1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Official Light White Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 06:36 AM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Rckt ... I bought the red caliper covers from Moss hoping they might cut down on the brake dust too. I'll dig around those threads and see what I can find. I have mud flaps I need to install too. I guess if I'm going to have take off the wheels, I can kill two stones with one bird.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:05 PM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
Meet Angus Mack! Lots of mods done this week ... I'll install mudflaps and red caliper covers this weekend. I'll post more pics in my gallery shortly.
Official Light White Owners Club-jan-2012-b-032.jpg

Official Light White Owners Club-jan-2012-b-034.jpg

Official Light White Owners Club-jan-2012-b-039.jpg

Old 01-05-2012, 12:26 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SoonerMack
Meet Angus Mack! Lots of mods done this week ... I'll install mudflaps and red caliper covers this weekend. I'll post more pics in my gallery shortly.
Attachment 57555

Attachment 57556

Attachment 57557
Love Him SoonerMack! What a clever striping idea!! Is the white part inside the red actual striping or is it the paint showing through?

Congratulations!

Old 01-05-2012, 12:36 PM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by lvwtidoSmithBusting
Love Him SoonerMack! What a clever striping idea!! Is the white part inside the red actual striping or is it the paint showing through?

Congratulations!
It's separate striping. I saw something similar online and thought the white on white was really different from anything I'd seen before. My wife hates it.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:51 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
It's separate striping. I saw something similar online and thought the white on white was really different from anything I'd seen before. My wife hates it.
Haha! Leave it to a spouse to rain on our parade! My Hubby and I have agreed on the White with black top, but can't agree on the stripes either! Oh well I'll win ! Hahahaha! I mean the last say SHOULD go to who's car it is... Right?!

Old 01-05-2012, 01:03 PM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
Haha! Leave it to a spouse to rain on our parade! My Hubby and I have agreed on the White with black top, but can't agree on the stripes either! Oh well I'll win ! Hahahaha! I mean the last say SHOULD go to who's car it is... Right?!
Driver trumps passenger every day! I ordered mine with the black mirrors and ducts and then got the red aftermarket. Now if I change my mind, I pop on the black, change the stripes and I have a whole new car!!!!

Old 01-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Rktcyntst
4th Gear
Thanks Rckt ... I bought the red caliper covers from Moss hoping they might cut down on the brake dust too. I'll dig around those threads and see what I can find. I have mud flaps I need to install too. I guess if I'm going to have take off the wheels, I can kill two stones with one bird.
Good luck - I did the flaps separately and didn't need to drop the wheels for those, but it would have been easier had the wheels been off. One thing I wish I had was the non-marring socket since I chewed some of the black coating off the wheel bolts. Later learned that I should have used some of those plastic grocery bags to protect the bolt directly from the socket.

Looks sick! I'm a fan! Be glad your SO isn't digging it so much. My wife's asking to take mine more and more... not sure I like that! She's got the MINI bug now, so it sounds like we're going to be in the market for an R57 in the next few months! She's already asking to have stripe designs ready! To JCW or not... hmmmmm

Old 01-10-2012, 11:57 AM
jleonard711
Neutral
I just picked up a 2011 Countryman for my wife the other day and thought I'd post some pics of her (the car, not my wife!). It's white w/black roof, loaded with all the available packages, Mini Connected w/Nav, black gravity leather w/beige headliner, and 18" black wheels. I was a little skeptical about getting a Mini - it was my wife's choice - but I have to say I like it a LOT more than I thought I would! First thing we need to change are those GOD AWFUL run-flat tires. I have a Lexus ISF w/sport suspension, and I thought that thing had a harsh ride until I went for a drive in this Mini!

Well without further ado, here she is! All of these shots were take the night I got her home at about 12am, using just the moonlight and no fill-flashes or anything:

Last edited by jleonard711; 01-10-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:44 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jleonard711
I just picked up a 2011 Countryman for my wife the other day and thought I'd post some pics of her (the car, not my wife!). It's white w/black roof, loaded with all the available packages, Mini Connected w/Nav, black gravity leather w/beige headliner, and 18" black wheels. I was a little skeptical about getting a Mini - it was my wife's choice - but I have to say I like it a LOT more than I thought I would! First thing we need to change are those GOD AWFUL run-flat tires. I have a Lexus ISF w/sport suspension, and I thought that thing had a harsh ride until I went for a drive in this Mini!

Well without further ado, here she is! All of these shots were take the night I got her home at about 12am, using just the moonlight and no fill-flashes or anything:

BE-EE-AY-YUTIFUL!!! Seeing this makes me even more excited (if that is even possible) to get Rupert!! Not to mention the moonlight really does her justice! What region do you live in if you don't mind me asking?! Also is she a manual or auto (the car, not your wife )? Just curious because I had scoured the streets looking for a Countryman that fit my "perfect list" and had no luck! So now I'll meet Rupert in about a month and a half !

P.S.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:14 PM
jleonard711
Neutral
BE-EE-AY-YUTIFUL!!! Seeing this makes me even more excited (if that is even possible) to get Rupert!! Not to mention the moonlight really does her justice! What region do you live in if you don't mind me asking?! Also is she a manual or auto (the car, not your wife )? Just curious because I had scoured the streets looking for a Countryman that fit my "perfect list" and had no luck! So now I'll meet Rupert in about a month and a half !

P.S.
I live in AZ, and it's an automatic FWD. I had originally wanted to get an All4, but in here in AZ we don't get much rain (or snow, obviously), and even when if do go up north to the snow we already have a 4WD SUV for that. I figured the FWD would be a little better on fuel economy as a daily driver.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:31 PM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
Pics look great guys. I will be joining this club in 6-8 weeks. So excited!!!

Old 01-17-2012, 01:09 AM
evobunny
1st Gear
ughhh the count down begins. my ship finally arrive to Charleston south Carolina this past sunday. hopefully it will be in houston for me to pick up this weekend. Dont know if this will happen at this rate it going. My stats on ask mini still say in transit. not even at vdc. finger cross.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:41 PM
evobunny
1st Gear
what is the name of the black on the roof of the light white.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:07 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by evobunny
what is the name of the black on the roof of the light white.
Awesomeness! Haha!

Sorry I have no idea but it's what Rupert will have so it has to be good

Old 01-24-2012, 04:03 AM
PopATL
1st Gear
The waiting part is awful isn't it? By the way, you may not need the cold weather package this year down here in Georgia.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:47 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PopATL
The waiting part is awful isn't it? By the way, you may not need the cold weather package this year down here in Georgia.
Haha! I know, Seriously!!! This is craziness! I def shouldnt need the All4 but what can I say?! I'm a just in case kind of person!!

Old 01-24-2012, 07:25 AM
garmjoe
2nd Gear
jleonard711-

Those are great pics! Love the black and white...so dramatic!

Old 02-07-2012, 12:25 AM
I_m_Mini
2nd Gear
here she is!!!

I got her for 1 month. Finally I have some free time to take pics.

Thank you for looking!!

Old 02-07-2012, 04:26 AM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by I_m_Mini
I got her for 1 month. Finally I have some free time to take pics

Thank you for looking!!
She's A BEAUTY!!! I love the red! Looks sharp!

This is my biggest struggle, what stripes to put on! It's such a hard decision! What to do...?! What to do....?!

Old 02-08-2012, 07:26 PM
I_m_Mini
2nd Gear
She's A BEAUTY!!! I love the red! Looks sharp!

This is my biggest struggle, what stripes to put on! It's such a hard decision! What to do...?! What to do....?!
The Sport stripes looks much better!! Org. I want to go with black, but I saw a pic on the web then I changed my mind!!

Old 02-08-2012, 08:46 PM
52804x4
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking good I_m_Mini!!! I kick myself everytime I remember that I didn't spring for the JCW kit!

Old 02-12-2012, 03:15 PM
WestonJCW
3rd Gear

"Off roading" in South Florida.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:55 PM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
Bump for Light White!

Bump for Light White!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Official Light White Owners Club-dsc_0005b.jpg   Official Light White Owners Club-dsc_0014.jpg   Official Light White Owners Club-dsc_0010.jpg  
Old 02-25-2012, 04:58 PM
SoonerMack
3rd Gear
... and again.

3 more. Angus is ready for his first club ride tomorrow morning.

Attached Thumbnails Official Light White Owners Club-dsc_0001.jpg   Official Light White Owners Club-dsc_0008.jpg   Official Light White Owners Club-dsc_0026a.jpg  
Old 02-25-2012, 07:09 PM
lvwtidoSmithBusting
3rd Gear
My pretty white boy made it here this week!

We did some "area training" so I could see him at the dealer when he came in. I got him yesterday and already have 200 miles on him! Hopefully by next week I'll be able to rev him up and stretch his legs a little

Name:  IMG_2239-1.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  166.4 KB
I already put the roof racks on and he will be getting his stripes Wednesday! Must tint the windows... It gets hot in there and it's winter so I can't imagine what it would be like in summer!!!

I'm pretty sure I felt him hug back here!!!

Quick Reply: R60 Official Light White Owners Club