1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 NEW 2016 Light White CMS and Garage Full of Mods (It Begins)!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 06:10 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,083 Likes on 1,859 Posts
Forge intercooler looks very nice,. You haul the bike with the Countryman ? Really like the driveway paves, i guess the perks of living in Florida.

Well done on the Countryman , bravo.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 01-14-2016, 06:35 AM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Forge intercooler looks very nice,. You haul the bike with the Countryman ? Really like the driveway paves, i guess the perks of living in Florida.

Well done on the Countryman , bravo.
Thank you ECS!

I don't haul the bike anywhere that I could drive it!

I have an 2009 X-Runner that I would use if the need were to arise, but I usually only take "long trips" down to Key West. Its a beautiful ride down there, the bike on a trailer would be a waste!!

Do you guys have any project car(s)? It would be cool to see your ideas & configurations!

Old 01-14-2016, 06:58 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Originally Posted by JuanTheHuman
Thank you ECS!

I don't haul the bike anywhere that I could drive it!

I have an 2009 X-Runner that I would use if the need were to arise, but I usually only take "long trips" down to Key West. Its a beautiful ride down there, the bike on a trailer would be a waste!!

Do you guys have any project car(s)? It would be cool to see your ideas & configurations!
Welcome. Great you drive it. Drive to key west = life goal for me in the MINI convertible. I was just wondering as most people haul with there Countryman.

No MINI build cars expect for these, which are mine.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...today-659.html

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 01-14-2016, 10:03 AM
SoCalledFriend
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
HEY FRIEND,

Yes. They are the Paul Yaffe 12'' Monkeys. I love them, they are perfect shoulder height and allowed me to retain OEM fairing mirrors.
Cool.....I thought they might be, but there are so many different bar manufacturers these days with copy cat looking bar designs. That's a clean Street Glide.

I work for HD. Good to see some other MINI drivers with Harley's!

I'll join your shameless picture group.....2014 XL1200X

Attached Thumbnails NEW 2016 Light White CMS and Garage Full of Mods (It Begins)!-20141222_105748.jpg  
Old 01-14-2016, 10:57 AM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SoCalledFriend
Cool.....I thought they might be, but there are so many different bar manufacturers these days with copy cat looking bar designs. That's a clean Street Glide.

HEY FREIND,

That is a fantastic "48"!! I love the mix of black, chrome, and silver flake! When I was looking to buy a bike, I really loved the 48, but my frame is just to large for the bike! (6'2'' - 235LBS). I looked like Bowser in Mario Kart!

Old 01-15-2016, 04:09 AM
preme123
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks awesome! Are you looking to get any ECU tunes?

Old 01-15-2016, 05:54 AM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by preme123
Looks awesome! Are you looking to get any ECU tunes?
I am looking hard at the Manic Motorsports Tune. It seems to be a "bang-for-buck" favorite among other forum users. I am also looking to purchase the JMTC Quick Spool Turbo and Ported Exhaust Manifold setup that they offer. Once I complete all my bolt-on hardware, I will move on to the software.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:58 AM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
[QUOTE=ECSTuning;4163977]Welcome. Great you drive it. Drive to key west = life goal for me in the MINI convertible. I was just wondering as most people haul with there Countryman.

HEY ECS!

Those all look great! You can tell you also put alot of BS&T in them! I really like the offset checkered grill idea on the red. Also the red convertible and blue hardtop are smooth as can be! I also really like the black trim and stance on the blue. Super Clean!

Old 01-15-2016, 06:09 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Originally Posted by SoCalledFriend

Very nice, like the driveway also, looks like nature stone or something larger w/ pebbles in the concrete mix.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:15 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
[QUOTE=JuanTheHuman;4164372]
Welcome. Great you drive it. Drive to key west = life goal for me in the MINI convertible. I was just wondering as most people haul with there Countryman.

HEY ECS!

Those all look great! You can tell you also put alot of BS&T in them! I really like the offset checkered grill idea on the red. Also the red convertible and blue hardtop are smooth as can be! I also really like the black trim and stance on the blue. Super Clean!
Thanks, they are my babies. The checkered grille I did on the Hot Orange MINI Cooper Convertible ( might look red on your monitor ) custom with 3M material .

Old 01-19-2016, 06:51 AM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
Greetings from SO-FLA,

So I got around to completing the Forge FMIC Installation! I finally have the whole front end put back together! Just to give you a few of the install details. I removed the front support completely and cut out a 1-1.5" strip out of the "bottom inside" of the front support. I sprayed with flat black rust proof paint after the cut. After marking the holes by lining up with intercooler, I drilled 3/8'' holes into the front support. I then custom cut some all-thread and used 4 locknuts per side. (1 on either side of front support & 1 on either side of intercooler mounting tabs). Remember to use thread locker too! I also had to cut the driver's side plastic flap that runs along the outside edge of the radiator to fit around the intercooler endtank.

I also removed the front & rear bumper reflectors and sprayed them with VHT Nightshades. I did 6 coats, lightly wetsanding with 2000 grit in between each coat, and finished up with a clearcoat.

I also installed the Hella Dual SharpTone Horn Set. They fit directly onto the OEM stem mounts using the nut that came with them. However, you have to drill the mounting hole one step up for the Hella Horn. Then, I cut off the OEM connectors and simply added some spade connectors to hook up to the Hellas. NOTE: They are loud as %@$&!!!!...... and have a cool, unique, euro sound!

Old 01-19-2016, 07:01 AM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
PS - Because of the angle of the pictures I took, it seems like the intercooler is almost touching in the corners, however, it has well over an inch of space. Additionally, the mounting solution is rock solid to the front support, thus, the intercooler has zero movement. One more thing, the Forge FMIC also comes with a single tab in the center of the bottom. I cut this tab off with a cutting wheel as I only used the 2 up top.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:35 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Well done. Hella horns are loud. Like the FMIC fit. Looks like you are running wheel spacers. 15mm ? And a stud kit.

Great build thread.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:00 AM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
Well done. Hella horns are loud. Like the FMIC fit. Looks like you are running wheel spacers. 15mm ? And a stud kit.

Great build thread.
Thank you ECS! I am very happy with how the FMIC project came out. I was worried at first, but it all worked out. Once i finished installing the FMIC, my immediate thought then became....."I hope the bumper cover now fits!!!"

Turns out, it couldn't be any closer of a fit. The bottom corners of the FMIC barely poke out of the holes in the bottom grille!

Yes, those are 15mm WMW Spacers and Stud Conversion Kit. It was one of the first things I did, considering I HATE working with studless hubs. The OEM Wheels now sit much more flush with the wheel well too! The spacers were a non-permanent solution until I go to aftermarket wheels, just waiting for these brand new OEM tires to wear out. I am planning on the Rohana RC22 wheels in Matte Black. 19x8.5 +35 with some Conti's.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:14 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Welcome.

That fit looks tight. Nice job.

Looks like our spacers and studs , but could not see the ECS Tuning logo on the spacer. Have not seen those wheels on a CM , tread new ground there. Cant wait for pics.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:56 AM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
Hey ECS!

Here are a few snaps of the Rohana RC22's that I plan on using, just to give everyone an idea.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:02 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Thanks

Yes, seen pics , cant wait to see them on a CM, never seen that style on one.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:13 AM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
Greetings from SO-FLA,

Here are a couple snaps of the CMS after all the work, and subsequently, a thorough bath...

My Sony A5100 was out of battery. Fail. So I could only use my iPhone and couldnt take very creative shots...

Drive Safe and Drive Often. Rubber Side Down. Over and Out.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:15 AM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
Old 01-25-2016, 07:52 AM
minicountry
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your CM looks great, happy moding bro

Old 01-25-2016, 07:59 AM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
Hey MINICOUNTRY,

I do not have Coilovers. I installed the Megan Racing Springs. Thus, I do not know any of the settings, etc... I can say, however, that I am very happy with the performance from the MR Springs. They set the ride height the way it SHOULD come from OEM, and are not harsh or bouncy. They reduce body roll and reduce torque loss in the suspension during acceleration, but are very conservative in terms of comfort. Hope this helps!

Old 01-25-2016, 08:02 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor

Again , looks so good with that tint, well done on the mods.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:18 PM
PureWorks
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
So let's get an update so far from start to finish....what where you looking to accomplish? And in comparison to stock what did you accomplish?
Looks sweeeeeeet!

Old 01-28-2016, 06:15 AM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
Greetings from SO-FLA,

I'm in the middle of installing the P3 VIDI Gauge. Wiring is gonna be a @#$%&. NOTE: The actual connection is obviously easy, as it just connect to your OBII, but I mean figuring out how to get it all the way down from the AC Vent...

Old 01-28-2016, 06:47 AM
JuanTheHuman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PureWorks
So let's get an update so far from start to finish....what where you looking to accomplish? And in comparison to stock what did you accomplish?
Looks sweeeeeeet!
Hello PUREWORKS,

Well, firstly, I heavily mod all my vehicles. But, with this CMS I wanted to accentuate the handling characteristics, add some unique aesthetic details, and open up the engine a bit.

Firstly, I wanted to get ride of the "Monster Truck Wheelgap", which I accomplished via the Megan Racing Lowering Springs. I think they put the stance to where OEM should have been. Don't get me wrong, I know many guys on here like to even lift theirs, and that's OK, everyone has their own taste! The springs also reduced the lateral torque loss when you floor it. The other suspension upgrades, such as the sway and strut, were to accentuate the sporty handling for me, and to make it as safe as possible for my wife.

In terms of engine upgrades, I am not delirious into thinking I'm building a "Porsche-Eater"...But I want it to be zippy enough for fun & spirited city and highway driving. I think my current bolt-ons will accomplish this when I add the Manic Stage 1 or 2, which I aim to do soon. Hope this answers your question, lol.

Drive Safe and Drive Often. Rubber Side Down. Over and Out.

Quick Reply: R60 NEW 2016 Light White CMS and Garage Full of Mods (It Begins)!