1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Finally broke down... (and ordered a JCW)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 10:57 PM
wzabrouski
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats!

Old 02-01-2013, 11:15 PM
FredoinSF
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Great color combo. Looks like it was worth the wait.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Theta
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
When I first saw it today, that was my thought exactly - totally worth the wait!

Now the pop/burble situation is pissing me off. Got word that it's basically on the back-burner for now...

Old 02-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Mical
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Theta good looking ride

Old 02-02-2013, 04:33 AM
dpike
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
congrats theta, absolutely worth the wait.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Mini-LSE
3rd Gear
Love the vehicle Theta! Amazing. How does it drive?

Old 02-02-2013, 12:59 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
I already drove in light snow twice. The car surprisingly drove absolutely fine with no wheel slip even in hard acceleration. Quite surprised as some summer tires and even come to a complete stop in the snow. I was going to switch out but since run flats rarely last more than 25k miles anyway and I do more than that many miles a year, I'm gonna hope to make it thru February and then I'll need new tires b4 the end of the year anyway. Then I'll get all seasons.

The only thing disappointing about this car is it's my third MINI, my only JCW and it's by far the quietest one yet. While I'm seriously considering an ECU upgrade BC it is 30 HP & torque away from perfection performance wise in a daily driver....I'd hate to have to pay good money for an exhaust just to get a sports car type sound out of it.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Mini-LSE
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by greatgro
I already drove in light snow twice. The car surprisingly drove absolutely fine with no wheel slip even in hard acceleration. Quite surprised as some summer tires and even come to a complete stop in the snow. I was going to switch out but since run flats rarely last more than 25k miles anyway and I do more than that many miles a year, I'm gonna hope to make it thru February and then I'll need new tires b4 the end of the year anyway. Then I'll get all seasons.

The only thing disappointing about this car is it's my third MINI, my only JCW and it's by far the quietest one yet. While I'm seriously considering an ECU upgrade BC it is 30 HP & torque away from perfection performance wise in a daily driver....I'd hate to have to pay good money for an exhaust just to get a sports car type sound out of it.
So are you glad you went with the JCW? Can you tell the difference compared to the Countryman S?

Old 02-02-2013, 02:54 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Yes I love everything else about the car. I had a Countryman S for a week two different times and logged a total of about 1500 miles on them (and almost 1500 in under 3 weeks on my JCW). The S was slow, the JCW DEFINITELY ISN'T SLOW...and it has very noticeably more pickup at all RPM ranges...ESP low and mid range. The JCW Really feels like a much more expensive car. It just feels/rides better and the power delivery is ULTRA SMOOTH which is one of the most noticeable things about the car. It's a very standout noticeable difference.

I heavily modded my first Cooper S (2003) and that had a lot of power but definitely felt like a bunch of fast parts slapped on versus the JCW which feels like a highly and precisely engineered machine.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:46 PM
youthanasia
3rd Gear
Congrats Theta! Let us know how the stock JCW compared to your modded R60!

Old 02-03-2013, 08:38 PM
artieparty
1st Gear
I can concur 100% with greatgro. I just took delivery on a CM JCW that looks almost exactly like Theta's. The car has as much zip as my wife's 2012 MCS hatch, and the handling is superb. It is much more forgiving over potholes and bumps than the MCS, and is feels very spacious.

I had it configured with gravity leather, and the seats are VERY comfortable.

When I get time, I will snap pictures and post them here.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:48 PM
WantAvant
2nd Gear
Has or is anyone planning on putting coilovers on their JCW? I would love to see one lowered on coilovers with the factory JCW 19" wheels!

Old 02-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Flyer53
5th Gear
Awesome look Theta.... Nice job
Looking to make the plunge as well.... No issues at all with mine which is just coming up on the 2 yr anniversary tomorrow....closing in on 28000. Been reading on motoring file, how the 2014's will have a major change with mini-connected, size of screen, ease of scrolling..basically a major overall. I'll have to see $$ wise what works best.... Not sure I have the will to wait another year...
Again, Great look and Enjoy!!

Old 02-09-2013, 11:03 AM
BlackIce
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Flyer53
Awesome look Theta.... Nice job
Looking to make the plunge as well.... No issues at all with mine which is just coming up on the 2 yr anniversary tomorrow....closing in on 28000. Been reading on motoring file, how the 2014's will have a major change with mini-connected, size of screen, ease of scrolling..basically a major overall. I'll have to see $$ wise what works best.... Not sure I have the will to wait another year...
Again, Great look and Enjoy!!
That and the new larger engines and better transmissions are on the way!

Read this whole post. Those are some nice looking JCW's you have there. Can't wait to see what the future brings...

Old 02-09-2013, 04:21 PM
PooLeArMor
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BlackIce
That and the new larger engines and better transmissions are on the way!

Read this whole post. Those are some nice looking JCW's you have there. Can't wait to see what the future brings...

2.0T and DCT ..... niCE

Old 02-10-2013, 08:38 AM
BlackIce
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Trystana

Here is another picture for everyone.
That color combo would look great with an American flag on the roof too.

Kudo's for creating a unique and eye pleasing color scheme. And for protecting the world from evil!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:47 AM
BlackIce
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Theta
Just came off the truck this afternoon! A little dirty, though!

Theta - Nice agressive look!

Have you been able to get those dual pipes to burble?

Old 02-10-2013, 01:16 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Glad to see more and more JCW CM hitting the US shores. If any of you hear anything about the pop/burble please shoot me a PM or post up. Our MA doesn't think it's important. Yeah, well at >$43k I don't think it's up to him to decide when our $35k CMS-4 popped & burbled.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Bichette
Neutral
Wink Oh the wait!

Originally Posted by Mini-LSE
Just put my order in yesterday. How long of a wait was it for those of you who have yours?
I ordered mine Jan 19th, same as yours I believe, black with white roof. My MA told me today mine started production, and gave me the VIN number. It doesn't show yet in the owner's lounge which is still stuck at "on order". Oh my, this wait is just torture!

Old 02-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Theta
6th Gear
Mine took 3 months. Hopefully your wait is much shorter!

Old 02-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Mini-LSE
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Bichette
I ordered mine Jan 19th, same as yours I believe, black with white roof. My MA told me today mine started production, and gave me the VIN number. It doesn't show yet in the owner's lounge which is still stuck at "on order". Oh my, this wait is just torture!
No Joke? Mine still says on Order in the OL. When I call the recording says Scheduled for production with no known production date. The person on the phone is telling me that is was scheduled for the Daily Production Pack on the 28th on January but nothing for after that........... ARGGGGG!!!!!!

Theta. How long was yours on order before production started?

Old 02-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Theta
6th Gear
Production began December 7, Delivery on Feb 7.

2 months start to finish.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Theta
6th Gear

Also, I do have some news on the pop/burble for the JCW.

With 60 miles on the car, it was torn down to investigate. You all knew if it was out there, I'd find it.

Well, good news -- it's not perfect, but it's a hell of a start.

MINI still needs to come forward with a fix. This does NOT get them off the hook, as these are pretty extreme measures.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:33 PM
nickkoto
1st Gear
No Joke? Mine still says on Order in the OL. When I call the recording says Scheduled for production with no known production date. The person on the phone is telling me that is was scheduled for the Daily Production Pack on the 28th on January but nothing for after that........... ARGGGGG!!!!!!

Theta. How long was yours on order before production started?
My 2013 S never updated in the Owner's Lounge until the vehicle was at some point between the Panama Canal and Port Hueneme. 866-ASK-MINI worked a little better, calling my MA worked even better.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Bichette
Neutral
My OL still says on order as well, no VIN, nothing. So it was a nice surprise when my MA emailed me this morning to let me know. I did call ASK Mini today but they couldn't tell either, so I wouldn't rely on their info too much. Only my MA could see the change in status. I'm hope the OL might update sometime this week. Can you contact your dealer to find out? They seem to be privy to some info ASK MINI doesn't always have.

Quick Reply: R60 Finally broke down... (and ordered a JCW)