1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Price Hike, and RIP Center Rail and Buckets for 2014?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013 | 01:02 PM
EHans
|
5th Gear
Exclamation Price Hike, and RIP Center Rail and Buckets for 2014?

http://libraryofmotoring.info/2013/0...pment-changes/

Seems all Minis will be the same base price for 2013 and 2014, but the Countryman and Paceman see a $100 price hike across all trims.

And then there is this:

Specific Option Changes by Model

Countryman and Paceman

The Center Rail in Countryman and Paceman vehicles will be replaced by standard double cup holders in the rear seats.
  • The Countryman’s cup holder will include a 12V charging / power outlet.
  • Paceman’s cup holder will also include a 12V outlet as well as an iPod holder.
Countryman’s rear doors will have a padded arm rest and a bench seat will be standard (a bench seat is the only rear seat configuration available for Countryman).

Paceman will be equipped with Comfort Suspension as standard, and the Sport Suspension will be a no-charge option.

Beginning in MY 2014, MINI will offer both interior and exterior John Cooper Works Packages for Paceman and Countryman models, so Cooper and Cooper S owners can opt for the sportier design cues and color combinations, even if they don’t choose to upgrade the performance.
I like the buckets and glad they are on my 2013CM I have on order, with the split rail. Looks like the rail is on the way out unless I am reading it wrong.

Last edited by EHans; 06-14-2013 at 06:28 AM.
Old 06-13-2013 | 02:23 PM
Elmj
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by EHans
http://libraryofmotoring.info/2013/0...pment-changes/

Seems all Minis will be the same base price for 2013 and 2014, but the Countryman and Paceman see a $100 price hike across all trims.

And then there is this:

I like the buckets and glad they are on my 2013CM I have on order, with the split rail. Looks like the rail is on the way out unless I am reading it wrong.
Won't miss the rail, I have buckets in my 2011 I prefer them to the bench.
Aren't they going to share platform with X-1 in 2014 model?

Old 06-13-2013 | 03:14 PM
Sealy
6th Gear
I wonder if the hand brake is getting a redo? Maybe they are listening.

Old 06-13-2013 | 05:11 PM
ghamma
5th Gear
Good thought about the hand brake, Sealy!

I like the four buckets in Fenton and I wouldn't have gone for the bench seat if it was the only choice when I was buying.

Old 06-14-2013 | 04:40 AM
Jays_CM
1st Gear
I really won't miss the rail in the back seat. I like the look of the rear bench and comes in handy for certain applications.

Old 06-14-2013 | 06:16 AM
PrincessKick
2nd Gear
So so so glad I ordered my CM S in April and just got her. I love my rear bucket seats!

Old 06-14-2013 | 06:28 AM
EHans
|
5th Gear
Smile

Originally Posted by PrincessKick
So so so glad I ordered my CM S in April and just got her. I love my rear bucket seats!
Congrats on the arrival, and I am thinking the same thing. I see the utility of the bench (5th person if needed) but those buckets are cool. Plus, adds a bit to the quirkyness of the car, How many cars do you know of that have rear buckets? Not many.

Old 06-14-2013 | 06:36 AM
champ198
3rd Gear
We looked hard for a lightly used '12 Countryman S All4 that had the rear buckets and the short track and also had Nav, harman/kardon, and other options and colors we were looking for. The buckets just seemed more "fun" for folks who ride in the back seat. We couldn't find that car, there's so few out there. The Countryman we purchased has the rear bench but had all the other goodies and colors we wanted. One question we had was why Mini couldn't put cup holders in the center armrest for the bench seat. There are no cup holders back there.

Old 06-14-2013 | 06:37 AM
PrincessKick
2nd Gear
Thanks! I really love this car. I rarely transport more than 3-4 people. It makes the car quirky, works better for my two boys in the back to each have their own defined seat, and just looks sporty. It's not the right choice for everyone or even the majority but it was for me. I custom ordered and am glad I had that option.

Old 06-14-2013 | 06:40 AM
PrincessKick
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by champ198
We looked hard for a lightly used '12 Countryman S All4 that had the rear buckets and the short track and also had Nav, harman/kardon, and other options and colors we were looking for. The buckets just seemed more "fun" for folks who ride in the back seat. We couldn't find that car, there's so few out there. The Countryman we purchased has the rear bench but had all the other goodies and colors we wanted. One question we had was why Mini couldn't put cup holders in the center armrest for the bench seat. There are no cup holders back there.
I also did not like the lack of cupholders with the rear bench. I had to order because I wanted manual transmission, rear buckets, and navi. Even taking out the color there was nothing available across the US or in the pipeline. So I ordered and waited 7.5 weeks to get her.

Old 06-14-2013 | 06:57 AM
EHans
|
5th Gear
Originally Posted by PrincessKick
I also did not like the lack of cupholders with the rear bench. I had to order because I wanted manual transmission, rear buckets, and navi. Even taking out the color there was nothing available across the US or in the pipeline. So I ordered and waited 7.5 weeks to get her.
Throw a manual in there and it makes it difficult. So many automatics on the lot. Mine is on order right now with the manual. Ship leaves today and it still isn't on the boat. I am nervous it will have to wait 2 more weeks for the next ship to Port Hueneme. Car has been at the dock since Monday, but don't know if slated for this ship or not.

Old 06-14-2013 | 06:59 AM
PrincessKick
2nd Gear
My car was at the dock waiting for a ship for about a week and a half :(

Old 06-14-2013 | 07:10 AM
blue dragon
2nd Gear
We have buckets in the back, the bench is useless, you will never fit 3 people back there comfortably

Old 06-14-2013 | 07:51 AM
Jimbo
5th Gear
Originally Posted by blue dragon
We have buckets in the back, the bench is useless, you will never fit 3 people back there comfortably
We waited for the bench to be available so the grand kids could be transported safely, we were surprised at the number of vehicles that have room for three in the back but offer only two seatbelts, so for us the bench is far from "useless".

Old 06-14-2013 | 08:07 AM
shark715
6th Gear
We have had the bench seat in both of our CM's, And have had three average size people in the rear many times. In every case, our passengers said they were shocked how much room there is. Granted the bucket seats are more stylish, and you would not want three people in the rear for anything more than a short drive, But it is very feasible to put three average size people back there.

Old 06-14-2013 | 08:52 AM
iriedevil32
4th Gear
Speak for yourself. I get three people in the rear without any problem of comfort.

Old 06-14-2013 | 08:54 AM
Koopah
6th Gear
Our GoldenDoodle (Cooper) cannot keep his head inside our car. He rides with his rear feet on the middle of the bench seat, his front feet on the front armrest, and his head "periscoping" through the sunroof. A bench seat was, therefore, a necessity!

Here he is in our R53 on the highway:

His latest protective gear:

Old 06-14-2013 | 08:59 AM
blue dragon
2nd Gear
Never realized there were so many bench seat lovers........
We have 2 kids, 7 and 4, best for them to have their own seat with cup holders in between.

Old 06-14-2013 | 09:41 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by iriedevil32
I get three people in the rear without any problem of comfort.
I am not even going to go anywhere near that statement.

Sealy - Who knows when to roll his eyes and move on.

Old 06-14-2013 | 09:52 AM
scalpel_ninja
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sealy

i am not even going to go anywhere near that statement.

Sealy - who knows when to roll his eyes and move on.
lol

Old 06-14-2013 | 01:14 PM
EHans
|
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Sealy
I am not even going to go anywhere near that statement.

Sealy - Who knows when to roll his eyes and move on.
Did not need that imagery.

Teh Mind Bleach! It doesna work!!!!

Old 06-14-2013 | 02:34 PM
fused
2nd Gear
I'm done....with Mini.... At least the CM...
I will not accept a Bench in the back.
They force RF tires
Yeah, I'll run this one til it drops...
If they stop the silliness, I may reconsider....if not, this one was fun

Old 06-14-2013 | 02:57 PM
EHans
|
5th Gear
Originally Posted by fused
I'm done....with Mini.... At least the CM...
I will not accept a Bench in the back.
They force RF tires
Yeah, I'll run this one til it drops...
If they stop the silliness, I may reconsider....if not, this one was fun
Yeah, I'd totally not buy a car just because it had a bench in back. That would pretty much limit my purchases to... what? maybe 5-10 other models globally?

Old 06-14-2013 | 03:21 PM
fused
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by EHans
Yeah, I'd totally not buy a car just because it had a bench in back. That would pretty much limit my purchases to... what? maybe 5-10 other models globally?
To not even have the option, after having them as the only option til now?
This car with a Bench...NOT!!!!!

Old 06-14-2013 | 03:30 PM
EHans
|
5th Gear
Originally Posted by fused
To not even have the option, after having them as the only option til now?
This car with a Bench...NOT!!!!!
Well, it isn't the only option though. Mine came standard with the bench but I optioned the buckets. It seems the bucket though is enough of a minority that they are dropping it, so in that regard, it is like 99.9% of the other cars - bench seat.

I think the thing is the rail. It just doesn't look like it was a successful experiment.

I'll be curious to see if the front rail exists in the 2014's.

Quick Reply: R60 Price Hike, and RIP Center Rail and Buckets for 2014?