1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Production Complete, Now to find my ship... :confused:

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 09:35 PM
mrk5n
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by countryman-s
i found a link once that tracks your car by the vin number, but i cannot find it now.
here you go (only for WWL) https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb

Old 08-25-2011, 08:22 AM
countryman-s
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrk5n
here you go (only for WWL) https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb

thank you again mrk5n.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:05 PM
goatherd
1st Gear
Smile Shipping Info

My countryman just showed up on the WW website. It is on the Tugela departing the 29th of August to Baltimore around the 10th of September. Sure is exciting when it pops up the 1st time on the WW track and trace website. . . . . Hope hurricane Irene doesn't screw up the passage from Europe.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:52 PM
camminich
5th Gear
Hey congratz. Are you picking up through DnR? From my arrival at the VDC (or VDP) in Baltimore to the dealer was only about 5 days!

Old 08-26-2011, 06:07 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Try this

Once you have determined what ship you are going to be loaded onto, you can use the AIS Live site (http://www.ais-live.co.uk/AIS%20Live...uthampton.html) to track your ship as it comes and goes from the Southampton Port! After you are loaded onto a ship, you are at the mercy of the sea while you await your MINI delivery. You can however follow your ship through the Atlantic (until Halifax, NS or the Panama Canal whichever is first) using a very helpful website SAILWX (http://www.sailwx.info/). On SAILWX select “Ship Tracker” at the top of the page and then “Find specific ship by name or callsign”. The last entry on the page will allow you to enter the name of your ship. Once you find your ship, you will be shown the latest information for your ship’s position at sea and any other ships in the area. See the Links section for tracking information for ships at NYC, Charleston and other US ports.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:39 AM
countryman-s
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mrk5n
i have been watching the webcam for days but have seen no coutrymans. they are all minivans, and some unknown compact cars. are the countrymans wrapped in protective plastic like i have seen on some new cars? this would probably explain why none of the cars on the trains look like countrymans?

Old 08-27-2011, 07:02 AM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 230 Likes on 194 Posts
They could be wrapped in something. I found this picture in a different thread of X3s. I think they're produced at the same plant.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:25 AM
Rktcyntst
4th Gear
I think I missed the Toscana, so 1 week between production complete date and ship departure date isn't enough. Probably plenty of cars in line ahead of me.

I was hoping that I'd be overly conservative with my forecast Nov delivery date. Sounds like I'll be pretty close to that. It sometimes it sucks being right so often...

Hopefully folks on the East coast don't get impacted too much by Irene tomorrow. Sounds like ports are gonna get nailed.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:31 AM
Rktcyntst
4th Gear
Originally Posted by goatherd
Hope hurricane Irene doesn't screw up the passage from Europe.
I don't think it's the passage you need to worry about. The state of the port in Baltimore and ability to offload and cargo appears to be the major concern of the shipping lines. At least your car doesn't have get bounced around while at sea!

Hopefully the last 2+ days of warning is plenty of time to batten down the hatches!

Old 08-27-2011, 08:15 AM
blaietta
Neutral
Originally Posted by Rktcyntst
I think I missed the Toscana, so 1 week between production complete date and ship departure date isn't enough. Probably plenty of cars in line ahead of me.

I was hoping that I'd be overly conservative with my forecast Nov delivery date. Sounds like I'll be pretty close to that. It sometimes it sucks being right so often...

Hopefully folks on the East coast don't get impacted too much by Irene tomorrow. Sounds like ports are gonna get nailed.

I missed the Toscana too. Ask Mini doesn't even say my CM has made it to the port yet. Hopefully we make it on the Platinum Ray. At least the cars will make to CA by early October.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:15 AM
blaietta
Neutral
I didn't get on the Toscana either. Hopefully we make the Platinum Ray departing in early September.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:18 AM
skids
2nd Gear
My MA just wrote and I am In Transit! I am scheduled to arrive in Brunswick 9/7. Pretty excited now.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:05 PM
lholgate
Neutral
This is my first post. I love this board, I read it everyday and thank you for posting such great information. My ALL4 Countryman (True Blue/White Roof) is now at the terminal at Bremerhaven, Germany. The car will be loaded on the TUGELA leaving on 8/29 to Belgium, then SouthHampton, England then finallly to Baltimore, MD arriving October 9th! Does it really take over a month just to get to Baltimore?

Old 08-27-2011, 12:33 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Iholgate,

Sorry to correct but they use a European calender which reads dd/mm/yyyy so what you read as oct 9th is actually september 9th.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:35 PM
lholgate
Neutral
mrluckpa
This is why I love these boards!! Thank you!!

Old 08-29-2011, 04:31 PM
countryman-s
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mrluckypa
This is my understanding from have researched this. The ship is shared with BMW, Vehicles made in Graz, Austria are transported to Bremerhaven and are loaded on the same ship. It leaves Bremerhaven and sails to Belgium for more vehicles and then Southhampton. After that it sails to North America. Your R60 will probably be on the same ship as mine (Otello) leaving Bremerhaven on 31-Aug. Just hoping for smooth sailing. Check previous posts for links to the appropriate sites.

i do not see the Otello on the link? do you mean the
Patriot? it leaves 31-Aug. im guessing since i live in alabama mine would be brought in through Brunswick Ga. port. Ask Mini says my countryman is at the port awaiting a ship, and that is all they know.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:15 PM
b&WCM
3rd Gear

How do you know you missed the Toscana?

It is still coming into port. I am watching it now and it is making it's way to port to pick up cargo. It's entirely possible you will make the boat, get loaded tonight and be able to search your vin on the ww website tomorrow.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:38 PM
Rktcyntst
4th Gear
Originally Posted by b&WCM
How do you know you missed the Toscana?

It is still coming into port. I am watching it now and it is making it's way to port to pick up cargo. It's entirely possible you will make the boat, get loaded tonight and be able to search your vin on the ww website tomorrow.
Been calling ASK MINI, but my CMSA4 passed this through my MA to let me know what he's been up to:

Made it onto Toscana, left Bremerhaven on 27 Aug - should be in Southampton to pick some little ladies up tonight!

Old 08-29-2011, 09:19 PM
mrk5n
3rd Gear
The Elektra left Southampton today and is on its way to Halifax!

Old 08-29-2011, 09:45 PM
b&WCM
3rd Gear
Made it onto Toscana, left Bremerhaven on 27 Aug - should be in Southampton to pick some little ladies up tonight!
Congratulations! I don't think I was as lucky. I think I just missed the Toscana now I will have to wait for the Platinum Ray. Oh, well maybe they will have the belt line chrome issue resolved by the time I hit the Port Hueneme and make the switch at the VDC.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Rktcyntst
4th Gear
Originally Posted by b&WCM
Congratulations! I don't think I was as lucky. I think I just missed the Toscana now I will have to wait for the Platinum Ray. Oh, well maybe they will have the belt line chrome issue resolved by the time I hit the Port Hueneme and make the switch at the VDC.
Thanks! ASK MINI hasn't updated at all and still states that I'm waiting at the port. My MA provided a report showing that it'll hit CA in late Sep. I was googleing around and found a site that provides a link to the ship info and current location with history track. Now I've go a newfound obsession - tracking a ship!

"Current Vesssel's Track" link displays location on a google map:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...mmsi=235075024

It looks like there's also an iPhone app for MarineTraffic ($3.99), but fortunately, I'm an Android guy. Otherwise I'm afraid I'd be watching a virtual dot on a rendered map.

I need to get outside.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:32 AM
CM51
2nd Gear
ASK MINI just updated my status to "In Transit" this morning. Might this mean I made it onto the Toscana? I've asked my MA to verify, but apparently he's gone into hiding with Gaddafi.

Once I have it verified I might be tempted to get that iPhone app.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:38 AM
skids
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by CM51
ASK MINI just updated my status to "In Transit" this morning. Might this mean I made it onto the Toscana? I've asked my MA to verify, but apparently he's gone into hiding with Gaddafi.

Once I have it verified I might be tempted to get that iPhone app.

There is a good chance that is the case. My Ask Mini status took a few days to update after it had been on the ship. One can dream.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:23 PM
blaietta
Neutral
Rktcyntst, did your MA provide you with that update? AskMini still states that my car is being transported to the port of exit and it says No Records found on the WW site when I look up the VIN. My car was completed the same day as yours and they are both going to Colorado so it would be hard to believe that it didn't make it on the same boat.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:42 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
If it is being shipped on K-Line it would be difficult to track. For that you would need to contact your MA.

Quick Reply: R60 Production Complete, Now to find my ship... :confused: