1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Bluetooth/iPod vs. MiniConnect

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 06:41 PM
kconner5
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machz
Ok so I did some testing and you can stream without mini connect somewhat. My dealer said you can't so I haven't done much testing. First you need to connect the y cable to get it to work at all. Then in mode select the phone and it will start the the stored music on the phone. Next you stop the itunesmusic and start pandora and it Works. Well some of the time, sometimes when the song ends it either stops playing all together or it starts iTunes again. Sometimes it keeps playing so it does work it just seems to be a bit buggy. Also the arrows on the steering wheel won't advance to the next song it just shuts off the music all together but the volume works.

With the Y cable it isn't streaming though right? That is connected via the bluetooth and the audio cable... If you don't want to have any issues without it bluetooth streaming with Pandora... just use a regular AUX cable and bypass the USB... That is what I did in my old R57 when I wanted to use Pandora. (This method will not utilize the steering wheel controls aside from the volume)

As far as bluetooth streaming goes... I'm heading to my dealer tomorrow or Saturday, and if I can't make it, I'm going to a MINI event this weekend and I'm sure there will be someone with a car I can try to get bluetooth streaming to work without MINI Connected.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:32 PM
52804x4
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kconner5
Here's a little "how to" on how to set up bluetooth audio streaming with MINI Connected... I know it is with an iPhone but if you can get to the step where you pair it with the car, you should be golden with the rest of the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMtDSWUrU80

If anyone wants me to make any others just let me know!

Kyle
Originally Posted by 52804x4
that pointed me in the right direction!! Thank you sir!

So now it stopped working! I got it to work 2 times, and now nothing. The phone says it's playing via bluetooth but, nothing comes out of the cars system. MINI Connect says it's connected to my phone!?!? Grrrrrrrr. . . .

Last edited by 52804x4; 03-29-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:17 PM
noreen99
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Opted for the connected. sorry I didn't add the nav.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:26 AM
fasttr
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's an inexpensive way to add bluetooth streaming to any car with an aux input. Plug this into the USB port (for power) and connect to the aux-in port. Pair it with your phone and you can then stream music wirelessly. However the car thinks it's just a wired aux connection so you can't control the phone, just the volume. However combine this with a ProClip dash mount and you can just slip your phone into the mount and start playing music, Spotify, Pandora, Downcast, etc. without connecting anything...

Monoprice Bluetooth A2DP adapter

Here's another more expensive option from Amazon but this one is nice because it is smaller and can be powered from a micro-USB power cable and can be combined with a direct wire option allowing everything to be hidden if desired. This is what I use in my Mini since I didn't discover the Monoprice unit until recently. BTW if you happen to plug in your iPhone into the USB port but leave the bluetooth device in the aux jack your iPhone will still display the song information even though the music is over BT.

BlackBerry Remote Stereo Bluetooth Gateway BlackBerry Remote Stereo Bluetooth Gateway

Arkon USB Direct Wire Arkon USB Direct Wire