in Autumn with a couple of close friends/family to enjoy those first long CM drives with....

Old 08-28-2011, 02:26 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Here here!!!! It's going to be a great autumn. My wife and I are going to take weekend trips to enjoy our new baby. As soon as I get the info that ours is on the Otello, I will let you know as yours will probably be there too.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:31 PM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 230 Likes on 194 Posts
Looks like I missed the west coast boat yesterday. Kind of disappointing that my car was done over a week before the boat left, but still didn't make it. Oh well, hopefully it will be on the next one in two weeks.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:44 PM
WMW
3rd Gear
Well just checked in with AskMini and learned that my CM is at the dock and "awaiting transport".

On the bright side, easy automated system to use and well...compared to some of our CM partners out there waiting on a bench seat or nav/connected, guess I should count myself lucky that it's on the way.

Thanks again for the tip and enjoy your CM...
My experience with AskMini is that they are always behind. It was at least a couple of days after my CM was at sea that AskMini reported that i had left the port....good luck.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:09 PM
DDMNYC
1st Gear
Keep Calm...and Carry On

Originally Posted by mrluckypa
Here here!!!! It's going to be a great autumn. My wife and I are going to take weekend trips to enjoy our new baby. As soon as I get the info that ours is on the Otello, I will let you know as yours will probably be there too.
Well MrLuckyPa...we'll have our new additions soon...

Old 08-28-2011, 07:29 PM
mrk5n
3rd Gear
when the link connects it just hangs....
Any thoughts out there?
This sometimes happens to me but when I copy the base link (e.g. https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb before it adds the /ocean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage at the end) and paste it in a new browser window and hit enter it loads fine

(running vista and IE9)

Old 08-28-2011, 08:25 PM
ryanhaddad
2nd Gear
Gotta visit the site using Firefox. It doesn't seem to work in Safari or Chrome for me, but it works just fine in Firefox. Go figure.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:31 AM
goatherd
1st Gear
Smile Ship

My CM is booked on the Tugela. The shipping site didn't record the information until the actual booking from Mini was made. The WL website says that my CM has been received at the terminal, but no update as to actually being on the boat :(. The ship is scheduled to be underway today with a stop in Belgium, Southampton, and then on its way across the Atlantic with it arriving in Baltimore September 9th. Patience . . . .

Old 08-29-2011, 05:24 AM
skids
2nd Gear
My VIN is still not showing up on the tracking but my MA said it was on the boat scheduled for a 9/7 arrival in Brunswick so there may be hope for some of you that can't find tracking info.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Miles30
1st Gear
My wife and I placed our order almost 3 weeks ago. Checked the MINI tracking yesterday and the status was "Scheduled for Production." At 7:30 this morning it was updated to "Awaiting Transport," which means we'll receive it sooner than we were told (first part of November).

Since we weren't willing to walk away, we paid MSRP which is the first time I've EVER done that! We got the Countryman for our dog but it sure will be a FUN dog car! Our original choice was a Ford Escape...functional but not very fun.

Specifics: Cooper S Countryman, light coffee, white top, carbon black leatherette, Steptronic, universal garage door opener, auto-dimming mirror, Anthracite headliner, bluetooth/USB adapter, flat load floor, 2-part center rail, and sport package (w/18" anthracite wheels).

Old 08-29-2011, 12:08 PM
MontanaMini
2nd Gear
My Countryman was "Scheduled for Production" on Friday (according to my salesman, though the website showed that status a full week before) and today is "Awaiting Transport"
It's been 4 years since I went through the for.ev.er. wait, so I can't remember how to check what ship it's supposed to be on, or even what the timeline is from here...? Since the dealership is in Denver, I'm pretty sure the port is LA, so transport can take longer. Just wish I had some kind of specific date to look forward to and countdown to...

Old 08-29-2011, 12:13 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Miles30, so there are others who orded the light coffee color. It is so nice especially when the sun shines on it. Patience, it will get there. Even at MSRP it's not bad.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:31 PM
BayGirl22
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Miles30
My wife and I placed our order almost 3 weeks ago. Checked the MINI tracking yesterday and the status was "Scheduled for Production." At 7:30 this morning it was updated to "Awaiting Transport," which means we'll receive it sooner than we were told (first part of November).

Since we weren't willing to walk away, we paid MSRP which is the first time I've EVER done that! We got the Countryman for our dog but it sure will be a FUN dog car! Our original choice was a Ford Escape...functional but not very fun.

Specifics: Cooper S Countryman, light coffee, white top, carbon black leatherette, Steptronic, universal garage door opener, auto-dimming mirror, Anthracite headliner, bluetooth/USB adapter, flat load floor, 2-part center rail, and sport package (w/18" anthracite wheels).
I'm also waiting for light coffee with white top, so maybe we are in the same production run. I just called and mine is in production scheduled to finish by 8/31. So we may have started at the same time but you finished ahead of me due to options (I got MINI Connected and different packages). Hope mine gets here earlier than expected too!

BTW- that is one lucky dog.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:38 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Baygirl,

Awesome!!!!! Great choice.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:40 PM
broussardc
2nd Gear
I just talked to my MA and I'm on the "California Highway" which is a K-Line vessel. ETA is 9/7

Quick Reply: R60 2012 Countryman on order!