2nd Gen Countryman (F60) Talk (2016-2024) Second Generation Countryman discussion. F60

F60 F60 Waiters Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 12:35 PM
CLNickel
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, has anyone else been waiting as long as I have been? I ordered my car on March 18th. She is currently awaiting transport to Galveston, TX and then delivery to Edmond, OK. Looks like it will be at least another 4 weeks......so frustrating!

Old 07-10-2017, 03:01 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Just checked the status and my Hybrid CM is in production now. The completion date is 7/13

Old 07-10-2017, 05:11 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by CLNickel
So, has anyone else been waiting as long as I have been? I ordered my car on March 18th. She is currently awaiting transport to Galveston, TX and then delivery to Edmond, OK. Looks like it will be at least another 4 weeks......so frustrating!
Did you have the Driving Assistant in Spec I heard that delayed allot of vehicles.

On a good note dealer updated us today and said that Ethel will be ready to pick up Tomm evening..

Old 07-10-2017, 10:00 PM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
I posted this in its own thread, but did any of you select the spoiler option? Trying to see examples of with and without it?

Old 07-11-2017, 07:20 AM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MIminiclubman
Did you have the Driving Assistant in Spec I heard that delayed allot of vehicles.

On a good note dealer updated us today and said that Ethel will be ready to pick up Tomm evening..
Woo hoo!

Originally Posted by darex
I posted this in its own thread, but did any of you select the spoiler option? Trying to see examples of with and without it?
I didn't, and from what I have seen, the "normal" version still gets a "mini" spoiler and I *think* the spoiler option just makes it bigger/longer... The ones I saw without it looked fine to me (No plans to race it and needing downforce and stuff)... Then again, I usually don't like spoiler options in general, so I might be biased...

Old 07-11-2017, 09:47 AM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
As far as I know Ethel does not have the spoiler option. So based on what she looks like I have no clue what the spoiler option does.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:32 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Well I've joined the list of those waiting for their F60 order. I ordered an Island Blue JCW with chili red roof/mirrors last Wednesday (7/5). So far only on the Ordered list, no build date yet. This is my second go-around with MINI ordering. Back in 2012 I ordered a Green Park Clubman S. It took a little over 2 months. The waits were frustrating and perplexing but it was also fun to follow the production and shipping progress.

I still have the Clubman. I'm passing it on to my son as his daily driver. I didn't want to let it out of the family. It is a great car.

By the way, the "spoiler option" is standard on the JCW. It is a very subtle spoiler. It overhangs the rear window maybe an additional one/two inches with a very slight upturn at the end. If you go to the MINI build web site and build a JCW. Go to the External options. Bring up the spoiler dialog. If you look very closely you can see the upturn.

Last edited by kwolfman; 07-11-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:11 PM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by iceknyght
Woo hoo!I didn't, and from what I have seen, the "normal" version still gets a "mini" spoiler and I *think* the spoiler option just makes it bigger/longer... The ones I saw without it looked fine to me (No plans to race it and needing downforce and stuff)... Then again, I usually don't like spoiler options in general, so I might be biased...
My thinking as well. Just wanted to make sure. Going to place my order next week, and don't want to make any regretful mistakes.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:00 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Does anyone know if Active Driver Assist is still a bottleneck?

Old 07-14-2017, 12:28 PM
Donreith
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Me and two others are set to be loaded onto the California-bound Don Quixote on Sunday.

Old 07-14-2017, 01:02 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Mine was built completely yesterday and is at the port for vessel now

Old 07-14-2017, 04:24 PM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Snurfer
Ethel is looking good! Might be swaying me away from the Moonwalk Grey. Does Ethel have black stripes? What interior did you go with?

Can't wait for you to pick her up! I only have at least two months left of waiting
I was fully committed to Moonwalk Grey -- same as my F56 has. Still love it, but oddly, Melting Silver looks better on the Countryman (at least today it does &#128563. Got to settle on the color very soon, as it's time to order it. Going to do a body-colored roof for the first time.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:24 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by pyuhlu
Mine was built completely yesterday and is at the port for vessel now
Congrats. The wait is worth it.

Old 07-15-2017, 11:12 AM
Donreith
1st Gear
Originally Posted by darex
I was fully committed to Moonwalk Grey -- same as my F56 has. Still love it, but oddly, Melting Silver looks better on the Countryman (at least today it does &#128563. Got to settle on the color very soon, as it's time to order it. Going to do a body-colored roof for the first time.

Saw a silver with a sliver roof for the first time. I think it looks great. The black pillars make the roof look like it is floating.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:55 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
JCW Orders delayed until September

For all those who have recently placed an order on a JCW Countryman or contemplating doing so, be aware that MINI has cut way back on allocations for these cars. My dealer has told me I definitely have one of the allocations however MINI is pushing back the builds until September. I've been assured my build will be during the first week of September...or sooner if they relax their schedule. I ordered on July 5 so I'm looking at mid-late September for delivery on the east coast.

Old 07-16-2017, 04:09 PM
Jaque_Mate
4th Gear
Finally scheduled for production and got my VIN. Attempting to memorize my VIN like my Clubman, lol.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:14 PM
Nikolas
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
For all those who have recently placed an order on a JCW Countryman or contemplating doing so, be aware that MINI has cut way back on allocations for these cars. My dealer has told me I definitely have one of the allocations however MINI is pushing back the builds until September. I've been assured my build will be during the first week of September...or sooner if they relax their schedule. I ordered on July 5 so I'm looking at mid-late September for delivery on the east coast.
I had no idea. My wife and I walked onto a mini lot last Friday. A 2018 white JCW Countryman just came off the truck. The wife fell in love with it so we placed a deposit. We should be picking it up either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:06 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Nikolas
I had no idea. My wife and I walked onto a mini lot last Friday. A 2018 white JCW Countryman just came off the truck. The wife fell in love with it so we placed a deposit. We should be picking it up either tomorrow or Wednesday.
I don't want to hear that! La La La La La

Actually I'm just too picky. I like to order so that I can get exactly what I want. However the wait can be excruciating.

I hope everything goes great for you! The white (with red roof?) is a classic JCW combination. You are so fortunate getting a JCW right off the truck. That way it hasn't been used as a demo. MINI's have a 1200 mi break-in period. I doubt that demos have it so easy, certainly not the one I test drove.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:58 PM
Nikolas
1st Gear
I don't want to hear that! La La La La La

Actually I'm just too picky. I like to order so that I can get exactly what I want. However the wait can be excruciating.

I hope everything goes great for you! The white (with red roof?) is a classic JCW combination. You are so fortunate getting a JCW right off the truck. That way it hasn't been used as a demo. MINI's have a 1200 mi break-in period. I doubt that demos have it so easy, certainly not the one I test drove.
i hear you. It's definitely more special to order a car. My wife is not so picky.

it is white w/ red top, mirrors and stripes, tech package, H&K & some other minor items.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:29 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Joining the Waiters Club......

Well I've joined the list of those waiting for their F60 order. I ordered an Island Blue JCW with chili red roof/mirrors last Wednesday (7/5). So far only on the Ordered list, no build date yet. This is my second go-around with MINI ordering. Back in 2012 I ordered a Green Park Clubman S. It took a little over 2 months. The waits were frustrating and perplexing but it was also fun to follow the production and shipping progress.

I still have the Clubman. I'm passing it on to my son as his daily driver. I didn't want to let it out of the family. It is a great car.

By the way, the "spoiler option" is standard on the JCW. It is a very subtle spoiler. It overhangs the rear window maybe an additional one/two inches with a very slight upturn at the end. If you go to the MINI build web site and build a JCW. Go to the External options. Bring up the spoiler dialog. If you look very closely you can see the upturn.
And the wait begins.....Ordered Island Blue SE 7/6/17 fully loaded with Active Driving Assist and Piano Black Illuminated interior. Chose to keep the Carbon Black Leatherette seats as they are easier to keep clean for my use. All season tires as I do not like run flats. Adding the panoramic sunroof is certainly going to decrease mpg I'm sure but my daily driving is around town only since I work from home. Salesman said they are awaiting production slot to open up as they are only allocated one for the new SE and one for the JCW. I'm first on the list though and should have it sometime in the Fall.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:42 PM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MIminiclubman

I placed my order today. Here's the latest on Driver's Assist. They have to find a new supplier, and they estimate a SIX MONTH DELAY! I had to begrudgingly remove it from my build. Unbelievable!

The crazy thing is that the demo I drove had it, but I cannot order it. ☹ï¸

Old 07-18-2017, 07:53 PM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
My ‘18 is aboard the Don Quixote too. It was built on July 4th and I have active driving assist on my build. I haven’t heard of delays on that feature for the 18’s is it possible the sales guy was just trying to close the deal. You should call the 1866ASKMINI number and see if they tell you the same thing.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:31 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
My July build was completed with Active Driving Assist. Now it is at the port of exit and waiting for next available vessel ( hopefully 7/22 )

Last edited by pyuhlu; 07-19-2017 at 05:20 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:39 AM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
mine's sitting in the dealer's 'storage area' until I get back from my trip abroad:

I'm having second thoughts about the red stripes on the bonnet though.

Will have to see it with the protective sheets removed.

Old 07-19-2017, 05:44 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Active Driving Assist

Originally Posted by pyuhlu
My July build was completed with Active Driving Assist. Now it is at the port of exit and waiting for next available vessel ( hopefully 7/22 )
Congratulations! When did you place your order? I ordered the 2018 CMS Hybrid
on July 6 and getting nervous about all the posts on delays for production with the Active Drive Assist:-( Ordered fully loaded plus this feature in Island Blue/Black Top.