1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 02:28 PM
chini
3rd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Mounted up my OEM rack with Rockymounts Europitchfork. This is a great setup for my Spesh Stumpy 29er!

What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-image-569876652.jpg

What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-image-3838484763.jpg

A close up of the Rockymounts Driveshaft that accepts a 20 mm thru axel.

What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-image-258063622.jpg

Put a Spesh sticker on the rear window, too!

What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-image-1678265263.jpg

Old 10-12-2013, 07:21 PM
monsterx
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Craven speed shifter ****

What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-image-4249733389.jpg

Mini roof rack with modded spoiler and rocky mounts euro pitchforks for MTbs

What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-image-2417276482.jpg

What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-image-1837278492.jpg

Also love the craven replacement dipstick - yeah that sounded weird but it sure is easier to read.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:42 PM
pepsiguy78
1st Gear
wierd noise

Do you ever hear a noise that no one else hears? Our 2012 CMall4 has one that my wife doesn't hear. I couldn't take it any longer and made an appointment with the fine folks at MINI Portland. The service manager went for a ride and he could hear it also. The noise is a whine when ever you slightly accelerate - it doesn't seem to matter what gear your in (auto) - it goes away when you back off the pedal slightly also. Service writer, Jared, set me up with a loaner 2013 CM and I left our MINI in fine hands. It turns out that the noise has been diagnosed as something wrong in the transfer case and will be replaced as soon as a new transfer assembly arrives from ??
In the meantime I was told to get "cozy" with the loaner. The guys and gals at MINI Portland have always taken very good care of me and our Countryman.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:45 PM
UnminiSCAll4
1st Gear

finally got done with stripes!

Old 10-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Jimbo
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wash, wax clean glass inside and out, rainex on the windshield .... Should be ready for winter, not that I couldn't wait another month or so but in the great northeast u never know when it will start

Last edited by Jimbo; 10-13-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:47 PM
makaveliks
2nd Gear
Still dirty... Just cleaned all the chrome and removed all the light bezels and grill surround and plastidipped those parts black as well as the door handles and emblems. I also put on some beltline blackout tape. Looks much better. Just need to get the windows tinted and take apart the headlights so I can blackout the big chrome area that surrounds the actual headlight. Not the reflective cone around the headlight, just the rest of it. I also blacked out the chrome tail pipes by driving the car for 36K miles. LOL

Old 10-14-2013, 06:20 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,083 Likes on 1,859 Posts
Looks great, looks like you went with the silver Euro Pitch Fork Rockymounts to match the OEM roof rack.

Congrats.

Originally Posted by chini
Mounted up my OEM rack with Rockymounts Europitchfork. This is a great setup for my Spesh Stumpy 29er!

Attachment 82547

Attachment 82548

A close up of the Rockymounts Driveshaft that accepts a 20 mm thru axel.

Attachment 82549

Put a Spesh sticker on the rear window, too!

Attachment 82550

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 10-14-2013, 07:58 AM
ASKtheteach
5th Gear
Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
The Pitchfork trays are great. I have them in white on my Cosmic Blue/White Countryman, along with the factory crossbars. When I had my 2010 R56, I had the Yakima Forklift trays. They were great, but rusted after a while. I like the stability and the design of the Rocky Mounts trays much better. I'm primarily a roadie, but I do triathlons too and have a TT bike. I also have a full suspension Cannondale MTB that works great with the trays. Love the Specialized decal! My road bike is a Tarmac, and I am definitely a Specialized fan!

Old 10-14-2013, 08:21 PM
chini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Looks great, looks like you went with the silver Euro Pitch Fork Rockymounts to match the OEM roof rack. Congrats.
Yeah, I was thinking black or red as other options. If the OEM rack were black, I might have gone red.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:40 PM
chini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ASKtheteach
The Pitchfork trays are great. I have them in white on my Cosmic Blue/White Countryman, along with the factory crossbars. When I had my 2010 R56, I had the Yakima Forklift trays. They were great, but rusted after a while. I like the stability and the design of the Rocky Mounts trays much better. I'm primarily a roadie, but I do triathlons too and have a TT bike. I also have a full suspension Cannondale MTB that works great with the trays. Love the Specialized decal! My road bike is a Tarmac, and I am definitely a Specialized fan!
I am impressed with the Rockymounts stuff. It is very sturdy and stealthy. I have been using Yakima racks for years. I have the Highroller on our Subaru Outback, but due to the height of the roof on the OB, it's a 2 person job to get the stumpy 29er up there. With the Europitchfork, it's pretty easy to load on the CM. The only thing that's a bit dodgy is that the driveshaft thru axel adapter can rotate forward or backward if you push on it. You really need a second wheel strap to stop any movement of the fork.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:16 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,083 Likes on 1,859 Posts
Originally Posted by chini
Yeah, I was thinking black or red as other options. If the OEM rack were black, I might have gone red.
Think they look really good. Had a someone with an R55 Clubman coat the OEM rack black and then added black rockymounts.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...f-racks-3.html

If you need anything else OEM CM for the rack or Rockymount let me know.

Here is the OEM Roof Rack on the JCW Countryman. Looks pretty good.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...oof-rails.html

Thanks

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 10-15-2013, 11:19 AM
1bigpea
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got back from a 1100+ mile camping road trip up the Pacific Coast Highway from Orange County to Napa and back, camping along the way in the redwoods.

What a great trip!

Old 10-21-2013, 08:05 PM
rayzmini
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking little project

I fabricated a new grille let me know what you guys think.....I think it looks way more aggressive and way better....

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-img5.jpg   What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-img6.jpg   What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-img7.jpg  
Old 10-22-2013, 05:24 AM
nd3boy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rayzmini
I fabricated a new grille let me know what you guys think.....I think it looks way more aggressive and way better....
Looking good. With that type of grille, you could embed 2 driving lights in it (my personal goal)...like a Ford Mustang.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:52 AM
watchluvr4ever
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rayzmini
Looks good to me!

Old 10-22-2013, 06:21 PM
rayzmini
4th Gear
Talking yup

Originally Posted by nd3boy
Looking good. With that type of grille, you could embed 2 driving lights in it (my personal goal)...like a Ford Mustang.
I thought of that too but decided against it...........

Old 10-23-2013, 06:49 PM
PureWorks
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Looks fantastic! Did you built your own grill surround too? I emailed Delta three times on the $500 version from Japan but no reply......how about a DYI if you wouldn't mind.....thanks!

Old 10-25-2013, 07:16 AM
vtmini38
2nd Gear
Installed WeatherTech Wind Deflectors

WeatherTech would not confirm their Wind Deflectors fit a 2014 ALL4 Countryman. Photos show they do!

Installed this morning during a snow squall. . . not optimum circumstances and I would hang in for a warmer day if I had it to do again. Frank

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-winddeflector1.jpg   What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-winddeflector2.jpg   What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-winddeflector3.jpg  
Old 10-25-2013, 07:27 AM
ke3ee
3rd Gear
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
They look great, I'm interested to here if they help with wind buffeting. That is one of the things I notice and don't like on my ALL4S with just the window's open.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:41 AM
dpike
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ke3ee
They look great, I'm interested to here if they help with wind buffeting. That is one of the things I notice and don't like on my ALL4S with just the window's open.
yes they do.
there's a thread about this too.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:59 AM
vtmini38
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ke3ee
Don't want to open the rear windows until they are set, 12 hours recommended. I'll report back after the weekend. Hopefully we'll get out of the 30s sometime this weekend.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:06 PM
MaybeMCSC
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is such a minor thing... bought my 2013 CM JCW used, and it was missing a few things that I'd normally have gotten. One noticeable shortcoming this time of year is the lack of heated seats. But if the price is right on a used car (or a new one, for that matter), you have to weigh the tradeoffs!

So, I could have gone the whole custom heated seat installation, but that makes me nervous. Too "invasive" for me.

Instead, I opted for black shearling inserts for the front seats. Very subtle with the black leatherette.

Definitely less invasive, and very comfy. Greatly reduces the cold-butt feeling in the cold mornings. But adds a bit of thickness to the seat bottom and back.

They come with holes for the headrest posts, and elastic straps with clasps to attach at the middle between the back and seat bottom, and under the front of the seat.

Haven't gotten the installation fully cleaned up (what to attach the straps to), and the holes were slightly "off" for the headrest posts - too close together. Got to tweak some things this weekend. But overall, I like them!

Pictures once they're done.

Old 10-26-2013, 10:39 PM
rayzmini
4th Gear
Talking ok

Originally Posted by PureWorks
Looks fantastic! Did you built your own grill surround too? I emailed Delta three times on the $500 version from Japan but no reply......how about a DYI if you wouldn't mind.....thanks!
well let me just start with the disclaimer that if you decide to do this mod there's no going back....I bought a power dremel tool and cut out the "middle" section of the stock grill then I bought some grill mesh material bonded it together and then plasti- dipped the entire thing it was very tedious and an all day project but I do like the results....total cost was around $60 for mesh material, glue, not including the dremel I purchased. If your lucky enough to own one already then subtract this cost other wise you can get a pretty decent one with the attachments needed at Home Depot for around $40 all in all it was a fun project. IMO there is nothing more gratifying then to do something totally custom that no one else has and to know you did it yourself! I talked to several manufactures about lending them my C.M. to use as a prototype in order to come up with a grille but all of them refused at this time so that's why I just decided to try it myself. thanks for the compliment and good luck to you if you try this Mod..... P.M. me if you need any specifics answered.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:42 PM
PureWorks
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks so much for the DIY on your grill mod. Asi expected...cutting out the current plastic on plastic grill sounds like a SOB....I'm thinking about it.....having some stuff done right now and hope to have the car back in my hands by next weekend to finally change out my avatar and post some pics.....really appreciate you sharing your experience.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:33 AM
rayzmini
4th Gear
Talking ok sure

Originally Posted by PureWorks
Thanks so much for the DIY on your grill mod. Asi expected...cutting out the current plastic on plastic grill sounds like a SOB....I'm thinking about it.....having some stuff done right now and hope to have the car back in my hands by next weekend to finally change out my avatar and post some pics.....really appreciate you sharing your experience.
Glad to do it!!!!!!... like I said it was kinda an involved project and of course I didn't think of it until after I was half way through it, but I probably shoulda did a step by step DIY with pics and all.....but anyways let me know if you have any more questions I can answer for you before you begin.............that's why NAM is sooo great...love this site!

Quick Reply: R60 What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?