1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Production Complete, Now to find my ship... :confused:

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 01:30 PM
CM51
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so it turns out my criticism of my MA was unwarranted. He is not in hiding. Actually he got back to me pretty quick and verified that my Countryman IS ON THE TOSCANA!!! I'm still coming up empty on the VIN search though.

Rktcyntst - Thanks for that awesome ship tracking link. Now do I get that iphone app or not? $3.99 isn't too much to feed the waiting crazies is it?

Old 08-30-2011, 01:34 PM
blaietta
Neutral
If yours is on the Toscana too then mine must have made it on there. Production was completed on mine on 8/18. Just shot my MA a note to see if he can confirm.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:41 PM
jjhowes
Neutral
The Toscana just left England and on its way to the canal.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:07 PM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 230 Likes on 194 Posts
Hopefully mine is on the Toscana as well. I sent my MA an email today, so hopefully he will send back good news.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Jim&Tammy
1st Gear
Just called my MA and the MCCM is on the Toscana, not much longer now.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:54 PM
blaietta
Neutral
Not sure why the MA at Schomp Mini in Denver is telling me he can't see what ship my Mini is on and that he doesn't get that information. It seems that from the other posts in this thread that MA's certainly do have the ability to find that info.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:10 PM
countryman-s
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blaietta
Not sure why the MA at Schomp Mini in Denver is telling me he can't see what ship my Mini is on and that he doesn't get that information. It seems that from the other posts in this thread that MA's certainly do have the ability to find that info.

same thing with my MA. i emailed him yesterday for info and he replied its on a boat and will be at US port in 30 days, then 7-10 day to get it to the dealer. that seems like a very long time to ship. if fact it almost long as it took to order and build the car.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:42 AM
Rktcyntst
4th Gear
Rktcyntst, did your MA provide you with that update? AskMini still states that my car is being transported to the port of exit and it says No Records found on the WW site when I look up the VIN. My car was completed the same day as yours and they are both going to Colorado so it would be hard to believe that it didn't make it on the same boat.
Yeah, didn't even have to ask! (part of the reason I decided to go the 60 miles out of my way)

He's usually taken a screen shot that's got the details and pasted it into an email lto let me know where things stand. I've gotta believe that if you complete on/before me, we're cruising together!!

BTW - Owners Lounge now shows my status as 'En Route' - 4 days after the ship left Germany.

@CM51 - Congrats!! Funny that watching a ship would be considered exciting!

For grins, I've tried tracking via VIN on WW for cars on dealers lots and never got a hit for colorado bound cars. Might be a west coast thing where cars headed to the west VDC doesn't get tracked in there. I went to a dealer site, looked at inventory and tried their vin in the locator. No luck. Oh well...

Old 08-31-2011, 05:42 AM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 230 Likes on 194 Posts
I just checked the OL and it now says "en route". Awesome!

Old 08-31-2011, 11:40 AM
MontanaMini
2nd Gear
Who's your MA? I just e-mailed mine--Vince--to see if he had any updates for me. We dealt with him before, when we bought Nigel, and my Mister (who works in the car business) said Vince was who we should use again.
My CM was "Awaiting Transport" on Monday, so I have no idea if it's on a ship now, or has to wait for the next vessel.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:01 PM
blaietta
Neutral
Originally Posted by MontanaMini
Who's your MA? I just e-mailed mine--Vince--to see if he had any updates for me. We dealt with him before, when we bought Nigel, and my Mister (who works in the car business) said Vince was who we should use again.
My CM was "Awaiting Transport" on Monday, so I have no idea if it's on a ship now, or has to wait for the next vessel.
Yes, Vince is the guy I am now dealing with over there. He is now the 3rd MA I'm dealing with. First I was dealing with Lance, then Tyler and now Vince. Kind of annoying dealing with so many different people.

Check the OL again today. Mine was updated to In Transit this morning so it looks like it caught the ship that departed Germany on Saturday.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:16 PM
MontanaMini
2nd Gear
Yes, Vince is the guy I am now dealing with over there. He is now the 3rd MA I'm dealing with. First I was dealing with Lance, then Tyler and now Vince. Kind of annoying dealing with so many different people.

Check the OL again today. Mine was updated to In Transit this morning so it looks like it caught the ship that departed Germany on Saturday.
According to Vince's reply to my e-mail, it's looking like he's estimating time based on when it went into production, no actual finite update from him. Very frustrating.
I even called ASK MINI earlier this week and was told that once it goes on the ship, they have no further information to give to me.
I'll keep checking the OL this week and hope the status changes to "En Route" before the end of the week.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Jim&Tammy
1st Gear
I talked to my MA at Ralph Schomp yesterday and informed me that ours was on the Toscana and will arrive in California on 21 September and then about another week from there. I have been dealing with Robin and Don, very helpful.

Last edited by Jim&Tammy; 08-31-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Added names of MA
Old 08-31-2011, 04:44 PM
DDMNYC
1st Gear
Hang in there!!!!

Originally Posted by MontanaMini
I even called ASK MINI earlier this week and was told that once it goes on the ship, they have no further information to give to me.
I'll keep checking the OL this week and hope the status changes to "En Route" before the end of the week.
Hello Fellow CM Owners to be...

Thanks to MrLuckyPA, if you check the link on the "att.global" site, enter your VIN in the Cargo ID box (right side) - if your baby made it onto a specific ship, it will pop up with lots of info you can then track via other links.

As far as AskMINI or our MA's, they seem excited but maybe not as over the top as we are. The NAM community's tips to find your car are frankly better with new info than what AskMINI may have on hand. If you don't want to bug your MA too much, assume a 10-12 day trip across the Atantic and stops in NY, down South, etc...tough for you all in the heartland and out west.

So guess we just have to sit back and ride it out...until the big day.......and let off some creative steam in here.

Here's to long drives in the Fall....

Old 08-31-2011, 04:59 PM
b&WCM
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DDMNYC
Hello Fellow CM Owners to be...

Thanks to MrLuckyPA, if you check the link on the "att.global" site, enter your VIN in the Cargo ID box (right side) - if your baby made it onto a specific ship, it will pop up with lots of info you can then track via other links.

As far as AskMINI or our MA's, they seem excited but maybe not as over the top as we are. The NAM community's tips to find your car are frankly better with new info than what AskMINI may have on hand. If you don't want to bug your MA too much, assume a 10-12 day trip across the Atantic and stops in NY, down South, etc...tough for you all in the heartland and out west.

So guess we just have to sit back and ride it out...until the big day.......and let off some creative steam in here.

Here's to long drives in the Fall....
Not sure that the w2global site is working for Colorado Mini Cooper CMs. I haven't seen one owner from Colorado who said that their VIN was working at the ww global site even though their OL shows them to be enroute.

In fact, I am not sure the VIN number reported by OL is correct. If I call ask mini and try to find info based on the last seven digits of the VIN, ask mini says the VIN is invalid. If I use the production order number, it works fine. My VIN doesn't even have a last 7 digits, it only has 5 and if I try to enter digits based on the phone conversion or by speaking the characters to ask mini it says the VIN is invalid.

I am beginning to think that the VIN reported for Colorado Countryman owners is incorrect on the OL.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:03 PM
b&WCM
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Jim&Tammy
Just called my MA and the MCCM is on the Toscana, not much longer now.
When did you order your Countryman? and do you know when "Ask Mini" was reporting your mini as "completed and awaiting transport".

I think I probably just missed the Toscana as "Ask Mini" reported completed production on the 26th and the Toscana sailed from Bremerhaven on the 27th.

I originally ordered on the 2nd of August.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:44 PM
rfg123
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by b&WCM
Not sure that the w2global site is working for Colorado Mini Cooper CMs. I haven't seen one owner from Colorado who said that their VIN was working at the ww global site even though their OL shows them to be enroute.

In fact, I am not sure the VIN number reported by OL is correct. If I call ask mini and try to find info based on the last seven digits of the VIN, ask mini says the VIN is invalid. If I use the production order number, it works fine. My VIN doesn't even have a last 7 digits, it only has 5 and if I try to enter digits based on the phone conversion or by speaking the characters to ask mini it says the VIN is invalid.

I am beginning to think that the VIN reported for Colorado Countryman owners is incorrect on the OL.
I have exactly the same problem with regards to the VIN.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:41 PM
WMW
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Vin

FYI I was getting the same errors with the invalid vin on ask mini ...could track by the production number...though always a couple of days behind. When I spoke with a live person they verified my vin belonged to my production number...by verifying the last 7 characters. It was not till my CM was at see for a couple of days that I could track the vin on the ship.
My order is currently at sea going to the east coast. Hope this helps...

Old 09-01-2011, 04:18 AM
Jim&Tammy
1st Gear
When did you order your Countryman? and do you know when "Ask Mini" was reporting your mini as "completed and awaiting transport".

I think I probably just missed the Toscana as "Ask Mini" reported completed production on the 26th and the Toscana sailed from Bremerhaven on the 27th.

Completion was done on the 19th and "Ask Mini" had it en route as of two days ago.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:02 AM
Rktcyntst
4th Gear

I also completed on 19 Aug (Sat) and was reported at the port on the following Tuesday. Then it said awaiting transport a few days (3?) after the ship departed Bremerhaven.

Driving time between Bremerhaven and Graz, Austria ~= 10 hours, so figure at least 2 days to get between factory and port.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:20 AM
randers51
2nd Gear
Jim&Tammy, my CM is also on the Toscana. But I have not been able to get the 2wglobal site to show any info when I enter the VIN. I ordered mine from MINI of Loveland and got the VIN from the MA there. So, I feel certain it is correct. I was even given a Bill of Lading number on the Toscana but that doesn't work either on the 2wglobal site.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Rktcyntst
4th Gear
Originally Posted by randers51
Jim&Tammy, my CM is also on the Toscana. But I have not been able to get the 2wglobal site to show any info when I enter the VIN. I ordered mine from MINI of Loveland and got the VIN from the MA there. So, I feel certain it is correct. I was even given a Bill of Lading number on the Toscana but that doesn't work either on the 2wglobal site.
You decided to trek up to Loveland vs. the 20 minute drive to Littleton as well, huh? I'm in your part of town. Maybe I'll see you up there when I pick up!!

On a separate note, found this thread interesting and may prove useful for those waiting for their ship. It's BMW-centric, but obvious similarities in tracking inherited by MINI:

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/ho...d-to-delivery/

Last edited by Rktcyntst; 09-01-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:22 AM
Jim&Tammy
1st Gear
Originally Posted by randers51
I am having trouble with 2wglobal site as well, but I am taking my MA's word on it. So we shall both see in a few weeks how reliable they are...

Old 09-02-2011, 05:55 AM
randers51
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Rktcyntst
You decided to trek up to Loveland vs. the 20 minute drive to Littleton as well, huh? I'm in your part of town. Maybe I'll see you up there when I pick up!!

/
Yes, MOL was giving a much better deal than Schomp. Liked the people there too. Really willing to take the time to work with us on getting exactly what we wanted.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:35 PM
CM51
2nd Gear
Has anyone been able to track the Toscana since it entered the Atlantic? Or are we all just waiting for it to hit the Panama Canal?

Quick Reply: R60 Production Complete, Now to find my ship... :confused: