1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Any third party warranty options people like?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 10:30 AM
Chad Morin
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any third party warranty options people like?

I bought a 2014 R60 with 50,000 from carmax and like all previous cars made the intelligent decision not to even entertain the idea of their maxcare warranty.

That was 30 days ago to this date. In those 30 days my mini has been in the shop for 15 days!

After extensive research on this forum and better understanding of the HPFP and turbo issues, my own experience with parts falling off and misfires, I so deeply regret for the first time in my life NOT getting the extended warranty. The cost of the current repairs and a HPFP alone would put me ahead of the warranty should the HPFS fail which I anticipate happening as I see codes being thrown.

Any my suggestions from actual warranty holders that have found their warranty companies life savers?

thank you in advance!

Old 12-29-2016, 02:23 PM
nielsenp
1st Gear
USAA if your a member also change the oil more frequently and let the car idle for a minute after driving hard

Old 12-29-2016, 02:27 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 571 Likes on 487 Posts
No warranty info as I have never bought one. If I felt the car i was buying was so likely to fail I wouldn't buy it.

HPFP issue on many of these cars has extended coverage outside of normal warranty. Make sure to push that issue if they want to charge you.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:40 PM
airbus_jas
Neutral
I bought my first third-party warranty ever and it has worked out. It was issued in house by Hendrick Mini which is part of the 300 dealer Hendrick family.

I went in with the intention of buying the MINI "branded" warranty as thats what Clark Howard (AM radio consumer advocate) recommends. He says buy ONLY the branded MANUFACTURER warranty because of the high failure rate of private warranty companies.

I spent $1800 on the Hendrick platinum warranty and have had over $20000 of work done with no deductible. Its a 2011 Countryman All 4 which is on consumer report's **** list.

I would never own a european car off-warranty.