1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 07:57 PM
Adrien
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Upgrades

Looking to do some upgrades to the 2014 CM. Has anyone had any of these installed? Do you like it? Did you find a better price anywhere?
ECU Upgrade
Blow Off Valve
Catch Can
Stage Four

Old 10-29-2018, 10:52 AM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
Received 241 Likes on 207 Posts
Well stage 4 is going to require several other supporting mods. Like an upgraded turbo, downpipe, fmic, water/meth injection, etc. With the mods you are looking at you should be thinking more like stage 1, maybe stage 2 if you do the downpipe and intercooler.
As for the rest of the post, yes, my 2012 R60 (pretty much the same) has a stage 3 RPM Power ECU tune. An upgraded turbo, JCW fmic, GFB DV+, etc.
The ECU tune will be far and away the best bang for your buck mod. But I recommend doing any other mods first. The BOV can be a nice addition, especially with increased boost from a tune. You do not probably want to go with a vent to atmosphere BOV, as you will more than likely get a CEL from it. But there are good diverter options that work well and give you some of that sweet sound. Catch can cannot hurt, but not as imperative on the N18 engine..
Welcome to Countryman ownership and good luck to you! Hopefully this will help a little. Ask away, that’s how we learn.
we like to see pics of it too!

The following users liked this post:
Adrien (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 10:57 AM
Adrien
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MrGrumpy
Well stage 4 is going to require several other supporting mods. Like an upgraded turbo, downpipe, fmic, water/meth injection, etc. With the mods you are looking at you should be thinking more like stage 1, maybe stage 2 if you do the downpipe and intercooler.
As for the rest of the post, yes, my 2012 R60 (pretty much the same) has a stage 3 RPM Power ECU tune. An upgraded turbo, JCW fmic, GFB DV+, etc.
The ECU tune will be far and away the best bang for your buck mod. But I recommend doing any other mods first. The BOV can be a nice addition, especially with increased boost from a tune. You do not probably want to go with a vent to atmosphere BOV, as you will more than likely get a CEL from it. But there are good diverter options that work well and give you some of that sweet sound. Catch can cannot hurt, but not as imperative on the N18 engine..
Welcome to Countryman ownership and good luck to you! Hopefully this will help a little. Ask away, that’s how we learn.
we like to see pics of it too!
Here is what is included in the stage 4 https://www.minimania.com/part/G2NMK...om-04-2012-R60 it has the turbo, downpipe and what not.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:47 AM
cornjuice
Banned
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
im sure anyone would be pleased with 5k$ in bolt-ons LMAO.
*better prices are -- EVERYWHERE!
*boost tubes arent needed
*ebay for your FMIC
*ebay for your intake
*Mario Palza for your DP and ECU

Old 10-29-2018, 12:18 PM
Adrien
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cornjuice
im sure anyone would be pleased with 5k$ in bolt-ons LMAO.
*better prices are -- EVERYWHERE!
*boost tubes arent needed
*ebay for your FMIC
*ebay for your intake
*Mario Palza for your DP and ECU
Trust me, I do not want to spend $5k lol
I would love to order from Mario, but he only works with authorized dealers and up here in Alaska, we have zero...Unfortunately.
I guess I will have to look around on ebay.

Old 10-29-2018, 01:23 PM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
Received 241 Likes on 207 Posts
Mario is an authorized dealer for several things now, and it doesn’t matter where you are, you can ship your ECU to him and have it back in just a matter of days. Yes, that’s a neat kit, but you don’t need all of it and can find better prices! Mario handles product for NM Engineering and JMTC turbos now too , I believe. Not to mention at this point, he is the only person I trust to tinker with my ECU without having a worry in the world about it. Lots of used upgrades are always available in the marketplace as well, for $ savings. Good luck