R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Chili Red Clubman Owner's Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 07:45 PM
accordselux
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chili Red Clubman Owner's Club

I searched and it didn't pop up so here goes, I know I wasn't the first one on here with one!

GoMiniGo's tow hook license plate kit for the win.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:51 PM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sharp looking Mini!!!

Congrats!!!

I finally saw one today on the road and it was a red one.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:17 PM
RaceFace
3rd Gear
Really good looking Clubman!! Congrats! You will love it!!

By the way, nice shoe laces too!

Old 05-31-2008, 08:29 PM
DragonWagon
5th Gear
Beautiful Color Combo!
I had a red car previously and had to DQ the color.

Please post a picture of Gretchen.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:06 PM
accordselux
4th Gear
Originally Posted by RaceFace
Really good looking Clubman!! Congrats! You will love it!!

By the way, nice shoe laces too!
I wanted to dress my best for my big occasion

Nike Air Force 1's never go out of style, eh

And Gretchen giving me the rundown:

I'm so happy.

I didn't get to take it out for much of a spin because as soon as I got home it started hailing Summer in MN... so it is in the garage until tomorrow.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:38 PM
weinerdog
2nd Gear
Awesome car! And I know what you mean about summer in MN...our plans got changed by the weather as well. It's not good when you're heading NW of the TC and they're having tornado sirens go off(turned around to be safe). You'll just have to make up the miles tomorrow

I forgot to mention, I've only seen one Clubbie around here, and ironically it was parked right outside my building(PW/B MCC). That has to change

Last edited by weinerdog; 05-31-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:29 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
Hi Ben,
Great looking Clubby. I was first in Arizona to reserve one 30 months ago and my color combo is the same as yours. Love the Chile Red!!! Photos in my Gallery, plus I wrote an article on the looo-oo-nn-g wait for Roundel.
Congrats. It only gets better after you finally get to drive them, eh? I had to take the truck today to get gas for the mower and drop off trash at my shop dumpster. I really missed driving Otto. He'll go out again Monday as long as our weather is good. Sunday is errand day so the Suburban will go out so I don't have to put Otto into a parking lot.
You will find yourself looking for the long way to work!!

Old 06-01-2008, 04:15 AM
jweiss32807
2nd Gear
Ben - Congrats on the new shoes - your Clubbie I mean! That was awesome of the dealer to set up the plaque and give you the VIP treatment. Is that Fluid Silver trim I see?

I also took delivery of my CR Clubman yesterday. But it is still at the dealer on a lift. Funny story. I ordered a set of aftermarket wheels from Alta Mini and had them put them on for delivery. After the dealer got them mounted and balanced (with the stock tires and TPMS), they realized the factory lug bolts would not fit the new wheels. So, Alta Mini didn't tell me I would need very rare tuner lug bolts for these wheels (even though I asked!), and my dealer didn't check fit before mounting. So she sits on a lift until they can rig a custom set to move it, or I can get a set of tuner lug bolts sent to me overnight. So after two weeks of delay at the Port of Brunswick, I now know where my car is - shoeless on my dealer's lift. Sigh.

I was looking for a Chilli Red Club Thread. Thanks for starting one. I'll post pics of mine later this week (I hope). Congrats again Ben.

Jon W.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:08 AM
thulewx
4th Gear
congrats on your flawless taste in cars!

Any plans for mods yet? Careful not to be bitten by the blackout bug like me...

Old 06-01-2008, 05:28 AM
robertshill
2nd Gear
Still waiting for production number

I've been looking for this thread!

I ordered a CR/B Clubman about a month ago and have to wait another couple of weeks to get a production number. My MA expects delivery the end of August! I'm getting the regular version, not S, but the dealer's quota is mostly for the S so I have to wait!!!!! I guess that's the problem with using a dealer in a highly populated area!

Old 06-01-2008, 05:34 AM
Doogs
4th Gear
What the hey, I'll join in on the fun...here's Red:

Old 06-01-2008, 06:07 AM
rexicon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jweiss32807
Ben - Congrats on the new shoes - your Clubbie I mean! That was awesome of the dealer to set up the plaque and give you the VIP treatment. Is that Fluid Silver trim I see?

I also took delivery of my CR Clubman yesterday. But it is still at the dealer on a lift. Funny story. I ordered a set of aftermarket wheels from Alta Mini and had them put them on for delivery. After the dealer got them mounted and balanced (with the stock tires and TPMS), they realized the factory lug bolts would not fit the new wheels. So, Alta Mini didn't tell me I would need very rare tuner lug bolts for these wheels (even though I asked!), and my dealer didn't check fit before mounting. So she sits on a lift until they can rig a custom set to move it, or I can get a set of tuner lug bolts sent to me overnight. So after two weeks of delay at the Port of Brunswick, I now know where my car is - shoeless on my dealer's lift. Sigh.

I was looking for a Chilli Red Club Thread. Thanks for starting one. I'll post pics of mine later this week (I hope). Congrats again Ben.

Jon W.
Congrats Jon - at least you know it's close now!

Old 06-01-2008, 07:34 AM
accordselux
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jweiss32807

Jon W.
Aww jeez! I'd be straight up

I had a delivery foul up as well.

Since MN has a law that you must have a front plate (Michigan didn't) I ordered the tow hook mount kit to make sure that they didn't drill holes in the bumper. My MA Gretchen made SURE to make a note of it and even dropped off the kit to the service dept. But she came back and saw the holes drilled in my brand new bumper

So they're going to fill them and repaint the area. I would prefer to have a brand new car with no touch up but what happened happened. At least I got to drive it though

LMK where you get those lugs, I'll probably need to order some because i'm planning on getting a set of forged Motegi Traklites in matte black to match the car.

As for mods, what I have lined up in the next few weeks are:
Window tint
Alta stubby antenna
JCW Grille and black trim.

After that it's probably just going to be wheels, exhaust, and maybe a front bumper from AC Schnitzer or Hamann. That means once i'm out of Grad school here, definitely not during!

There's a big event, Grand Old Days, on Grand Avenue here in St. Paul today i'll take some nicer pics.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:32 AM
starshawnj
1st Gear
Sweet Choice!

Congrats on such a beauty. Makes me jealous, mine just got scheduled for production yesterday and I'm in manic mode now after seeing these pics!

Old 06-01-2008, 01:42 PM
hein
1st Gear
Here some more pics of my clubman D in the best color combination there is . More pics in my gallery

Attached Thumbnails Chili Red Clubman Owner's Club-album_pic1.jpg   Chili Red Clubman Owner's Club-dsc1487_ca.jpg  

Last edited by hein; 06-01-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:38 PM
DragonWagon
5th Gear
The relief about finally receiving your Clubman is to NOT hear the MiniUSA.com/OwnersLounge music "Track Your Clubman."
That tune could make someone go postal after hearing it multiple times a day, for weeks.
My Clubman showed On Order two days after I placed it. Like most of you, I was online multiple times a day, looking for status changes.

Ahhhhhhh!

ACCORDSELUX-My origins are far west 'Sota. Heavy on the Fargo accent.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:04 PM
accordselux
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DragonWagon

ACCORDSELUX-My origins are far west 'Sota. Heavy on the Fargo accent.
Oh, fer cute!

I'm from Michigan so all you folks sound funny to me dontcha know.

I've actually started picking up some of the accent after living here 4 years haha.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:31 AM
sgrundw
2nd Gear
Black roof--Hot?

Originally Posted by hein
Here some more pics of my clubman D in the best color combination there is . More pics in my gallery
Do you find that the black roof causes the interior to get hotter than hot?

Old 06-02-2008, 11:36 AM
hein
1st Gear
Originally Posted by sgrundw
no i don't think it will be hotter, silver metal will also be hot in the sun, and when you start the engine the climate control cools it down

Old 06-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Doogs
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sgrundw
I live in Central Texas, where pretty much any car gets hotter than hot! But...I owned a silver-roofed R53 before taking delivery on Red, so I feel I can offer a real-world comparison.

In my experience, the black roof hasn't had much of an effect. Yes, if you leave the car in direct sun in 100 degree heat, it's going to get hot. But the same was true of my R53, and I don't think the Clubbie gets any hotter than the old MCS did. If anything, it may be a touch cooler (maybe red's more reflective than Royal Grey?). After all, I have yet to have my hands scaled by the metal on the shifter or the seat belt.

I think more than the black roof, a good tint will help keep the cabin somewhat reasonable.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:02 PM
accordselux
4th Gear
Here's more pics with some of the options I ordered so some of you can see them if you're unsure of how they look.

Currently the only mod is the tow hook license plate relocator kit (I can't let the off-center license plate mounting end at the Honda! :P )

My upcoming plans are:

Window tint
Stubby antenna
black leather shifter and brake boot with red stitching (JDM yo!)

After that, i'm not sure. I'm planning on getting Motegi Traklites in matte black, but can't decide on 16's or 17's. I might also get the M7 carbon hood scoop and perhaps an AC Schnitzer or Hamann aero package. But that's for when I'm OUT of grad school :P

Now, onto the photoshoots:

The passenger side with the Clubdoor:

The unique rear end, with this abandoned train near my house:

Messed with settings:

And here's some closeups of some of the features:

Clubdoor open:

Interior with Fluid Silver option interior trim:

The console:

The key fob and the start button:

Optional anthracite headliner:

Apparently a gift to me; optional door sills I didn't order :P

The rear van style doors open around the taillights:

The rear seats folded flat open up to 33 cubic feet of cargo room, vs the 24 in the standard R56 hatch:

Interior at night:

Turbo power and 29 mpg on the first tank (!)

Old 06-03-2008, 06:46 PM
scott.brown
1st Gear
What awesome Chile Red Clubmans! We just ordered a CR MCCS for delivery upon arrival to Germany in October. It will be a long 5 months. We can not wait to get there.

Scott and Allison

Old 06-03-2008, 07:10 PM
DragonWagon
5th Gear
Your door sills look like the standard ones.
CLUBMAN is probably stamped on the passenger side in 1/4" letters.

I took dozens of pictures in the mid day sun and they looked terrible(sparkling silver). I reshot at dusk...in Gallery.

You can put your pics in your Gallery, if you haven't already.

Great color. Had red previously, decided to pick something different this time.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:30 PM
thbugman
2nd Gear
My MA said today i should be getting my new chili red/black Clubman on Friday......

Old 06-03-2008, 09:32 PM
LarryParker
ClubRed
Hey There,
Best of luck with the new car, I have done a few mods, the latest is a set of Hella black Magic driving lamps instead of the oems. Have fun, enjoy, and happy motoring.

Larry

Quick Reply: R55 Chili Red Clubman Owner's Club