1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Change to Intake Manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013 | 08:56 PM
cbryantnyc
|
2nd Gear
Change to Intake Manifold?

Fellow NAMers I need some help. I recently purchased a SeaFoam fogger kit for the N18 from DOS. Unfortunately, it looks like MINI may have made a change to the intake manifold that makes the kit unusable. In the diagrams for the OEM parts you can see that the intake manifold was made up of 2 parts (parts 7 and 8). In the pics of my intake manifold you will see that it is one solid piece and no longer rubber but a thin plastic. My Countryman is an S ALL4 and was produced in 5/2012. Is there anyone out there that has the same piece that is willing to see if they can find a part number? I cant get access to the lower hose clamp and thus can't get the number myself. Also having zero luck in finding any diagrams that show this piece. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Change to Intake Manifold?-realoem.jpg   Change to Intake Manifold?-img_1135.jpg   Change to Intake Manifold?-img_1137.jpg  
Old 02-18-2013 | 09:20 PM
Bakerbrdz
Banned
Weird, mines a rubber hose like the one on the website. Watch out for those venders....

Old 02-18-2013 | 09:24 PM
cbryantnyc
|
2nd Gear
I wanted to add that Clint over at DOS has been great in trying to help me with this. He too has not seen the version that I have. As soon as I can get a part # he is going to get a sample and get me a new setup.

Old 02-18-2013 | 11:10 PM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Bakerbrdz
Weird, mines a rubber hose like the one on the website. Watch out for those venders....
Originally Posted by cbryantnyc
I wanted to add that Clint over at DOS has been great in trying to help me with this. He too has not seen the version that I have. As soon as I can get a part # he is going to get a sample and get me a new setup.
MINI made a some part changes in their recent 2013 N18 engine builds. They are eliminating some of the rubber hoses and replacing them with plastic hoses much like the OEM induction hose.

So far we've seen that they've replaced at least one of the intake manifold hoses and the valve cover PCV hose with this new material. It's a smart move because these hoses should be cheaper to make. Unfortunately, they have not released the part numbers for these replacement hoses to their North American dealer network at this time. DoS wants samples of these hoses so we can measure them, but MINI is not being especially helpful.

cbryantnyc, because MINI can't hook us up, DoS will fabricate a custom hose for you. We will then use this new hose for our 2013+ N18 Sea Foam Fogger Kits.

Best,

-Clint

Old 02-19-2013 | 07:55 AM
countryman2b
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cbryantnyc
Fellow NAMers I need some help. I recently purchased a SeaFoam fogger kit for the N18 from DOS. Unfortunately, it looks like MINI may have made a change to the intake manifold that makes the kit unusable. In the diagrams for the OEM parts you can see that the intake manifold was made up of 2 parts (parts 7 and 8). In the pics of my intake manifold you will see that it is one solid piece and no longer rubber but a thin plastic. My Countryman is an S ALL4 and was produced in 5/2012. Is there anyone out there that has the same piece that is willing to see if they can find a part number? I cant get access to the lower hose clamp and thus can't get the number myself. Also having zero luck in finding any diagrams that show this piece. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Same part on my MINI countryman , producted 5/2012.
It's crazy but i changed it by the old part because i've got 2 samco hoses for the intake manifold...
And sorry but i do not have the old hose (-> garbage ), the new, you see ...

"I cant get access to the lower hose clamp and thus can't get the number myself." = to acces it you ahve to pull off the air box to have more space to work and access to this hose clamp

Last edited by countryman2b; 02-19-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-19-2013 | 09:53 AM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
cbryantnyc, I talked with our distributor today and finally found the part number for the new plastic intake hose on your 2013 Countryman S.

We'll ship out a fogger kit to fit your MINI by Thursday afternoon 2/21/13.

-Clint

Old 02-19-2013 | 06:42 PM
cbryantnyc
|
2nd Gear
Clint,

Thanks for standing up to the quality reputation you have on this sight and finding a resolution to my problem so quickly. I look forward to doing business with you again when you figure out the Countryman CAI solution.