1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Finally broke down... (and ordered a JCW)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 04:05 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Trystana
Well, he checked into it and called the port, and said that supposedly while that's the right code, they aren't offered anymore and aren't an option on the JCW Countryman. Supposedly they can give me a "deal" on all seasons from the parts department after it comes in.

I'd love to know if someone who has ordered it with the all seasons ends up getting them at delivery.
Well again I SAW the option on the dealer computer while ordering, I ordered the all seasons and my car is listed as getting all seasons. They'd be crazy to not offer all seasons on a four door hatchback with all wheel drive and a bench backseat. I'd better have all seasons on mine!!!!

Old 12-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Trystana
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't disagree with you, but not sure what else I can do at this point except ask again when it gets in? He says it was an option at one point but isn't now... Like it was a mistake. Which logically makes no sense to me for the reasons you stated above, but supposedly they called about it and that's what they were told.

Do you know when yours is supposed to arrive? Maybe if I can show them that others received theirs with all seasons, I can get them to see reason and give me them.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:11 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Do you know when yours is supposed to arrive? Maybe if I can show them that others received theirs with all seasons, I can get them to see reason and give me them.
Mine is in production now....ETA is sometime in January. Prob mid-month.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Trystana
2nd Gear
Cool. Let me know how it turns out. I'm looking at early February, probably.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:14 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Theta
And then to answer the next question, here's the JCW Countryman brochure! Not sure if it had been posted anywhere around here yet. Took some doing to get one of these!
I got mine off ebay from England!

Old 12-13-2012, 05:23 PM
greatgro
6th Gear

Here's what my RG JCW will look like...

Old 12-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Theta
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
That's a dealer-installed option at Mini STL. Sorry for getting your hopes up.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Theta
6th Gear
In other bad news, I don't know how many have heard, but I will pass along some troubling information.

The JCW Countryman is not being allowed into the US at the moment due to a variety of reasons. All delivery dates and production dates from here forward have been pushed up to 5 weeks in the future due to these setbacks.

My Week 49 Build is now slated for Week 02 of 2013. Friends that have their cars waiting to board the boat are locked out at the moment, and have now been told that there will be the 4-5 week delay in the process.

We do have official confirmation of this, and your MINI sales manager should have received the updated lists and e-mails by now.

I'm furious, but I though I would share this with you so you're not surprised later. I'd like to keep this thread on-track and keep it from becoming a thread of anger, etc.

Let's keep up hopes that the process goes smoothly and that the US agencies clear our cars for entry quickly.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Trystana
2nd Gear
Wow! What's the problem(s)? Glad mine isn't scheduled to arrive until beginning of February anyway, now!

Thanks for sharing the news though!

Greatgro, nice! I like your mirror caps. I just created a signature that should hopefully show mine. This is it's debut post so we will see how it turns out.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Theta
6th Gear
Here is the official e-mail sent to some of the MAs and managers this morning. This is official, though Mini internal only:

The JCW Countryman, as probably expected, are all tied up in government red tape for certificates, monroneys, etc. thus they are not on boats heading the states yet, so please be advised as most are sitting on the dock at AG. Once they are released to sell in the U.S. we will let you know, thanks.
Again, your sales manager will have updates for you regarding this. It's a mix of EPA and certificate issues.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Trystana
2nd Gear
Well, that sucks. Sorry for those folks who were expecting theirs any day now. Hopefully all the issues get sorted out quickly!

Old 12-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Trystana
2nd Gear
Well folks, I just got a note from my MA with an attached notice from MINI regarding the all seasons. I am attempting to post here for your information (there were a couple other items in this bulletin, but I cropped out the relevant info on the JCW Countryman All Seasons).

So, those of you who submitted orders for all seasons are likely in for some disappointment. I still don't understand this decision for an "all season" vehicle with all wheel drive... they make 18" RFTs...

Old 12-15-2012, 02:12 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Well I just looked up the WW ships from Germany to NY. My MINI is supposed to finish production on Monday the 17th. There is a ship leaving the 18th which I would assume I'd never make. And now with the delay who knows when anyway. But I guess because of the Holidays the ship after that doesn't leave until 1/11! Basically while there normally is a ship going out every week, there is a 3 1/2 week wait after Mondays ship!!!!

Old 12-15-2012, 02:15 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Greatgro, nice! I like your mirror caps.
Thanks. Notice my rearview mirror is also checkerboard. I love how those checkerboard mirrors look.

Wow red on blue Trystana. Would never thought they'd even let you do that! Does look much better than I would have thought. It certainly does look wonder woman like!

Old 12-15-2012, 06:10 PM
epounds
1st Gear
In the Owners' Lounge, my JCW's status is "En Route", but my VIN is not showing up in WW's tracking system. The ship Tiger left Bremerhaven today, an I hope it's on it, heading for California. A few days ago, the status was "Awaiting Transport", maybe this means something.

Also, All Season Tires are still listed as a factory ordered option for me. If they do not show up on my Mini, I will have a beef with my dealer, as a trip to the mountains is early on the agenda.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Trystana
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by greatgro
Wow red on blue Trystana. Would never thought they'd even let you do that! Does look much better than I would have thought. It certainly does look wonder woman like!
Haha, yeah. I almost went for "Christmas MINI" - BRG with red stripes and roof. But oddly got stuck on the red, white, and blue. It just said, "Wonder Woman" to me, haha. It just feels like it was meant to be

At least I'm fairly certain I'll be the only one around, so I shouldn't have trouble finding her in parking lots... Assuming she's not sandwiched between two SUVs

Old 12-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Trystana
2nd Gear
Well I just looked up the WW ships from Germany to NY. My MINI is supposed to finish production on Monday the 17th. There is a ship leaving the 18th which I would assume I'd never make. And now with the delay who knows when anyway. But I guess because of the Holidays the ship after that doesn't leave until 1/11! Basically while there normally is a ship going out every week, there is a 3 1/2 week wait after Mondays ship!!!!
According to ASK MINI, my car is through production and now awaiting transport. Any update on the certificate issues that we know of?

I hope it gets cleared up by the 11th so all our babies can hop on the first ship out after that.

Now that she's "born" I am more excited to see her and will be getting more anxious as the New Year arrives!!

Old 12-23-2012, 09:04 AM
shark715
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Greatgro, we were looking at the same 3 1/2 week delay that you were, but all of a sudden WW's website showed our car loaded on a non-WW ship called Swift Ace, which departed Bremerhaven on Thursday, and is going directly to Jersey City with no stops and is now scheduled to arrive in Jersey City early Saturday morning according to marinetraffic.com. Is it possible that your car is on the same ship? What do you see when you do a VIN search on WW's website today? This is only a guess, but it appears to us that WW may have subcontracted this voyage given the lack of departures from Bremerhaven during the holiday period.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:59 PM
epounds
1st Gear
Mine has been "in transit" for over a week now, but the WW tracking system is not showing anything for my VIN. Maybe it went on a different carrier, but I was under the impression that WW was used for all California shipments.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:12 PM
LOVESEXY
1st Gear
First Look! Woo Hoo! She finally got here! First JCW CM at my local dealer. She is getting a tint and I will be picking her up on Monday. Yeah!!!! I thought she was NEVER going to here! :-)

Old 12-29-2012, 05:54 PM
pidge1114
Banned
Originally Posted by LOVESEXY
First Look! Woo Hoo! She finally got here! First JCW CM at my local dealer. She is getting a tint and I will be picking her up on Monday. Yeah!!!! I thought she was NEVER going to here! :-)

Sweet!

Old 12-29-2012, 05:58 PM
epounds
1st Gear
Congrats! Mine is still "in transit" and it is not showing up in WW's tracker.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:13 AM
days-like-this
4th Gear
LOVESEXY: did you get the red trim interior or piano black trim with your polar beige color line? Any interior shots?

BEAUTIFUL!

Old 12-30-2012, 12:31 PM
shark715
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mini of Morristown has a red JCW on the lot.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Trystana
2nd Gear

Congrats!! So I guess this means the JCW CMs should be approved for release now??

Mine is still waiting to get on a ship but I hope maybe that happens this week.

I remember you posting a few months ago about ordering one of the first ones, and was wondering when you ended up getting it. So that question is answered! Looks like you had a long wait.

I'm getting more excited to get mine now that the new year is quickly approaching.

Well, this at least gives me hope that the wait won't be too much longer.

Quick Reply: R60 Finally broke down... (and ordered a JCW)