1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 CMS pricing in the Southeast

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011 | 11:45 AM
Farva
|
Neutral
CMS pricing in the Southeast

What kind of discounts are people getting on the Countryman S in the Southeast? I'm near Atlanta, but would be willing to go to a dealer in FL, NC, SC, or TN for a deal. I've searched inventories of dealers in all of these states, but don't see anything close to what I want. So I'm looking to order a 2012 and would like to find a dealer that will work on an invoice+ or MSRP- type of arrangement. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Old 08-03-2011 | 12:08 PM
buddy lee
3rd Gear
Good luck =(

Old 08-03-2011 | 12:37 PM
aeiron
1st Gear
I'm in the market for a Countryman S also and asked the same question on the SoCal forums. Just curious what kinds of deals people are getting on ordered cars, or how to ask for them and what dealers people prefer. Hope you get your answer.

Old 08-03-2011 | 02:13 PM
pyrrhusmj
4th Gear
Some folks have managed discounts, but those are very rare. THis tends to be a MSRP car only. Your best bet is to find a stock one you like in the next few weeks since the '12's will start appearing. With that said, my usual MINI dealer is almost fully out of their 2011 Countryman's.

Michael

Old 08-03-2011 | 04:27 PM
Mojito
5th Gear
see if anyone will do costco pricing. most won't, but maybe you can get lucky

Old 08-04-2011 | 07:32 AM
Mad TKD
2nd Gear
I used USAA for my pricing on both my new CM and R57S. Dealer honored it and pricing was 1000 over invoice

Old 08-04-2011 | 06:47 PM
Rktcyntst
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mad TKD
I used USAA for my pricing on both my new CM and R57S. Dealer honored it and pricing was 1000 over invoice
Using USAA here & got $700 off MSRP. Better than nothing given the other dealer in town won't do squat. Happy to get something given it's an order and not off the lot.

Old 08-05-2011 | 08:19 AM
bbruins1
1st Gear
I got all the way down to the finance department, the numbers weren't what my MA quoted so in order to get me where I wanted to be the SM had to discount the car $1000.00.... he did it. However, I was prepared to pay MSRP. I wouldn't use that as a tactic to get the price reduced because that is pretty shady, but it proves that there is some money there to play with. That said if your not willing to pay MSRP, they guy behind you is.

Old 08-05-2011 | 10:38 AM
buddy lee
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bbruins1
I got all the way down to the finance department, the numbers weren't what my MA quoted so in order to get me where I wanted to be the SM had to discount the car $1000.00.... he did it. However, I was prepared to pay MSRP. I wouldn't use that as a tactic to get the price reduced because that is pretty shady, but it proves that there is some money there to play with. That said if your not willing to pay MSRP, they guy behind you is.
Funny, I walked out of my local dealer TWICE (once over negotiating my trade-in value, the second time over interest rate) and they didn't try to take anything off MSRP to try to get me back in the door. I even wrote the General Manager an email the night I walked for the 2nd time and he called the next day to fudge the interest rate a little bit but it wasn't enough.

If he wanted to (from what I read here), he could have taken $700 off the Mini to get my business but decided not to? Why let someone walk over that, especially when you're going to win on the trade-in as well?

True to my word, I drove 2 hours to the next closest dealer and got a deal done there. The deal was still at MSRP but they gave me $1k more for my trade than the other dealer was willing to do. So whether I got the $1k off MSRP or got it added to trade value, it doesn't matter. Look at the overall deal, don't get hung up on a particular number.

Old 08-05-2011 | 12:15 PM
Tahoe Ed
1st Gear
I was able to negotiate $800 off. I know not much but, I came in $900 under my budget overall so I was happy. This was in Northern NV.

Old 08-10-2011 | 02:57 PM
Newdl
5th Gear
Originally Posted by buddy lee
Funny, I walked out of my local dealer TWICE (once over negotiating my trade-in value, the second time over interest rate) and they didn't try to take anything off MSRP to try to get me back in the door. I even wrote the General Manager an email the night I walked for the 2nd time and he called the next day to fudge the interest rate a little bit but it wasn't enough.

If he wanted to (from what I read here), he could have taken $700 off the Mini to get my business but decided not to? Why let someone walk over that, especially when you're going to win on the trade-in as well?

True to my word, I drove 2 hours to the next closest dealer and got a deal done there. The deal was still at MSRP but they gave me $1k more for my trade than the other dealer was willing to do. So whether I got the $1k off MSRP or got it added to trade value, it doesn't matter. Look at the overall deal, don't get hung up on a particular number.
What makes you think he was going to "win" on the trade-in? Not all dealerships run trades through the same system and values do vary from store to store.

He will sell that CTM at MSRP. That is why he didn't take $700 off to earn your business. He earned someone else's business at MSRP.

No offense!

Old 08-10-2011 | 05:44 PM
Ben
2nd Gear
I went through the "process" last weekend. Actually the guys were very good and it was not a typical dealer experience. It was simialar to my first new MINI buying experience - very good.

I ended up with $700 off MSRP on the 2012 I ordered. They were very aggressive with one they had in stock with some of my prerequisites (no s/r, must be manual trans) but I couldn't get comfortable with the color, leather and wheels. We were working at thier invoice on that one - well over $1500 off MSRP. It had about 300 demo miles on it.

My MINI buying experiences have been very positive. Second time around and as long as the car gets here in a month or two all I can say is good.

Old 08-11-2011 | 11:48 AM
buddy lee
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Newdl
What makes you think he was going to "win" on the trade-in? Not all dealerships run trades through the same system and values do vary from store to store.

He will sell that CTM at MSRP. That is why he didn't take $700 off to earn your business. He earned someone else's business at MSRP.

No offense!
No offense taken.

Then again, that CMS I walked on is still there 45 days later. Oh well.

Old 08-11-2011 | 10:10 PM
minikari
2nd Gear
I got about 1000 off msrp of custom ordered countryman, and 2K more for my trade in....but it wasn't easy!